My LP670-4 SV ... manual

LamboNutter

Hey Guys (and Gals),

After a lot of background checking (on several forums, fellow SV owners, and supercar-owning friends) on the number of SVs made (range of 175-250 is what I got), and from that btw 5-8 of those were manuals.

As you might have noticed from my few posts, I am a bit of a manual-loving-freak (and hate all the traction control, ESP, etc... ; only help i will leave on is ABS, when u gotta stop u gotta stop!). I find automated manuals, SMG, DSG, etc.. made for grannys and it makes the whole driving experience too easy, and although some might say it allows u to stay safe and focus on steering, braking and accelerating ... well yes, but I wanna enjoy the car, and im not looking to set any lap records. Race cars looking to win races, yes, flappy paddles is the way to go, but then u would not take a road car to do that job.

Anyways, back on topic, I finally found a manual SV, and to cut a 9 mth story short, finally made a deal.

I drove the white Aventador you see in the background in the pics.

My first issue was: It just did not make that insane, metallic, angry, v12 lambo scream, past 4.5k rpm, like the lp640 and especially the lp670!

My second issue was: You do not sit in the nose of the car, with the feeling that you have a rocketstrapped to your back (which i love in the 640 and SV). The driving of the SV is so much purer, so much more difficult, it is simply the one my heart NEEDED to have!

My third issue was: Ofcourse, the Aventador is not available in manual !

Then add to that the exclusivity of the SV, plus the manual, plus it is in the perfect colour for me ( i love red, and this SV looks perfect to me), and it has the massive wing which an SV should.

I do not care that the Aventador is quicker... my Lingenfelter stage3 (and then some) ZR1 takes care of that, if needed!

She is number 90.

Just to add a little data, for those other guys who have the car-lover's 'curse': I am a muscular 6ft7in (2m01), long legs, and as long as I pretty much lie down, get my knees up; there is no issue at all driving her comfortably and all controls 'safely' unhindered.

Here she is:

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

here is nice side shot to compare the rear with that of the Aventador

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

Here is that awesome Lambo manual shifter: :D

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

And here she is finally parked up at home.

IMG_1626.JPG

Due to the snow, and the cold, which has led to way too much salt being sprayed all over the roads here in Switzerland; I have not driven her since the day i picked her up (yes that day was preceded by warmer weather, lots of rain, and then several dry warmer days, so no salt was to be found anywhere!) !!! I HATE WINTER !!

I can not wait to get to know her properly !!! Its been more than 2mths that she has been undriven (yes, on a battery charger).

Hope you like the pics. :)

IMG_1594.JPG

Glad you found the 6 speed car..was nice talking to you durning your search...you will ove the SV car..NOW as far as snow..I have snow tires on mine..so get them and go drive it!! LOL

Congrats on the pick up of a rare beauty. Roy Cats has one he's put 20000 miles on.

tks! very proud and happy!

Glad you found the 6 speed car..was nice talking to you durning your search...you will ove the SV car..NOW as far as snow..I have snow tires on mine..so get them and go drive it!! LOL

Roy, a big thank you, for answering so many of my questions! very much appreciated!

Not usually a fan of red on lambos but that looks HOT! I think that would make you the second manual SV owner here.

Tk u , its Rosso Vik. You can see how it changes colour depending on the angle u look at it, and the lighting on it. I have not actually seen her in sunshine .. yet !

I agree, red for me is a Ferrari colour, and although im not a ferrari fan (except for the F50), I think its a colour that should stay with that Italian manufacturer. I love red (my POS is 'also' red), so finding this bordeaux-ish colour on an SV in manual, was a dream come true! I couldnt let it pass.

tks! very proud and happy!

Roy, a big thank you, for answering so many of my questions! very much appreciated!

Tk u , its Rosso Vik. You can see how it changes colour depending on the angle u look at it, and the lighting on it. I have not actually seen her in sunshine .. yet !

I agree, red for me is a Ferrari colour, and although im not a ferrari fan (except for the F50), I think its a colour that should stay with that Italian manufacturer. I love red (my POS is 'also' red), so finding this bordeaux-ish colour on an SV in manual, was a dream come true! I couldnt let it pass.

Awesome car....I saw my first Aventador last week and was really unimpressed. It was surprising how small inside it was. The center stack is really intrusive. My Gallardo felt like it had more interior room. I just don't think the design flows, it seems more like generic supercar styling features cobbled together rather a single homogeneous design.

Guest Dereiter

Congratulations you on SV! The red color is looking aggressive and refined. Moreover manual shifting is for real racers :) Enjoy it and have a safe driving!

Spectacular looking car. I remember seeing pictures of it a year or two ago. Congratulations on finding it. Enjoy it in good health.

Congratulations on getting a Lambo the way it should be (manual). I love the sound of my gated shifter. What's one more guy telling you that's a sick car! :)

I have seen Rosso Vik in person. Pictures do not capture this color at all.

Congrats on the car, enjoy in good health!

Love the SV... :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

Congrats LN! Out of curiosity, what was the mileage on the car when you bought her?

Big 6 speed fan as well. Front plate looks very nice and well mounted.