Roman's Ghost story

Roman

OK... So my aunt died last month.... Im in the process of cleaning out her house to put it on the market.

One of the big obstacles in that process has been her Grand Piano.

Its a very nice, 1923 Baldwin Grand. It belonged to my Great Aunt. When she died, her brother (my grandfather) got it. When he died his daughter (my aunt) got it. When she died it became mine.

Problem 1: I dont play piano.

Problem 2: I dont have anyplace to put a grand Piano.

Problem 3: Its on the second floor of her house and I have to get it out of there before I can sell the house. (Pianos are fcuking HEAVY and HARD TO fcuking MOVE).

I put an ad in Craigslist and got a buyer. He is a professional Piano Repairman, and REALLY wanted it, but took $400 off his offer when he saw it was on the second floor of the house. If igured it would be cared for by him, and that was the best idea.

He just had one other guy to help him move it.... Which pretty much meant I had to throw in a hand (No way those two little dudes could have got it out of there without my help).

We get it down stairs and on a dolly and start to push it out.

Outside my aunts house she has a plaque hanging on a pillar that holds up the patio roof, with a picture of a cat with the caption "Strays Welcome". That plaque has hung there for YEARS....

The minute we pushed the piano over the threshhold of the door, this plaque, that is like 15 feet away from the three of us, FLYS OFF THE MOTHERFUCKING PILLAR, Travels about 4 feet forward, then, without ever losing altitude, makes a 90 degree TURN IN MID AIR, GAINS ALTITUDE as if it was THROWN by somebody, and lands FIVE FEET BEHIND the pillar it was hanging from (it was only hanging about five feet off the ground, but it ARCHED through the air as if it were tossed underhand). It was raining at the time, but there was no wind or anything like that.... And it landed FEET away from where it was hanging, in the OPPOSITE Direction it originally fell.

I immediately say "What in the fcuk was that?" And the mover guy says "Dude.... Did you see that?"

The other one asks what happened and the first guy describes what I saw... This thing FLEW off the wall and TURNED in mid flight... The other guy matter of factly says "Somebody doesnt want you selling their piano."

Which is EXACTLY what I thought.

I have ZERO rational explanation for what I saw....

Haunted_Cat_Plaque.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

was your aunt attached to the piano in any way?

my first thought was the weight of the piano affected it somehow. Assuming its a wooden porch and wooden pillar. The weight of the piano bends the flooring enough to apply pressure to the pillar which causes a wood knot to pop out knocking the sign off the pillar.

then a guest of wind sends it back in the other direction.

but all that seems unlikely,

but instead of "Somebody doesnt want you selling their piano" I will go with "Somebody doesnt want strays coming to the house thinking they are welcome anymore."

was your aunt attached to the piano in any way?

Thats the weird thing.... She had thought about selling it herself a couple of times.... But she could "never go through with it." Its not like she sat up there and played it.... I dont know if she EVER played it.... But she ket it because it was her dads.

my first thought was the weight of the piano affected it somehow. Assuming its a wooden porch and wooden pillar.

Concrete my friend.

So it wasn't just Piano guy #1 who saw it, you both did?

Crazy stuff.

Any other similar stories or 'history' associated with the house?

wow. it could be that a part her is still hanging around the house. when my granddad died, the grandfather clock in his house stopped working at the exact moment of his passing.

I'm going to shit myself if Wheels buys RD's haunted piano.

Noooo...I just meant out of curiousity was he still selling it after that ordeal.

Crazy. We have a program about "ghosts/spirits" on a big TV channel here. I believe it and I REALLY wanna see it myself some time! That must be pretty cool to see in person, especially if someone else saw the exact same thing at the time as you know it's not your mind playing games with you.

That's a very interesting story...are you still selling the piano?

It is GONE... I got that thing down those fcuking stairs and ghost or no ghost, I wasnt dealing with it after that.

What's the plaque made of?

Pic?

Glazed ceramic.... Which SHOULD have shattered into about a thousand pieces when it slammed into the concrete like it did.... From what I could see, not a crack, chip, or scratch.

So it wasn't just Piano guy #1 who saw it, you both did?

Crazy stuff.

Any other similar stories or 'history' associated with the house?

No. The house is a boring 1970s patio home in an HOA.

The PIANO on the other hand.....

You guys have to understand... Im a MAGICIAN... I generally KNOW how HOKUM is PRODUCED. Theres very little that can make me say "Thats fcuking impossible". Im agnostic at best on this stuff, and a skeptic at heart.

But there is NO fcuking PHYSICAL EXPLANATION FOR THE FLIGHT PATH OF THAT fcuking PLAQUE.... OK... Its fcuking raining... Raining HARD even... Hard enough to knock a plaque off a wall where its hung for a decade or more? Maybe.... But then gravity should take over and it should fall more or less STRAIGHT DOWN at 9.8 meters per second squared. Not this fcuking thing.... It takes off like its headed for the street... And then turns the fcuk around like it forgot its fcuking keys....

Glazed ceramic.... Which SHOULD have shattered into about a thousand pieces when it slammed into the concrete like it did.... From what I could see, not a crack, chip, or scratch.

How was it fixed to the concrete pillar?

woa. the fact that you saw that makes the story even more compelling knowing that you're a no BS kind of guy.

It's likely that if it wasn't your aunt, it was one of your other family members who's spirit was/is attached to that piano in some way shape or form. From my understanding of these things, the spirit could still be with the piano or the house after the piano has left - thats as far as my understanding goes though.

Odd question...did it get colder when that happened, or is that room usually cold?

We were outside.

How was it fixed to the concrete pillar?

Wooden pillar- Concrete slab patio. Hanging from a nail in the pillar.

We didnt cause it to fall.