Do you use your Gallardo as a daily driver?

BGTHEMOGUL

Sprite was talking about both of his '08 model cars. I was talking about EARLY cars. There is a difference like I specifically said. Annually there were improvements in the clutch and gearbox/ecu.

I'm certain that Ed, who is a Lambo Owner, drives a 2004 car. You can't get any EARLIER than that for this style G. He also daily drives it. You clearly told him that his numbers and estimates were more accurate than your 7k estimate. When I said that it was another story though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how when I tell someone their 7k clutch life estimate is far from reality I get an earful for telling a "Lambo Owner" that they are wrong and that doesn't make sense. When two other "Lambo Owners" come into my thread and say the same thing they are told they are accurate. :rolleyes:

Let is slide....

Take the info in, come to your own conclusions.

Time to move forward.

Let is slide....

Take the info in, come to your own conclusions.

Time to move forward.

Just proving a point. Have already moved forwards on Cars.com, Ebay.com and Autotrader.com right now searching.

Just proving a point. Have already moved forwards on Cars.com, Ebay.com and Autotrader.com right now searching.

I will prove another point.

It's a pretty small sample size you're judging from to come to the conclusion that he is wrong.

First off, we rip the crap out of anyone, you may like that you may not. We are not going to change for one member and most likely you will not change your ways for one forum.

Either way good lick with your search.

Earlier I alluded to a clutch pack type, this could be the reason why you get numerous results on clutch life.

Naturally everyone is different, drives differently in different environments and so you will get conflicting info.

Hopefully this will shed some light for you as to why.

As with many supercars past and present, the clutch is a potential weak point. Anyone considering a pre-owned supercar should be thinking about clutches, and the Gallardo is no exception. Early Gallardos were fitted with what is now known as the ‘A’ clutch, and some of these – though by no means all of them – proved to be extremely fragile. The ‘B’ clutch came and went rapidly, then for ’05 the ‘C’ iteration arrived, proving to be very durable. Tales of lifespans in excess of 20,000 miles are not uncommon, but don’t forget that this is a 500bhp, four-wheel-drive supercar, and clutches can be destroyed almost instantly with abuse. The latest and best clutch design is designated ‘E’ and is fitted in place of worn ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ clutches. MY06 manual cars have a sintered type of clutch.

Despite the fact that the Gallardo can be used as a daily driver, many cars will still have low mileages and may still be on the original clutch. As driving style varies dramatically between owners, this can be a critical issue.

Gallardo transmissions are sited behind the engine, so clutch replacement does not require removal of the engine."

Thanks for that information. How can one determine an "A,B,C,D or E" clutch in a car? I'm assuming it's something the owner would know? For example if someone had an earlier year 2004-2005 Gallardo should they be able to tell me which generation clutch the vehicle has?

I understand you're saying 2004's typically had A or B and 2005's evolved to C but if they are not on the original clutch anymore they may have done the upgrade to fix clutch concerns?

I imagine it should be on the invoice for the work failing that should show up on inspection should you have it done at a proper dealer.

Though that all might be different in the States.

There's nothing to make right because nothing was ever wrong to begin with. I will however continue to do my thing.

Was out of town. You are one sassy youngster. You're done.

2008 SL here -- it's a DD

crossed 39k miles today

still on my original clutch

snapshots suggest that I

will make it to 60k on it

That's great to hear. I am wondering how long my LP560 would last....

Was out of town. You are one sassy youngster. You're done.

I bet he was sad he couldn't say that he was a "young single entertainment executive", one more time.

I bet he was sad he couldn't say that he was a "young single entertainment executive", one more time.

He also got called out as a troll on another forum. What an ass.

Yeah, I was the one that called him out on the other forum. Made sure he told me he owned an AP ROO and Hublot Big Bang as well but his pics has him rocking a $12 89MM flavor flav flea market watch with CZ's on the bezel.

LOL kids these days.

He also got called out as a troll on another forum. What an ass.

Yeah, I was the one that called him out on the other forum. Made sure he told me he owned an AP ROO and Hublot Big Bang as well but his pics has him rocking a $12 89MM flavor flav flea market watch with CZ's on the bezel.

LOL kids these days.

u sure it was an AP ROO and not this? :icon_mrgreen:

casio-display-palabra-inga.jpg