2013 SRT Viper - Main Thread

Kisco

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm over 6'3" and fit just fine. The seat lowering kit makes it better, but I have no problem driving them for long distances totally stock. Not sure what you have been in.

GenIII and an ACR most recently. I am only an inch taller than you, but I definitely found getting in and out, as well as ducking my head somewhat to see out, to be a PIA. As a weekend car or a car that I wouldn't be getting in and out of much, it is a great car and I enjoyed them both a lot. That said, I don't think I would pick a Viper as my DD, even for a vacation which is what I thought Fortis was looking to do. With a seat lowering kit I believe it would be fine though.

I'm over 6'3" and fit just fine. The seat lowering kit makes it better, but I have no problem driving them for long distances totally stock. Not sure what you have been in.

GenIII and an ACR most recently. I am only an inch taller than you, but I definitely found getting in and out, as well as ducking my head somewhat to see out, to be a PIA. As a weekend car or a car that I wouldn't be getting in and out of much, it is a great car and I enjoyed them both a lot. That said, I don't think I would pick a Viper as my DD, even for a vacation which is what I thought Fortis was looking to do. With a seat lowering kit I believe it would be fine though.

The SRT Viper should more easily and comfortably accommodate taller drivers. I have two friends, both 6'4," who have owned Gen II Vipers. Both installed the seat lowering kit to make the driver's position livable.

The Gen 5 has 1.6 inches of height adjustment, and 3.5 inches of additional seat travel, compared with the outgoing model. I seem to also recall a technical bulletin stating that they had pushed the firewall about an inch forward. All this, in conjunction with the Sabelt shell seats, and a lower center console, threaten to make the interior of the Gen V far more comfortable for all, especially taller drivers.

• 3 weeks later...

Chrysler is promising that the new Viper will have close to 150,000 appearance combinations, not to mention numerous option packages. That's oodles more than before.

In terms of its styling alone, the Viper and Viper GTS are offered with eight wheel styles, eight exterior colors, two body stripe options available in four colors and five interior color combinations. White and yellow are back on the color palette, but you can also get iconic Viper colors like red and blue. One of the exterior colors, Stryker Red, was originally developed just for the show car, but Chrysler said reception of the color was so positive that it will be an optional hue on GTS models. Sign up this author for the Race Yellow Viper GTS with Black Venom stripes and the six-spoke Venom wheels in Hyper Black.

While the styling choices of the new Viper are in line with the previous generations, SRT definitely wanted to make sure to offer similar luxury elements to rival some of the car's supercar contemporaries. These include two available Harman Kardon surround sound audio systems, optional Nappa leather seats with Alcantara inserts, added performance from the $3,500 Track Package (two-piece brake rotors, lightweight Sidewinder II wheels, etc.) added technology from the $2,500 Grand Touring Package (navigation, satellite/HD radio, backup camera, cupholder) and optimal luxury from the $7,500 GTS Laguna Interior Package (wall-to-wall premium leather and Alcantara). For the ultimate Viper junky, the 2013 model will offer a limited run of just 150 with the $15,500 GTS Launch Edition Package.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/01/2013-sr...0-combinations/

The SRT Viper should more easily and comfortably accommodate taller drivers. I have two friends, both 6'4," who have owned Gen II Vipers. Both installed the seat lowering kit to make the driver's position livable.

The Gen 5 has 1.6 inches of height adjustment, and 3.5 inches of additional seat travel, compared with the outgoing model. I seem to also recall a technical bulletin stating that they had pushed the firewall about an inch forward. All this, in conjunction with the Sabelt shell seats, and a lower center console, threaten to make the interior of the Gen V far more comfortable for all, especially taller drivers.

I had heard that the 2013 was more conducive to taller drivers as well. I am 6'4'' and have no real problem in my 09 Viper. I never really needed the seat lowering kit either. It is a bit dicey at a traffic light though but you learn to live with it. The car is just so much fun to drive.

Chrysler is promising that the new Viper will have close to 150,000 appearance combinations, not to mention numerous option packages. That's oodles more than before.

In terms of its styling alone, the Viper and Viper GTS are offered with eight wheel styles, eight exterior colors, two body stripe options available in four colors and five interior color combinations. White and yellow are back on the color palette, but you can also get iconic Viper colors like red and blue. One of the exterior colors, Stryker Red, was originally developed just for the show car, but Chrysler said reception of the color was so positive that it will be an optional hue on GTS models. Sign up this author for the Race Yellow Viper GTS with Black Venom stripes and the six-spoke Venom wheels in Hyper Black.

While the styling choices of the new Viper are in line with the previous generations, SRT definitely wanted to make sure to offer similar luxury elements to rival some of the car's supercar contemporaries. These include two available Harman Kardon surround sound audio systems, optional Nappa leather seats with Alcantara inserts, added performance from the $3,500 Track Package (two-piece brake rotors, lightweight Sidewinder II wheels, etc.) added technology from the $2,500 Grand Touring Package (navigation, satellite/HD radio, backup camera, cupholder) and optimal luxury from the $7,500 GTS Laguna Interior Package (wall-to-wall premium leather and Alcantara). For the ultimate Viper junky, the 2013 model will offer a limited run of just 150 with the $15,500 GTS Launch Edition Package.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/01/2013-sr...0-combinations/

Man, that blue car looks so lame and boring. Doesn't look much different that the previous Vipers. Guess I can scratch that off my list of car I'd consider.

Man, that blue car looks so lame and boring. Doesn't look much different that the previous Vipers. Guess I can scratch that off my list of car I'd consider.

Like this car (or any Viper for that matter) was ever remotely an option for you, LOL.

Huh? I consider all cars at this cheap to be an option.

No doubt it's a fun car regardless of price, in my eyes it's like a fat girl when your drunk; fun in the dark but reality sets in the next morning under those diner lights your quickly looking for the exit sign.

• 1 month later...

Saw a Black one with Graphite stripes and Graphite colored wheels at the LA auto show and let me tell you, it looked AWESOME!!

Viper-1.png

• 5 months later...

So I was watching Jay Leno's garage on the new Viper and they said that Lamborghini used to be owned by Chrysler and at the time, Chrysler asked Lamborghini to develop an aluminum block for the V10 they had been using for racing to then use in the Viper. They say it is commonly thought that the Dodge Ram's V10 was used in the Viper, but while Chrysler was developing a V10 to use for the Ram, it was separate from the V10 they had already developed that they wanted Lamborghini to modify for the Viper. So the Viper's V10 has Lamborghini blood in it.