Rolls Royce Ghost Market

VBUGKING

Aaron. So what's the word on the ghost? Not sure how long you have had it but likes/dislikes? U confirm $0 maintenance etc? Given its BMW roots doesn't surprise me. Just had a kid and tossing around idea of liquidating a few cars for a new dad car :eusa_think:

Thanks!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot you swapped the DBS, you had a convertible first, right?

That makes sense on trading in the Bentley then. Congratulations on the Ghost, can't wait for pictures!

Haha, I'm sure she'll be alright with the Ghost in the long run...or at least when another Bentley comes in.

I had a manual coupe, then an automatic convertible, and now an automatic coupe. I will get pictures of the ghost pretty soon.

Aaron. So what's the word on the ghost? Not sure how long you have had it but likes/dislikes? U confirm $0 maintenance etc? Given its BMW roots doesn't surprise me. Just had a kid and tossing around idea of liquidating a few cars for a new dad car :eusa_think:

Thanks!

I havnet had it long, but I really like it. Dont really have any dislikes at this point. The car doesnt need maintenance yet, but it's supposedly included.

Thanks!

If you liquidate all toys down to 1 it will last 8 months....then youll get bored again. Wait that doesnt sound that bad.....But i agree with the post above mine...looks great next to a gallardo!

If you liquidate all toys down to 1 it will last 8 months....then youll get bored again. Wait that doesnt sound that bad.....But i agree with the post above mine...looks great next to a gallardo!

I just dont want to think about the bath I would take driving a ghost 20k miles a year!

I just dont want to think about the bath I would take driving a ghost 20k miles a year!

One of the local guys did just that. He got rid of the Gallardo and got a Ghost because twins (humans not turbos).

You have the h1 for a daddy mobile....Safest car you can take the kid in unless there's now IED's in Ohio.

Man, I want a Ghost! It would look perfect next to the Gallardo. Exactly like this! :D

6abcb25.jpg

19fab8f.jpg

I'm jealous!

That one looks like mine at least on the outside. Black with satin hood, and chrome wheels!

I would be more worried about how spoiled you would be and how you wouldnt want to ride or drive anything else after putting that kind of mileage on a ghost.

I would be more worried about how spoiled you would be and how you wouldnt want to ride or drive anything else after putting that kind of mileage on a ghost.

Damn you aaron and then you have to go and say something like that when I am in a very vulnerable state of cars.... :eusa_think:

One of the local guys did just that. He got rid of the Gallardo and got a Ghost because twins (humans not turbos).

You have the h1 for a daddy mobile....Safest car you can take the kid in unless there's now IED's in Ohio.

H1 is not the most feasible for the daddy mobile. Might shake her too much!! ha. I have the 535xi for that. But still sometimes hard to swallow a car sitting in the garage so much instead of enjoying it with the family. Who knows. Sorry to hijack thread.

so i checked out your reasons. the 800 foot pounds of torque did not sway you?

The 752 ft/lbs of torque would be nice, but the Mulsanne is quite a bit slower than the Ghost, so it really doesnt matter. The ghost is the better overall car for what's important to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I went out in a ghost this weekend for lunch straight off the dealer lot and it had some error messages saying the hood was open every couple seconds. After clicking ok on the screen 10 times it said the engine was too hot and we needed to open the hood, lol. The dealer said it just needed updated software, lol.

I went out in a ghost this weekend for lunch straight off the dealer lot and it had some error messages saying the hood was open every couple seconds. After clicking ok on the screen 10 times it said the engine was too hot and we needed to open the hood, lol. The dealer said it just needed updated software, lol.

Did you notice anything else about the car apart from the error screen? lol...

• 4 weeks later...

To make a long story short I was not impressed with the Ghost until I had it for a day and really put it to the test. I disliked the Phantom and thought the Ghost would be similar. I was wrong.

The Ghost is a good car for taking the neighbors out to dinner, for traveling, and for a leisure ride to any location. The wife likes the simple opulence.

What you do not at first get is the power and the spirit. You get 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, mind boggling 60-100 and the suspension tightens when you try to rock the boat. It is truly an amazing engineering feat.

RR NA gave me the technical mechanics learning/instructional materials put directly onto my computer. It is a good 50 hours reading/studying just to go over once. I can now appreciate the work that went into this car.

I traded in my Maybach 57s AMG w/Renntach upgrade for this 2011 Ghost. We are very happy with our purchase.

aehaas

To make a long story short I was not impressed with the Ghost until I had it for a day and really put it to the test. I disliked the Phantom and thought the Ghost would be similar. I was wrong.

The Ghost is a good car for taking the neighbors out to dinner, for traveling, and for a leisure ride to any location. The wife likes the simple opulence.

What you do not at first get is the power and the spirit. You get 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, mind boggling 60-100 and the suspension tightens when you try to rock the boat. It is truly an amazing engineering feat.

RR NA gave me the technical mechanics learning/instructional materials put directly onto my computer. It is a good 50 hours reading/studying just to go over once. I can now appreciate the work that went into this car.

I traded in my Maybach 57s AMG w/Renntach upgrade for this 2011 Ghost. We are very happy with our purchase.

aehaas

I agree 100%.

The more I read & hear about the Ghost,the more i'm convinced its the best drivers luxury car on the market and still something you could be driven in if you felt like it. Where else can you have Rolls Royce luxury and still do 0-60 in 4.7

This one looks so good to me.

1350_p2_l.jpg

1350_p3_l.jpg

1350_p5_l.jpg

1350_p7_l.jpg

1350_p9_l.jpg

1350_p10_l.jpg

1350_p12_l.jpg

1350_p15_l.jpg

1350_p18_l.jpg

1350_p20_l.jpg

1350_p22_l.jpg

1350_p26_l.jpg

1350_p28_l.jpg

Rob, thats the same color combo I have, although I have the chrome wheels. I really like the black interior with Piano black wood.

Rob, thats the same color combo I have, although I have the chrome wheels. I really like the black interior with Piano black wood.

:eusa_dance: Beautiful choice! It looks like there are some pretty heavy discounts to be had on slightly used cars as well.

Great combo Aaron. Are they going to make a drophead ghost? I heard at one time they were coing to make a smaller vert but then haven't seen anything about it since.