Any Dynos of TT SVs?

D.Wiggs

Dude.. Ill be drooling all over the place from laughing soo hard.. You do realise... that if these claims you are making dont come true.. you go down in Lp history as SWILL #2!

So all we need from your car:

#1.. Most go faster than 250mph in the standing mile

#2.. Must go under 3 seconds in the 60-130 run ( might need to be faster than that because I believe UGR said they will themselves go under 3 seconds and you need to beat that)

#3.. Go faster than 9 low 9s.. Im assuming you plan to be in the 8's

And last but not least.. Your car must hold together during all the testing and tuning, the runs needed to get to 250mph in the mile.. the numerous attempts at 60-130 and 1/4 mile runs without breaking... :lol2: :drunk: :lol2: :lol2: :drunk: :lol2: :drunk: :lol2:

all this while retaining the original lambo V12 block and transmission...

I'd only be Swil #2 if I didn't own an SV! ROFLMAO!

#1 Check

#2 Never set a time goal for that as I've never even tried it stock, but if you say 3 seconds, OK.

#3 Check.

Not worried about reliability, so Check! :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd only be Swil #2 if I didn't own an SV! ROFLMAO!

#1 Check

#2 Never set a time goal for that as I've never even tried it stock, but if you say 3 seconds, OK.

#3 Check.

Not worried about reliability, so Check! :icon_thumleft:

Perfect! D Swiggins it is!!!

60 to 130 in under 3 seconds is pretty doubtful without awd IMO. I will definitely be interested to see how this all unfolds. Its a cool project regardless.

Dave, I love your enthusiasm but it will take some time for that car to get into the mid 9's. And I would wager it won't ever do an 8 on the 505 tires. 1fast has a viper which can do it on a good drag radial, but that is with an auto and starting with a car that is a vastly better drag platform.

8's in an IRS street car on radials is no easy task, and not something that throwing money at makes vastly easier.

60 to 130 in under 3 seconds is pretty doubtful without awd IMO. I will definitely be interested to see how this all unfolds. Its a cool project regardless.

Ya, I am very curious on the 60-130 myself. :icon_thumleft:

Dave, I love your enthusiasm but it will take some time for that car to get into the mid 9's. And I would wager it won't ever do an 8 on the 505 tires. 1fast has a viper which can do it on a good drag radial, but that is with an auto and starting with a car that is a vastly better drag platform.

8's in an IRS street car on radials is no easy task, and not something that throwing money at makes vastly easier.

Actually, I can do it on 20" street tires ;).

Hell, I drove to the track, went 5.80's (1/8th) and that was just on 17lbs of boost. Was 3850lb's that day. The white car is getting Motec right now, so I plan on running 8.90's on an invo, with the top down :). For proof:

I had a 1.43 60' time on the invo.

No apology necessary. Unfortunately, no, I've never gone low 9s. My cousin.......................

Ok, now Im sure of it, we're getting trolled here.

Actually, I can do it on 20" street tires ;) .

Hell, I drove to the track, went 5.80's (1/8th) and that was just on 17lbs of boost. Was 3850lb's that day. The white car is getting Motec right now, so I plan on running 8.90's on an invo, with the top down :) . For proof:

I had a 1.43 60' time on the invo.

:icon_thumleft:

I'm new to this board, so I apologize for my ignorance. Have you ever been low 9's in anything? I'm assuming since you are doing the mile you will be adding a cage of some sort? If low 9's were easy and just a by product of power, everyone would run them. Plenty of cars with power too, but never that easy.

It really isnt that hard to go low 9s at all. Yes you need the right combo and its more than just power, but its not hard at all to do. Money is the limiting factor why everyone isnt doing it.

It really isnt that hard to go low 9s at all. Yes you need the right combo and its more than just power, but its not hard at all to do. Money is the limiting factor why everyone isnt doing it.

How many video's of 9 second super cars are out there? Take that number and compare to number of builds and it is obviously harder than one thinks. Throw out vipers as they are the most drag racing friendly platform.

How many video's of 9 second super cars are out there? Take that number and compare to number of builds and it is obviously harder than one thinks. Throw out vipers as they are the most drag racing friendly platform.

Oh I was talking cars in general, not just exotics. Thats what I thought you were talking about.

The NON-high end division of the shop building Stig has the world's fastest IRS Corvette running 7.89@180+. Its a good thing Corvettes are AWD or it'd never hook! LOL!!!

Excuse my ignorance, but being able to plant a 2WD vehicle from 60mph with a substantial amount of power requires a lot more than R&D that has never been done. If it were as simple as you're making it, it would have been practiced and done a lot sooner I have a very difficult time getting my 600+RWHP GTO to hook on the street at 60 MPH. Just an input from an outsider with at least 700WHP less than your goals. This was also on a NT05R drag radial.

Slowbalt, not to say he is/is not going to hit his marks but you're in totally different timezones here. GTO's aren't known for their handling or suspension to begin with, and your motor is in front. Completely different dynamics here for the example to hold any water.

Slowbalt, not to say he is/is not going to hit his marks but you're in totally different timezones here. GTO's aren't known for their handling or suspension to begin with, and your motor is in front. Completely different dynamics here for the example to hold any water.

You're right PCow, should have thought about the mid engine configuration and took it into thought before typing. I'll go back to lurking haha :(

No no, not meant that way. Just pointing out that even in 2wd drive, the bias/weight does work more so in L cars favor.

Guest Dereiter

You are right. Viper is a great vehicle for drag racing. However among Rwd cars.

Except that the suspension geometry is likely designed for 4wd. If I remember correctly, Reiter Engineering R-SV's have completely different pick up points. The beauty (and maybe only con) for the UGR cars is that no one has used drag radials yet. It's probably easy 8's if they could hook up and not break anything. A corvette drag racer and a Murcielago drag car are totally different stories. Cool, that Corvette runs 7.89, John Shepherd DSM/Talon has run 7.7 at 191 mph. E Kanoo's Supra is even quicker and faster. RWD for drag racing, sure, that's perfect. Run super wide stick tires, hooks up on launch. That's drag racing, totally different from highway runs. I still think you'll spin for days from a slow roll. But I'd really love it if you proved me wrong.

I love when Allan gets in to a riff with a member. Glad to see this is all in good fun though. In for the results and the eventual gold starring of this thread.

Good Luck Dave and keep throwing pics/details our way.

PS. This is nothing like Swil. He said bought a car he never did and listed all the mods he never made. Dave has the car AND the money to make the mods. If he fails in completing his goals it isn't from lack of trying.