Getting Front LP 560 Front Bumper Installed

Lamby123

As folk are interested here are the things that we focused on to get the finish we wanted:

1. Obtaining the correct gap between bumper and bonnet, plus ensuring the bumper line was straight and aligned to the bonnet. This took the longest time.

2. Worked around the side indicator cut outs to make sure fit was perfect.

3. The bottom sides of the bumper have a crease line - so we made that a sharper line and more defined. Also made the rounded edges where applicable were correct.

4. We reshaped all the corners of where the 2 front grilles fit so the bumper corners matched the grille corners, All small stuff this, but it makes a difference to the finished product.

5. Carefully matched and blended the bumper colour to the door colour as the wings have clear bra on them, as does the bonnet.

6. It eventually received 5 costs of primer with rubbing down in between as this is the stage where the blemishes are seen. Final paint and we were done...

I've been itching to do this for years, but was also concerned with the amount of work required to get it to fit.

I've been itching to do this for years, but was also concerned with the amount of work required to get it to fit.

Just get a really good body shop, and you will be fine. Dramatically changes the whole front end of the car, from somewhat bland in comparison to all the carbon etc, at the rear of a SL.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, sorry, I don't get on here much at the moment.

Yes I did install mine myself and it only took a day. It came pre-finished from RSC (I was one of the first 15 and they did that for me, and did a great job in the colour matching)

I am not in the motor trade and have about 3 feet around the car when its in the garage, I found it simple to do, it did require a little packing on the front leading edge to get the top of the bumper and bonnet/hood line correct but then so did the OEM one fitted to it.

IMG_8192.jpg

500D_0790PSC.jpg

500D_0793PS.jpg

Wow, long time no posts. How are you doing?

Too much to do, not enough hours in the day. Still busy trying to earn enough to drive the car.

I am fine and keeping my head above water - so far.

I will try to look in more often.

Guest StuartRSC

Yes I did install mine myself and it only took a day. It came pre-finished from RSC (I was one of the first 15 and they did that for me, and did a great job in the colour matching)

I am not in the motor trade and have about 3 feet around the car when its in the garage, I found it simple to do, it did require a little packing on the front leading edge to get the top of the bumper and bonnet/hood line correct but then so did the OEM one fitted to it.

Caelum... you are my hero BTW.... Whenever people tell me they are concerned about fitment I show them pictures of your car and tell them you did it yourself in your garage!!!

I'm buying you a pint next time I'm back in England's pastures green!

Guest StuartRSC
Here is another pic

Jim, your shop did a fantastic job. I forget what they ended up charging for your install? Andy ordered some more parts for another customer, including a bumper, hoping to ship it next week.

Caelum... you are my hero BTW.... Whenever people tell me they are concerned about fitment I show them pictures of your car and tell them you did it yourself in your garage!!!

I'm buying you a pint next time I'm back in England's pastures green!

I don't drink, but if you have a nice Titanium sports exhaust with a real deep growl in your suitcase, I would be happy to give it a home. :icon_thumleft: My Tubi is nice, but you can always get it deeper.

Will

What and where exactly did you pack on the leading edge of the bumper?

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

RSC bumpers never seem to disappoint! Looks great Will

I recently learned that you can always buy the original Lamborghini LP570-4 bumper cover (About $2,900.00) which fits on the fenders and headlights but would have a large gap on the lower portion of the hood which can be filled out with the same peace cut off the old (04-08) bumper.

I recently saw it done on a car at a local meet, not only looked really good but being an stock bumper it was flexible.

Guest StuartRSC
I recently learned that you can always buy the original Lamborghini LP570-4 bumper cover (About $2,900.00) which fits on the fenders and headlights but would have a large gap on the lower portion of the hood which can be filled out with the same peace cut off the old (04-08) bumper.

I recently saw it done on a car at a local meet, not only looked really good but being an stock bumper it was flexible.

I saw the car you're talking about. It did look like a good installation. I'm not sure how long it is going to last like that though....

$2900 is also just for the bumper cover, it doesn't include the grills or carbon center splitter. All in you're looking at closer to $5K + a good few thousand for install.

And an example of one that's not very good (sorry Miguel!). The hood needs adjustment, as to the shims and probably the center support piece to get the gap tighter. I actually went and took a look at this car and the side mounting points were cranked up so tight without enough shimming that the bumper was actually contacting the light and the quarter panel right at the corner. You could see where the paint was coming off. In this case, the fitter appeared to have thrown it on and cinched the sides up super-tight, where they actually needed more spacing and tighter adjustment in the center.

BADBUMPER.jpg

Yup, that gap on the ADV car drives me fcuking insane every time I see it. I'm like fix that fcuking thing already!...Sheesh! :lol2:

Jim, your shop did a fantastic job. I forget what they ended up charging for your install? Andy ordered some more parts for another customer, including a bumper, hoping to ship it next week.

Hi Stuart, He charged me a $1000 dollars, worth every penny. Love my front bumper, just totally changes the look of the car.

I have installed a few of the RSC bumpers and I have to say I have never had an issue with fitment. Obviously some shims and a little extra work was involved but the end result was damn near perfect. Great job from the guys at RSC !!!

401391_292218424172287_184557714938359_8

401393_292217947505668_184557714938359_8

Where the top of the bumper runs along the front rail there are four or five bolts, I used large washers to get the right height as it needed different packing in different places to get it perfect, then made some metal shims to make it neat. I could have left the washers there, they can't be seen but it seemed a little gash.