2013 SRT Viper - Main Thread

Kisco

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you saying that this is what the car looks like??? I see some elements from the teaser pics SRT released, like the indent in the roof, side mirrors etc but the rest just doesnt scream Viper at all. Does this picture look like the same car you saw in the video?

Come on guy; you of all people should know better. You are the professor of factual information.

You are forgiven

Come on guy; you of all people should know better. You are the professor of factual information.

You are forgiven

Lol. What's up A? Well you know I've fallen off big time from the game. So I'm not near as sharp as I used to be with the car game.

640 Horsepower, and 560 lb.-ft. of torque!

Track pack weight in at 3,297 lbs.

5.15 lbs/hp. (dry weight, it's 4.91 lbs/hp third to the Veyron, and the Ferrari F12)

Has launch and stability control (four stages) can be turned off. Also cruise control.

So only 640hp and about 3300lbs...So its gonna be about as fast as the ZR1....Way to leapfrog the competition lol. Its gonna be fast but I expected it to be more power than this. Why match the competitions "old" numbers? Whats the point in that. Tell me its a misprint and its really 740hp :icon_mrgreen:

So only 640hp and about 3300lbs...So its gonna be about as fast as the ZR1....Way to leapfrog the competition lol. Its gonna be fast but I expected it to be more power than this. Why match the competitions "old" numbers? Whats the point in that. Tell me its a misprint and its really 740hp :icon_mrgreen:

When has a viper ever really only put out the stated hp?

99 GTS.. only 450hp, yet for some reason they were putting +/- 415 to the tires lol

I'm guessing that car puts 600 to the ground. The ZR with the blower really does have the easier modified platform at this point so who knows.

Im pretty sure it is 600 torque now. It was 560. Either way pretty impressive IMO. LOVE that they brought back the clamshell hood! Dislike the wheels so some nice aftermarket wheels and adjusting the adjustable suspension lower and painting the rear section to matxh the body color and it will look pretty damn good

Im pretty sure it is 600 torque now. It was 560. Either way pretty impressive IMO. LOVE that they brought back the clamshell hood! Dislike the wheels so some nice aftermarket wheels and adjusting the adjustable suspension lower and painting the rear section to matxh the body color and it will look pretty damn good

Paging ADV.1, paging ADV.1!

When has a viper ever really only put out the stated hp?

99 GTS.. only 450hp, yet for some reason they were putting +/- 415 to the tires lol

I'm guessing that car puts 600 to the ground. The ZR with the blower really does have the easier modified platform at this point so who knows.

Lol. You are right. The GTS dyno range was 415-420hp yet rated at 450...Well lets hope they brought back that part of the GTS nostalgia with the underrating of the power....

On another note Im not at all fond of the front end. Way too much Ferrari/Masser Gran Turismo. Now instead of being distinctly Viper it will now look like another car from far coming at you. Love the overall shape though. How could you not like a modern GTS. And that interior. WOWW.

Holy sexiness!!!! And that interior is amazing! I'll take one in black please!!

I really hope that come out with a DCT transmission for it down the road.

Corvette has A LOT of work to do to match this with the C7.

Very nice. As mentioned earlier, a Black one would look great!

the 640/600 is a little dissapointing though. The car basically has the same performance specs as a ZR1, and the ZR1 is old news. Chevy may be cheering as we speak.

The interior looks nice....going to have to wait to see it in person.

Rear tires are 355!!!!!!! lol....

LC, CC, and suspension setting adjustments is a nice addition. I wish my 560 has suspension adjustments.

No mentioning of price??

Anyway, overall I think it is a very nice car and I am looking forward to picking one up when they are 70K.. :icon_mrgreen:

There is a private viper owners event tonight and I know a couple people who will be there so Im assuming I will hear something from them about pricing tonight. Im guessing those power numbers are underrated. 100lbs lighter and Launch control is going to be good too.