2013 SRT Viper - Main Thread

Kisco

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like it from the back and 3/4 rear shots in those.

The front is too tame, and the side is of course pure clown-shoe as it's always been.

Still looking forward to seeing the times it puts down and praying that the $55k 662hp Shelby-whatever-Shitstang all the blogs are writing about today won't eat its lunch for half the price.... :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...
I like it from the back and 3/4 rear shots in those.

The front is too tame, and the side is of course pure clown-shoe as it's always been.

Still looking forward to seeing the times it puts down and praying that the $55k 662hp Shelby-whatever-Shitstang all the blogs are writing about today won't eat its lunch for half the price.... :lol2:

The last time i checked a mustang with 550hp couldn't out drag or out track a C6 with 430hp.

I'd bet this viper with 640hp will have a better 0-60 and a better 1/4 than shelby's forthcoming Mustang GT1000...and around a track its not even the same sport.

Exceedingly few cars are gonna be able to match this viper (at any price point)...the last ACR out paced just about everything at the ring (7:12.13) Zonda F's, GT2RS, ZR1, Enzo, MC12, GTR, 599, LFA NR...all off the pace. it took a well set up Gumpert Apollo to beat it by 1 second...after that its just dedicated track cars. The regular versions are gonna be beasts...the ACR whenever it shows up will be ungodly.

p.s. everyones got an opinion...but IMO it looks great.

The last time i checked a mustang with 550hp couldn't out drag or out track a C6 with 430hp.

I'd bet this viper with 640hp will have a better 0-60 and a better 1/4 than shelby's forthcoming Mustang GT1000...and around a track its not even the same sport.

Exceedingly few cars are gonna be able to match this viper (at any price point)...the last ACR out paced just about everything at the ring (7:12.13) Zonda F's, GT2RS, ZR1, Enzo, MC12, GTR, 599, LFA NR...all off the pace. it took a well set up Gumpert Apollo to beat it by 1 second...after that its just dedicated track cars. The regular versions are gonna be beasts...the ACR whenever it shows up will be ungodly.

Agree with most of what you say (and I'm the last Mustang lover you'll find) but 550 hp and 1000 hp are not to be sneezed at with regards to power/weight ratio.

Viper might put up better 0-60 and 1/4 mile times than a GT1000, but that's only because the GT1000 would have too much wheelspin.

Agree with most of what you say (and I'm the last Mustang lover you'll find) but 550 hp and 1000 hp are not to be sneezed at with regards to power/weight ratio.

Viper might put up better 0-60 and 1/4 mile times than a GT1000, but that's only because the GT1000 would have too much wheelspin.

These pissing contests get really old. When an IRS mustang beats the IRS Viper record (in auto or manual) get back to us. The Auto is deep 7's by the way.

These pissing contests get really old. When an IRS mustang beats the IRS Viper record (in auto or manual) get back to us. The Auto is deep 7's by the way.

I really have no dog in the fight, but think it's silly to diminish a car because it cannot beat another in a sanctioned drag race.

Are we to seriously believe that a 640 hp Viper is supposed to be faster roll on 60-150 than a 1000 hp anything??

Same with the stock GTRs....they are amazing with their launch control and AWD, but are they even quicker than a Plastic mess-06 in real world driving?

BTW, am I reading that right.....a Viper modified to have an automatic? LOL.

And 7 second Vipers......we were talking about stock, right?? :icon_mrgreen:

For the record....I PREFER VIPERS over Stangs.

"It ain't what ya got...it's what ya can drop!!!"

Last time I checked the mustang has 4 seats and a much better interior. You should check out the new GT500 as it now has 662 horsepower and does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-f...500-test-review

You need to give credit where credit is due, the mustang has come a LONG way in the last 5 years.

My stock 08 viper dyno'd 560whp (rated at 600hp at the flywheel) and also ran 10's on street tires. I'm hoping with the 640hp rating, it will dyno close to 600whp. Hope I can get one early next year, and drive it just as hard as my old 08!

• 4 weeks later...

Been seeing a few around here (Blue one and a Black one) and I will say this is a great looking car with a lot of presence on the road, just like any other Viper IMO.

I am looking forward to driving one.

Shitstang GT500 dynoed at 595hp to the wheels...

Who would have thought that Ford would have produced the most powerful mass production V8 engine ever produced from any auto manufacturer in a Mustang. 662hp at the crank

I think the Rustang would actually be a fun used car buy at $45,000 and the Viper at maybe $65k depending on the performance

Who would have thought that Ford would have produced the most powerful mass production V8 engine ever produced from any auto manufacturer in a Mustang. 662hp at the crank

Ford uses DOHC motors (as opposed to OHV in GM/SRT), nice size displacement, and a supercharger....

Not surprising at all.

Ford uses DOHC motors (as opposed to OHV in GM/SRT), nice size displacement, and a supercharger....

Not surprising at all.

The most powerful production V8 in the History of automobiles coming in a mustang instead of a Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Aston Martin, Bentley, Mercedes, etc-is incredibly surprising to me

The most powerful production V8 coming in a mustang instead of a Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Aston Martin, Bentley, Mercedes, etc-is incredibly surprising to me

You said mass production V8....and in that case, it's most likely gonna come from the US.

But even for production cars in general, V8 is typically territory of US muscle cars regardless of displacement....the euros go V10/V12 past a certain displacement.

Right now of all the cars you listed, only AMG & M strike me as making european "muscle".

But truth be told two things:

a) When you use forced induction, all bets are off

B) This day and age, the playing field is level.

The Shelby GT1000 is gonna come out soon with 950 hp or so....for what it's worth.

I personally love the look of the new Viper and how it takes a lot of design queues from the classic GTS, yet refines those elements into a very modern look.

I need to work a little harder!