Richard Mille Debuts RM65 Model

Mako

I will put a GoPro on it and video my wife surprising me with it for my birthday!

THANK YOU HONEY :icon_mrgreen:

I will put a GoPro on it and have my wife give it to me on YouTube!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

THANK YOU HONEY

Don't spoil my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thefinger:

I will put a GoPro on it and video my wife surprising me with it for my birthday!

THANK YOU HONEY :icon_mrgreen:

I'm going to "LIKE" it on Facebook when some hater calls you an asshole. Just sayin

I'm going to "LIKE" it on Facebook when some hater calls you an asshole. Just sayin

Bwahahahahaaa!

Serious $$$.

Who are the prospective buyers for these things? $30-40k on a watch is one thing. $80-250k on a watch is another.

$1.65Mill on a watch is in another solar system! Thats a Veyron on your wrist.

paging BMWRacer...

I don't think so lol. Watch is hot but not 1.5mil hot. For that $$$, one can buy a Patek sky moon tourbillon and that will never depreciate. The jury is out on RM as in that price range, your customer base is only collectors or extremely wealthy people who don't care what anything costs. The other issue with a collector piece is that is you scuff it, it will affect resale so you really have to be carfeul where and when you wear it. Most watches 500k+ sit in a safe all their life.

I don't think so lol. Watch is hot but not 1.5mil hot. For that $$, one can buy a Patek sky moon tourbillon and that will never depreciate. The jury is out on RM as in that price range, your customer base is only collectors or extremely wealthy people who don't care what anything costs. The other issue with a collector piece is that is you scuff it, it will affect resale so you really have to be carfeul where and when you wear it. Most watches 500k+ sit in a safe all their life.

Which is such a shame because it's like having cars that are garage queens. What's the point!??!

Which is such a shame because it's like having cars that are garage queens. What's the point!??!

It is exactly the same thing. If you think car collectors, especially old ferraris that are stupid money, are anal, you have to witness watch collectors. Everything gets looked at with a magnifying glass and the smallest imperfections or scratches are noted.

On the other hand, the watch market is soft right now and it probably is not a bad idea to park some $$ in specific watches. One has to do their homework and be very selective but the right watch will appreciate more than 5% a year. This is one the reasons the car collector market is hot, especially at the upper range. If one has 30 mill to buy a ferrari gto, his money will be safe and he gets to enjoy the car. Beats the stock market.

I got out of collecting watches a while ago as i like to wear them, so no super expensive pieces for me.