Transgender Eyebrows (aka slowpoke) visits Miami!

TRANSAMERA

Slowpoke make sure you got the right set of clothes (Ed hardy/audigier) when you go partying in Miami, don't forget the miami heat new era cap, some nice chains around your neck and wrists and some tattoo's on your chest and legs. :D

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slowpoke make sure you got the right set of clothes (Ed hardy/audigier) when you go partying in Miami, don't forget the miami heat new era cap, some nice chains around your neck and wrists and some tattoo's on your chest and legs. :D

Lol. That sounds more like the Boca/WPB/Ft. Lauderdale crowd than the Miami crowd.

I sh!t you not, I went to visit some friends in West Palm Beach 2 weekends ago, and ended up at some City Center place at some bar called Dirty Martini, and there was a 458, SL65 Black Series, a 599 HGTE, a 355 spider, a few F430's, a Phantom, a Ghost, and a Maybach 57S outside, but I saw more Ed Hardy, Affliction, and Audigier inside with the 50-60 year old male crowd than I have seen in 5 years in South Beach. :lol2:

Its like they were borrowing it from their 22 year old son too as most of the clothes didn't fit!

It sure is quiet in this thread apart from you Mike :eusa_think:

Thats because what I posted is ALL YOU NEED!

lol.

I am down for dinner 1 night. Smith & Wollensky's at the beach is always a good spot as far as food/drinks.

If you want more atmosphere though, we may want to go somewhere else.

That's what Bill is around for :icon_mrgreen:

Thats because what I posted is ALL YOU NEED!

lol.

I am down for dinner 1 night. Smith & Wollensky's at the beach is always a good spot as far as food/drinks.

If you want more atmosphere though, we may want to go somewhere else.

True, you have been giving solid advice on FB, appreciate it a lot buddy!

Has anyone tried useing ezvip.com to get into the South Florida clubs? I just saw it on Shark Tank this last week.

It still amazes me hotels like the W or Delano and Setai wants 750-1000 a night for basic rooms :shock:

Think of it this way-Law of Supply & Demand.

The majority of US based corporations and Associations in the Northeast, Midwest, and Pacific Northwest are freezing cold this time of year. They plan as much of their meetings this time of year in WARM locations: Miami, Caribbean, Socal, etc. So you have a TON of meetings and conventions business coming into the city from the US. This is also compounded by Canadian based and UK based corporations doing the same thing.

Couple that with the amount of transient visitors (visitors like you who book their room for vacation online) that come into the city from Canada, the Northern part of the US, and Europe to Miami due to the weather it gets worse.

Then you have South American visitors that visit YEAR ROUND to buy clothes, electronics, toiletries, etc, and visit family in Miami because it is cheaper to buy in bulk here than South America.

Then add the fact that you have Ultra Music Festival just ending on your day of arrival, and the Sony Ericsson just ending as well, and people extending their trips, it is a VERY VERY busy time.

So the idea is you can stay AT the beach in the middle of the Action at the best hotels in Miami for $1000/night, you can stay in Downtown Miami at the best hotels in Downtown for $300-$500/night, or you can stay a little further west in Miami where I work for $250-$450/night depending on the dates, but you have to drive or cab it to get to the crazy parties, and nightlife.

The crazy thing is you can throw bowling balls through this city in August and not hit anyone. Simply because it is hot. Dumb logic, but it stays the same every year.

Has anyone tried useing ezvip.com to get into the South Florida clubs? I just saw it on Shark Tank this last week.

I watched that episode too. Great concept

I used to know a girl that worked at the Front Desk at the Delan0. They would make IIRC a 10% commission on upsales there. Which means say you have a $399/night room. Say they talk you into buying a bungalow by the pool at $4000/night because you want to look cool. $3600 difference in rate per night. Say this person stays 4 nights...She made $1440 off that 1 guest in commission. She was making $2500-$5000 a week on top of her pay doing that alone! Doing a $10/hour job!

Lol. That sounds more like the Boca/WPB/Ft. Lauderdale crowd than the Miami crowd.

I sh!t you not, I went to visit some friends in West Palm Beach 2 weekends ago, and ended up at some City Center place at some bar called Dirty Martini, and there was a 458, SL65 Black Series, a 599 HGTE, a 355 spider, a few F430's, a Phantom, a Ghost, and a Maybach 57S outside, but I saw more Ed Hardy, Affliction, and Audigier inside with the 50-60 year old male crowd than I have seen in 5 years in South Beach. :lol2:

Its like they were borrowing it from their 22 year old son too as most of the clothes didn't fit!

my ex works at dirty lol

older crowd trying to hook up with the younger girls is pretty typical in FLL/WPB/Boca.

lets set up a night and we will all meet up!

my ex works at dirty lol

older crowd trying to hook up with the younger girls is pretty typical in FLL/WPB/Boca.

