2013 SRT Viper - Main Thread

Kisco

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reserve final judgement until the car has been seen in person, or at least some good pics in the wild.

The Mulsanne's original spy photos took a huge beating on this board despite Brandi's reassurance, and now it's universally agreed that that car is the shit. :icon_thumleft:

Reserve final judgement until the car has been seen in person, or at least some good pics in the wild.

The Mulsanne's original spy photos took a huge beating on this board despite Brandi's reassurance, and now it's universally agreed that that car is the shit. :icon_thumleft:

Mulsanne, and it's idiotic headlights, is horrible. The CAR itself is great, but the look just abso.utely screams "old man".

Its tough because they cant alter the iconic Viper shape too much. But im reserving all my judgements for the real thing. I think the biggest differences will be in the small details, which are never present in artists renditions. At least not obviously present.

Hopefuls will be dissapointed with that exterior design. I hope there is more to it.

If we look at it realistically, the SRT-10 was a bit of a letdown compared to the GTS, which many feel is the pinnacle of Viper styling.

As long as this new one is more or less on the level of the SRT-10, it should be ok.

Will the car still carry the monster V-10?? I'm more worried that a different motor will hurt the Viper experience.

also very excited for the release of this new machine! should be an excelent car! dodge does well with the agressive styling nature of their vehicles, its to bad gm couldnt make a more agressive looking corvette! now ford needs to step into the super car market! gt just never really took off,

I'm gonna give you the benefit of a doubt that maybe your late in the world of Supercars but the last time I checked Ford did pretty damn good over the years with the Cobra, GT40 followed by the Ford GT. I still don't understand why they cut production, I would have kept it going!!!

As for the Corvette, you can't expect the best bang for the buck to look sexy. You kind of get what you paid for when you buy and drive GM, take it from me who's owned nothing but GM vehicles over the years, sure they could be better but thats the price your gonna pay when its cheaper than the competition. But if GM was serious about making the corvette on the level of a true exotic they should buy out Mosler and rebadge the damn thing as a Corvette and sell it at GM dealers.

Wonder what they will do for this car??

The newer ACR cars are incredible track cars and beat the snot out of everything around a track. The 08+ cars like the ACR, are 600hp, but have crappy interior quality just like the K0rvettes.

Maybe 650 hp with a MUCH revised/improved interior?

I also assume that chebby will be doing the same with the new model korvette. Will likely do it for less money too.

There is a rumor on the chebby having a TTV8 too

That would be a dangerous thing to put in a Viper is a V8. Thats just neutering the cars image of that massive V-10 engine but they need to get everything else under control, perhaps launch control? paddleshifters? making it more user friendly. IDK why the extreme price though. It sounds to much of a finanical gamble since most american made supercars drop in value over the years rapidly. Shit look at the ZR1, they are slowly becoming a bargan and remember the C6 Plastic mess-06 of 2007 that everyone was talking about was a huge bang for the buck at 78k? Now adays you can find em cheap for less than 50 if you look hard enough and in showroom condition since most folks that buy them are retired. Don't get me started on the Shelby GT500's...

More horsepower is not the answer but never a bad thing. In this case they need to refine the engineering on that car to make it right very much how the Nissan GTR did with its transmission system and it beats some cars with 600+hp with just 500. Thats a fast fcuking car for under 100 grand, SRT needs to build one even faster at 130k. The dash should remain as always but SRT should take a page from the aftermarket industry. My buddy's 97 coupe had a nice custom blue matching interior. Id like to see something simular be carried into this coming model's interior.

They also shouldn't be focused on an ACR model yet. GM's C7 hasn't brought out a Plastic mess-06 or ZR1 so whats the hurry? I think they should make the entry model an RT-10 to compete with the Corvette GS, the secondary a GTS model to compete with the Plastic mess-06 and then bring out an ACR version for like the ZR1's and such.

More horsepower is not the answer but never a bad thing. In this case they need to refine the engineering on that car to make it right very much how the Nissan GTR did with its transmission system and it beats some cars with 600+hp with just 500. Thats a fast fcuking car for under 100 grand, SRT needs to build one even faster at 130k. The dash should remain as always but SRT should take a page from the aftermarket industry. My buddy's 97 coupe had a nice custom blue matching interior. Id like to see something simular be carried into this coming model's interior.

Agree about interior.

Don't think the car needs to "keep up" with the GTR. People buy a Viper for the monster V10, huge tires, and the styling. The GTR couldn't be any different from a Viper, even if it tried. Changing the Viper DNA too much will kill the "Viperness". Not something you want to do.

Which is why I agree with you as well with the V10.

BTW, the GTR isn't inherently faster than other cars you mention, just launch better. A stock GTR is definitely no faster on a roll than either of the last two iterations of the SRT-10 Viper, especially the latter.

• 1 month later...
I was recently at South Motors BMW in Miami, and saw an Orange (Special Order Color) M3 with every possible option+all of the BMW Performance stuff-Carbon Mirrors, Carbon front splitter, Performance Exhaust. MSRSP was $93k and change.

If it was M3 GTS it is only going to rise it's value after it has left the showroom.

That looks great. Buuut I wonder if the silvery bits on the dash and grab handle are aluminum or aluminum colored plastic. Sure hope its aluminum. Hope the rest of the car looks as fantastic.

I saw it early last week and Viper fans should love it, but i doubt it will turn many converts to the SRT brand unless you were looking for it.

Did they "cure" the SUV-itis that all previous Vipers had from the Factory with those unsightly wheel gaps?

I gather by your post that it doesnt have the same impact that the GTS had when it debuted eh?

Did they "cure" the SUV-itis that all previous Vipers had from the Factory with those unsightly wheel gaps?

I gather by your post that it doesnt have the same impact that the GTS had when it debuted eh?

Is it striking? Certainly. The gap issues, at least in what i have seen has been resolved. While it's "new" the Viper isn't new anymore. People weren't expecting it the first time around, but now, people have high expectations. The specs on the car ARE impressive, and i think people will draw some interesting comparisons on the look from the front end. It will be a brute that some people will love, and others loathe. All opinions aside, the price is going to make or break this car. I haven't heard what it is yet, but that will be the key factor.