Rolls Royce Ghost Market

VBUGKING

I am considering picking one up. Does anyone know the real market on these? I have checked all the online places for what's out there including Manheim, but it's hard to gauge what these things are really selling for. Options and MSRPs seem to vary a lot as well, so you might have a 2010 model with low options listed for like 220k, and then a 2011 with a lot more options listed for like 260k. I know dealers are getting incentive to move these things, anyone with the inside scoop? Thanks.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not get the real deal phantom rather than a rebodied 7 series?

Um been there don't that?

Why not get the real deal phantom rather than a rebodied 7 series?

I have already had a Phantom and it sucks compared to a Ghost.

emailed him, thanks.

Several of my clients have the Ghost. Can't really help you too much with market value but they are amazing vehicles and I also personally like them substantially more than the Phantom which many of my clients have as well. Smaller and sexier. :)

I personally like the looks of the ghost more than the phantom. I'm sure it is easier to drive too

I picked up a white on white 2011 Ghost with 2k on the clock

313K window for 238K

Great car-feels so much more manageable and sportier than the Phantom

Fixed ^

Thanks for the information. How long ago did you buy it?

5 months ago

Sounds like you got a great deal on a well optioned car. I have been driving a new heavily optioned Black 2011 around the last few days, and I really like it. Dealer quoted me 49k off sticker, but I am not sure if I want to go with a new one when slightly used ones are less. Another dealer quoted me 48k off sticker on another new 2011.

Have you considered the Merc S63/5 AMG? I'm not saying the Ghost is a bad car, I am sure it's great, but I would think the S class AMGs would be good competitors.

Heh, based on the prices it doesn't see like there is much of a market for them in the first place. Some of these are 100K off sticker 1 year later. Ouch.

Vbox, do you plan to use the backseat at all? I just looked at a few from 199 to 250 to 300, and other than different color interiors and some rear seating features, they all look at about the same to me. I think it would be wise to buy the lowest priced car in the colors you like, ignoring most options. I think a 250K car is one year and a few thousand miles away from being the 199K car, regardless of what it comes with option wise.

Just my opinion with respect to cost of ownership short term. Just out of curiosity, what are you looking to replace with it?

Have you considered the Merc S63/5 AMG? I'm not saying the Ghost is a bad car, I am sure it's great, but I would think the S class AMGs would be good competitors.

I have in the past, and I have driven them. They are great cars.

Heh, based on the prices it doesn't see like there is much of a market for them in the first place. Some of these are 100K off sticker 1 year later. Ouch.

Vbox, do you plan to use the backseat at all? I just looked at a few from 199 to 250 to 300, and other than different color interiors and some rear seating features, they all look at about the same to me. I think it would be wise to buy the lowest priced car in the colors you like, ignoring most options. I think a 250K car is one year and a few thousand miles away from being the 199K car, regardless of what it comes with option wise.

Just my opinion with respect to cost of ownership short term. Just out of curiosity, what are you looking to replace with it?

Haha, they are very popular cars. The amount off sticker is nothing different than most other high end cars out there. I have been researching them quite a bit lately, and there huge differences in options and prices. From what I have seen, most 2010 models had very limited options and lower MSRPs (yes there are a few exceptions). It seems like for 20-30k more you are able to go from a 2010 high mile, crap options/color car to a 2011 low mile, great options/color car. I guess it all depends on what options someone wants, I usually like 90% of the available options in my cars, and never ever go for the most barebones bottom of the market car out there. I wouldnt mind a higher mileage car if it had the right options/colors that I wanted to help keep the price down.

I'm glad you've spent time in it and can report back a positive experience Arron because the few journalists who drove them back to back with either the Mulsanne or Flying Spur have said it's way too rough and bouncy a ride to be compared to either.

It threw me off because in my eyes the Ghost is the perfect RR, simply due to combining a smaller more practical size than the Phantom with vastly updated styling and technology.

It'd probably not as easy to DD but I've seen Mullsanes in the 260's

Any intrest?

I like the Mulsannes too, but the ghost is easier to deal with day in and day out.

I'm glad you've spent time in it and can report back a positive experience Arron because the few journalists who drove them back to back with either the Mulsanne or Flying Spur have said it's way too rough and bouncy a ride to be compared to either.

It threw me off because in my eyes the Ghost is the perfect RR, simply due to combining a smaller more practical size than the Phantom with vastly updated styling and technology.

I havent driven a Mulsanne, I am sure its a very nice drive, but its quite a bit bigger than the Ghost, more like the Phantom. The Flying Spur is also very nice, and I have spent quite a lot of time driving different Spurs. They are more sporty than the Ghost, the ride isnt as good, and overall the Spur is not in the same league as the Ghost. I dont know what the Journalists are talking about, the ride on the Ghost is second to none IMO.

^I don't know. While there is no doubt that you have excellent taste in cars, as evident by your VI Aventador and your white AM, I am not entirely convinced on the Ghost. The Phantom is simply too big and you had been there so that's out. Comparatively, the Ghost would be a more desirable car. But I find it lacking the so-called magic carpet ride that the original RR is famous for. True that this is a next gen. RR and cannot be compared to the old ones, I simply find them not "stately" enough. The Ghost in particular lacks presence; it IS a RR afterall and it should convey presence IMO. But if you prefer its more nimble/sporty ride as oppose to the silent gliding feeling; and the ultra luxury car incognito, then I suppose the Ghost fits the bill. I would still encourage you to try a Mulsanne though. Yes, the overall size seems a bit daunting but once behind the wheel, it's more than capable and the ride quality and handling is surprisingly great. Leaps and bounds above the Flying Spur for sure. Between the 2 Bentley's and the 2 RR's, I would pick the Mulsanne.

^I don't know. While there is no doubt that you have excellent taste in cars, as evident by your VI Aventador and your white AM, I am not entirely convinced on the Ghost. The Phantom is simply too big and you had been there so that's out. Comparatively, the Ghost would be a more desirable car. But I find it lacking the so-called magic carpet ride that the original RR is famous for. True that this is a next gen. RR and cannot be compared to the old ones, I simply find them not "stately" enough. The Ghost in particular lacks presence; it IS a RR afterall and it should convey presence IMO. But if you prefer its more nimble/sporty ride as oppose to the silent gliding feeling; and the ultra luxury car incognito, then I suppose the Ghost fits the bill. I would still encourage you to try a Mulsanne though. Yes, the overall size seems a bit daunting but once behind the wheel, it's more than capable and the ride quality and handling is surprisingly great. Leaps and bounds above the Flying Spur for sure. Between the 2 Bentley's and the 2 RR's, I would pick the Mulsanne.

I agree that the Ghost doesnt have as much presence as the Phantom, but that's whats great about it, you can actually drive it everywhere. The new Phantom is going to look a lot like the Ghost does now. The great thing about the Ghost's ride is, its actually as good or better than the Phantoms. It accomplishes this while being quite a bit faster, and handling much better. I was looking at the Mulsanne again yesterday when I took the Ghost back to pick up my Bentley Supersports. It is beautiful, and I really like it, but its more like a Phantom than a Ghost. Too much of a show piece, and I would still care too much where I took it, whereas the Ghost I just felt like I could take it anywhere. I should also mention that the Ghost also has a lot of the same conveinence tech (and more) that I have grown to love in my X5m. Bentley has a long way to go in that department.