Is this one worht buying?

rovingtravler

Hi all,

What are your thoughts about this one. It was for sale on ebay last week.

I understand it is a garage queen and would need some work. I willing to put about 15K into it. Would that be enough?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...=item3f137a897f

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

What are your thoughts about this one. It was for sale on ebay last week.

I understand it is a garage queen and would need some work. I willing to put about 15K into it. Would that be enough?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...=item3f137a897f

Such a hot color combo. Offer $100..then the 15k you need to put into it is already budgeted into what you were going to spend ;)

I see the wiper blade is painted, it has the gas tank filler extensions, front clear turn signal covers looked fogged up, what else? What's been changed ? The tires are old, so factor in $1500 for the rear tires. It was for sale a year or so ago, probably same guy.

I can get the white one for much less than 100K less than 80K! I am think that even if it needs 20K into it I will still have a pretty good deal for the car.

The blue is super Hot... the "S" designation on the back is bullshit. Factory didn't do that, but it needs the euro rear put

on it anyway. I remember it having a 25grand price premium when it was for sale 15years ago. Now the price premium over other FI cars is 100grand? I hope he gets it but i think that is a little steep.

I can get the white one for much less than 100K less than 80K! I am think that even if it needs 20K into it I will still have a pretty good deal for the car.

really?

If that were the case, the seller should have sold it on the auction since the bidding went well over $80K.

Says he has replace all 12 shocks, I want to know when the Countach started using 12 shocks????????

Chadbourn Bolles

$215k :lol2:

I wonder if that car has been hit.. Notice the covers over the turn signals look at the bezel, notice how it is not flush. It should be flush.

Chadbourn Bolles

I see the wiper blade is painted, it has the gas tank filler extensions, front clear turn signal covers looked fogged up, what else? What's been changed ? The tires are old, so factor in $1500 for the rear tires. It was for sale a year or so ago, probably same guy.

That is one of my worries is why did he not sell it to the high bidder at 88K now offering it at a lowere price.

Also What has been changed for no good reason. I am not real up on the 25th models.

Thanks for any info.

The blue looks nice, but out of my price range.

TopCarbon,

Are you still looking into bidding on it? If so Let talk off line. I am not into running up the price for another Lambo member.

That blue car is crazy hot!!! Makes me think my red one is boring :confused: I was tryng to buy that car last year, but he wanted more than I was willing to spend. I really think the car is real. The guy has a couple of Countach's

The Blue car belongs to Keir about 30min from me. He is a multi Lambo owner

The car was at the 40th Reunion in NY last May. The car was real nice.

Apparently it is a "S" from factory. Motor and suspension tweaked with factory paperwork to back up. See auction description.

Spoke to him yesterday. Real nice guy.

if you can get this car at less than 80K or around, I would give it serious considerations. CT below 100K that dont need a ton of work are close to inexistant now

The blue is super Hot... the "S" designation on the back is bullshit. Factory didn't do that, but it needs the euro rear put

on it anyway. I remember it having a 25grand price premium when it was for sale 15years ago. Now the price premium over other FI cars is 100grand? I hope he gets it but i think that is a little steep.

Ken,

I am struggling for how much I would pay for that car. I concluded that for $215K I would not get an injected, even if the last one and perfect. That car is a sort of milestone but not that kind of milestone. For this price better buy a 400Sx or one of the top DD on the market.

It will take a special buyer who is set on the later QV look and is not daunted by the injection engine (at this price one can be demanding).

This car has no special history. If I were to spend my own money, having see the car (very nice) I would go a the mid-DD price, that is $150K.

May be I just fail to appreciate that car.

Ken,

I am struggling for how much I would pay for that car. I concluded that for $215K I would not get an injected, even if the last one and perfect. That car is a sort of milestone but not that kind of milestone. For this price better buy a 400Sx or one of the top DD on the market.

It will take a special buyer who is set on the later QV look and is not daunted by the injection engine (at this price one can be demanding).

This car has no special history. If I were to spend my own money, having see the car (very nice) I would go a the mid-DD price, that is $150K.

May be I just fail to appreciate that car.

The seller needs some provence to support the special features, if he wants more than a nice QV will command.

Am I correct in saying that it would not be that unusual for Lamborghini to tweak a car for or at a cutomer's request?

If not, I would not be surprised if they did for the sake of it being the last car.

He does have 2 of 3 really good offers....overseas of course.

Am I correct in saying that it would not be that unusual for Lamborghini to tweak a car for or at a cutomer's request?

If not, I would not be surprised if they did for the sake of it being the last car.

He does have 2 of 3 really good offers....overseas of course.

It's within the realms of possibilities. That said, there is a Jalpa running around with SV on the back. Several other Jalpas claim to be the Rocky car. They all bought the cars that way, previous owner said it came that way. Must be true. Well if it was my 1/4 million I would want a little more than a ebay add that has a disclaimer at the bottom.