:lol2:

Small world.

There were one or two cute waitresses there.

Maybe off topic but to the Miami residents, are you guys leaving Miami or Florida state when you retire/don't need to work (there) anymore/are older?

A week ago I was looking at some pictures of Miami and I found this thread "the truth about Miami" from someone who works and lives there. Telling Miami is a terrible place to live, rains 6 months a year, only for the rich, ugly scenery when you live the city, hours in traffic, too expensive instead you could live in Paris/London/Manhattan/...

So I was wondering what you guys would do if the need isn't there anymore?

Maybe off topic but to the Miami residents, are you guys leaving Miami or Florida state when you retire/don't need to work (there) anymore/are older?

A week ago I was looking at some pictures of Miami and I found this thread "the truth about Miami" from someone who works and lives there. Telling Miami is a terrible place to live, rains 6 months a year, only for the rich, ugly scenery when you live the city, hours in traffic, too expensive instead you could live in Paris/London/Manhattan/...

My outsider opinion tends to agree with Miami not being all that impressive as an all around city...it may rival or beat out any other city in the US for it's party/single scene but outside of that, was is there? (a Latina scene that is undeniable, yes).

Definitely an awesome place to visit and use/abuse in small doses, or live for a few years if you're single and making some decent money.

Compared to say NYC were people making $30k/year and $30 million/year can co-exist quite well.

Honestly not sure...

Once my wife and I have children things may change simply because the public education system here is horrendous.

Traffic is horrendous, but it is the same way in every major city.

It is expensive IF you live in the beach or Coral Gables or small parts of Miami in a huge house.

I bought a very nice house for a great deal in West Miami. Not huge by any means, but comfortable. Have a 2 car garage and nice back yard.

Does it rain alot-sure. 6 months out of the year is just stupid if he meant continuous. In the summer it showers quite a bit in the afternoon. Not EVERY

day, but maybe 3-4 times to 4-5 times a week. Usually lasts an hour or 2 then stops.

Paris/London/Manhattan as far as COSTS of living make Miami look broke. It is apples to grapefruit comparison. Not even close. If you try to keep up

with the big spenders in Miami you will go broke. I am not spending $25k-$30k for a table of 8 for a new years party. I don't care if god himself comes

down and blesses the party. It isn't worth it to me. If you try and keep up with the joneses you will go broke. Live within your means. Simple

I travel probably 2 full months out of the year if not more. I ALWAYS look forward to coming back home if that is any barometer for you. That includes

vacations. I would probably buy a second home somewhere else, but not sure if I could ever leave completely.

I won't get into the Miami vs whatever city in this thread, but I cannot live anywhere cold because that would make me miserable. NOTHING to me beats

going to the beach in January February and March where people up North are freezing like crazy and shoveling snow.

If this is what you were talking about, it WAS more expensive if you were trying to come down to Miami during the peak of the housing boom in 2006-2007. That is the time period that the thread was in. I also tend to agree that if you had the choice of raising your kids say in the Midwest vs. Miami because of affordability and schooling it is a no brainer. It all depends on what your outlook on priorities in life at the time.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/miami/14216...bout-miami.html

No it was a different thread, I remember he brought up something up that said "I call it MY-ami instead of Miami" because people were egotistical or something. Wish I could find it, else I would post it.

The crazy thing is you can throw bowling balls through this city in August and not hit anyone. Simply because it is hot. Dumb logic, but it stays the same every year.

I understand, still sucks though :lol2:

As you know bro, the first part of the trip is allready booked and payed for, now for the rest, what would you think would be a good place, the Shore Club or the Ganse? It needs to be close to Seati as you know :)

my ex works at dirty lol

Of course we will, one night won't be enough once I start to show you how to party like a rockstar but it will do for now, lol

Hey, I'm not the one bringing in the wife... Can you say WHIPPED! :eusa_dance:

lol. Setai is very nice too, but if he visits you at Fontainebleau during the day or at night he will be disappointed at where he is staying IMO. Particularly over a weekend.

Jirre-send me your confirmation number at Fontainebleau when you have a moment. Ill see if I can get you upgraded. Not promising anything, but Ill try.

Thanks

Jirre-send me your confirmation number at Fontainebleau when you have a moment. Ill see if I can get you upgraded. Not promising anything, but Ill try.

Thanks

Done! You rock Mike :turboalex:

It still amazes me hotels like the W or Delano and Setai wants 750-1000 a night for basic rooms :shock:

I'm surprised there are still rooms at the W? I've been down here once a month since November, and every time the W books full for the weekend, and I have to switch hotels. Granted, I book it like 4 days ahead of time :icon_mrgreen: