1998 Diablo VT Roadster won't start...

88 1/2 QV

Battery good, ignition good but car will not start. I spray ether into both banks......car fires up but dies. So I know ignition is good. In the starting sequence I think I used to hear the fuel pump(s) pressurize and the car start right up. I do not hear that any longer. So the gas is not getting to the engine. Found Fuel Pump relay.....seems to click. Yet don't hear the fuel pumps kicking in. Any ideas where to look, what to check next ??

Battery good, ignition good but car will not start. I spray ether into both banks......car fires up but dies. So I know ignition is good. In the starting sequence I think I used to hear the fuel pump(s) pressurize and the car start right up. I do not hear that any longer. So the gas is not getting to the engine. Found Fuel Pump relay.....seems to click. Yet don't hear the fuel pumps kicking in. Any ideas where to look, what to check next ??

Has the car been sitting? Sounds like sticking alarm fuel valves.

Use a multimeter and check or 12V's at the fuel pump. Put it on 12V DC. With the key turned to ignition you should have 12v. If not it is either your relay is not working or you are not getting power to the relay (which could be security related). If all of that checks out and the pumps have 12V's you know that is your fault.

Best of luck.

Yes, car sat 3 months since the last start. Where are those alarm related fuel valves located?? I did cycle the alarm several times each time to see if anything changed.

Should be pre-Fuel Filters. Could probably eliminate them for future pains sake.

Best

They are on top of the gas tank, and a PITA to get at. You have to lay across the engine and go head first in there, I used a large piece of bedding type foam to lay on, and yes you should by-pass them if that turns out to be the problem. There are two, one for each side of the engine, I had one that failed so it still started and ran on one side. I suppose it wouldn't be that odd if they both failed or stuck at the same time.