2013 SRT Viper - Main Thread

Kisco

While it's "new" the Viper isn't new anymore. People weren't expecting it the first time around, but now, people have high expectations. The specs on the car ARE impressive, and i think people will draw some interesting comparisons on the look from the front end. It will be a brute that some people will love, and others loathe. All opinions aside, the price is going to make or break this car. I haven't heard what it is yet, but that will be the key factor.

:iamwithstupid:

Exactly. It's a Viper. It's not going to deviate from the standard formula they've stuck to for over a decade.

Cost and HP are going to be the keys here, they need to both be superior to the ZR-1's current levels.

Like 650HP or more, and an MSRP of $110k or less.

If it can do that they'll give Dodge (or whatever-the-fcuk-they're-calling-themselves-now) the top bragging rights that these cars desperately need in order to appeal to their key buying demographic (old white men).

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly. It's a Viper. It's not going to deviate from the standard formula they've stuck to for over a decade.

Cost and HP are going to be the keys here, they need to both be superior to the ZR-1's current levels.

Like 650HP or more, and an MSRP of $110k or less.

If it can do that they'll give Dodge (or whatever-the-fcuk-they're-calling-themselves-now) the top bragging rights that these cars desperately need in order to appeal to their key buying demographic (old white men).

LOL at that last paragraph.

Thanks for the reply Destructo. Cant wait to see it. I too think it would be a mistake to make the car look exactly like the GTS as its too soon for a retro Viper. I hope its a classic design but somehow I doubt it.

I've noticed a lot more Juiceheads and younger kids puttering around in the vipers than old white men. Maybe they need an ad spot on the next Jersey Shore season and voila.

Thanks for the reply Destructo. Cant wait to see it. I too think it would be a mistake to make the car look exactly like the GTS as its too soon for a retro Viper. I hope its a classic design but somehow I doubt it.

Yeah, it will be something to see. I think in person it will be more imposing. I saw video from a photoshoot and the car looks good.

I've noticed a lot more Juiceheads and younger kids puttering around in the vipers than old white men. Maybe they need an ad spot on the next Jersey Shore season and voila.

Love the "old white men" line! I'm a Viper owner (09 GTS Blue with white stripes Vert) and get a kick out of the fanaticism regarding the Gen V. The Viper, to me, is simply a very sexy American supercar that is unique in styling and power. The Lambo's got my total attention since the Countach S-type debuted all those years ago (just like everyone else). Of all the supercars ever built, the Lambo lines/styling are at the top of my list. The Aventador is absolutely stunning (especially in the flat black finish). Being 6'4'', I doubt that I could even fit in one. I'm sure that's a question for another thread (I'll have to use the search function). :icon_mrgreen:

:eusa_think:

post-1090-1333461835_thumb.jpg

Are you saying that this is what the car looks like??? I see some elements from the teaser pics SRT released, like the indent in the roof, side mirrors etc but the rest just doesnt scream Viper at all. Does this picture look like the same car you saw in the video?

Are you saying that this is what the car looks like??? I see some elements from the teaser pics SRT released, like the indent in the roof, side mirrors etc but the rest just doesnt scream Viper at all. Does this picture look like the same car you saw in the video?

Thats a Koegnigseggssssegsgsgsssss

Thats a Koegnigseggssssegsgsgsssss

Im such a duffus. Thats right. Its the Agera if Im not mistaken. I knew it looked familiar. Man I feel stupid lol. I see what Destructo is getting at by posting the pic.

Im such a duffus. Thats right. Its the Agera if Im not mistaken. I knew it looked familiar. Man I feel stupid lol. I see what Destructo is getting at by posting the pic.

haha don't sweat it man.

I'm kinda hoping the new car has some distinct GTS lines. To this day I still think the GTS makes an SRT look like shit.

:monkeyleft:

blackgts.jpg

haha don't sweat it man.

I'm kinda hoping the new car has some distinct GTS lines. To this day I still think the GTS makes an SRT look like shit.

:monkeyleft:

blackgts.jpg

I completely agree. The GTS is essense of Viper. SRT's got away from the curves and outrageousness. Im hearing from what Destructo and guys on the Viper forums that saw the early reveal last year, that the new design is a homage to the GTS. Cant wait.

Not feeling it at all in the pics. Might look better in person...

Boring so far. But again, as I said in my post, it's never going to be some radical redesign.

They're following the POS playbook, which is to never deviate too far from what the base audience wants, which is to buy the same car over and over and over and over again apparantly. :icon_mrgreen:

Note to Destructo: Don't use "Page #" as your reference in thread updates, as the site can display more posts-per-page and people tweak it to customized views. Your "Page 5" is my Page 3...

Instead use the actual post number, which is always the same for everyone no matter what their settings are. I edited the thread title accordingly. :icon_thumleft: