2013 SRT Viper - Main Thread

Kisco

Paging ADV.1, paging ADV.1!

The launch video said it will have 7 different wheel options standard, all forged and supposed to be extremely light.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ADV.1 already has a couple renderings out. Still doesnt look as good as a Gen II but it's much closer than the Gen III and IV were

Huge improvement. Price will be important.

And taking the brand/car to American LeMans is awesome.

I'm still laughing about the branding - "SRT" Viper. Why can't they just call it a Dodge? The 2013 SRT Dodge Viper Expresso Town & Ram Hemi!

What a dissapointment.

:iamwithstupid:

It looks somewhat Italian, which in this application is awful.

Visual cues remind me of some sort of 'American Alfa 8C' or F50, and not a good one at that...very effeminate and lacking the overly macho presence this car requires.

The stats are great, right where they needed to be, but I prefer the last one by a wide margin.

I hate when this happens; when companies have a blank sheet of paper and they don't blow our minds.

With that said, I'd buy a convertible. Also, I don't like the path Chrysler is heading down.

. Also, I don't like the path Chrysler is heading down.

How so? Quality and looks have increased 10 fold over all the previous generation Chrysler owned vehicles.

How so? Quality and looks have increased 10 fold over all the previous generation Chrysler owned vehicles.

Not that! Ram is now a brand, as is SRT. Fiat is dissecting Dodge in an effort to separate it's American past from it's European inspired present and future and it's not producing better cars.

This new Viper is too feminine as Mako stated and Ram now makes the worst trucks of the three big brands. I feel as if all Chrysler can do now is say, "Yes Master!"

I can't see myself buying one either, but I actually like the looks of the car quite a bit and it appears to be a large improvement over the appearance of the SRT-10. It's hard not to chuckle about them coming out now, 10 years later, with what appears to clearly be a modern evolution of the orginal GTS though, after screwing the pooch by turning over the '03 redesign to the guy who penned the Camry, with predictable results. This is what the '03 car should have looked like, basically, or something in this ballpark. But instead they squared off the curves and most of the styling cues that made the original design so attractive, and they've been slowly reincorporating GTS styling bits ever since (starting with the SRT Coupe in '06). Now the return is complete, as this car is pure GTS from the front fenders back. My only concern is whether the front end really goes with the rest of it. There seems to be too much going on within the opening in the front facia, and the front end as a whole is modern and fairly attractive (especially the headlights), but I'm not sure if it mates up well with the retro look from there back. Would like to see one in person though, especially the interior.

not bad...headlights kinda have the agera look and the rear lights kinda like the masi gran turismo..yet with the same old body. Kinda out of place looking.

The new viper is definitely an improvement. Bringing back the "GTS" look was a nice touch. I think this will be a nice addition to my lambo, but price point will be a huge factor in sales. Can't see the price going into the 6 digits, though. I miss my old viper...the V10 was a lot of fun with gobs of torque.

i like it!

its a gen 2 gts with fit and finish lol...what could be bad about that?

295's on the front, 355's on the back!

640hp was a little get down...i was hoping for 650-700...but they needed to leave themselves room to grow over the lifespan i suppose. (thats still bats hit power from a production car at this price point...and more power than 98% of even super car drives

Its a home run for me.

i like it!

its a gen 2 gts with fit and finish lol...what could be bad about that?

295's on the front, 355's on the back!

640hp was a little get down...i was hoping for 650-700...but they needed to leave themselves room to grow over the lifespan i suppose. (thats still bats hit power from a production car at this price point...and more power than 98% of even super car drives

Its a home run for me.

The amount of power at this price point (around 100k) is crazy! If it handles at all it will be an absolute terror to just about anything on the road today (factory stock). I am impressed! I just hope they hit the price point correct. I have a feeling it will float up a bit from what most are expecting.

Is Dodge somewhat interested in selling Vipers in Europe?

I'm not a fan of downsizing but an 8.4 litre engine is ridiculous in this day and age. Vipers aren't supercars, don't have the reputation of being well built (US car) so I can't see anyone buying it unless they want to be special.

And the way it will be priced here, it's probably better to get a Porsche GT3 or anything else you can get for 120-140k euros.

Fully trimmed out in GTS level it will cost $137k from what I read on VC. The base SRT Viper will be $95k. Fully optioned out it hits that $137k mark. Not sure if the interior leather is standard or only the higher end GTS package.

Soup. Vipers arent supercars??? What more does it have to do to be a supercar? Maybe you meant exotic. If so thats an argument for another day lol.

Just_Haynes you might be right. Take a look at the hp/wt ratio here.

Frame11.jpg