Pick that one out of the net

capt_chaos

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tomorrow night is going to be a bloodbath at Anfield. Seriously I cannot watch as there is no room behind the sofa to hide. Ronaldo and co will run rings around Liverpool. It is not even funny and I am not writing this as some form of reverse psychology, it is going to be murder.

What is the difference between Liverpool and ebola? Ebola is a threat in Europe :icon_mrgreen:

Ronnie and Kroos got an ovation from Liverpool fans, classy gesture. Oh, and I take my words about Balotelli transfer back, he's useless.

Even as a ex man utd player he was still recognised as a true athlete at the top of his game. There were a few boos at Anfield but that was to be expected. Kroos, Modric they really showed the class and composure.

I saw Mario swapping shirt on the way to the tunnel and wondered if I actually saw it. You know when you double take? When I checked on twitter I was furious. I agree, Mario is a menace. As they say in this http://vimeo.com/109801523 some of the worlds greatest managers cannot get the best out of him. Rodgers intimated today that he could be here shortterm. January cannot come soon enough.

I was watching that live on ITV4 and it took me a while to realize what Lamela had actually done. Had to wait for the slow-motion to actually take it in. Absolutely amazing goal. There's footage of him scoring another when he was much younger, and apparently he does this sort of thing quite a bit in training.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This Barcalona player buy ban it is nuts.

I think this would affect every team in the world apart from two. Barca and Real Madrid.

They heaped loads into their squad prior to the ban coming in because they have the fiscal capabilities and have one of the best attack forces out there.

They do not need to buy in players and are just stock piling their cash meanwhile they are complying with the fiscal fair play rules. Very annoying.

• 1 month later...
Cappy what do you think of this MLS spurt? CR7 and Ibra talking it up too..

Graveyard for players. Top up the retirement fund for top pros and it has been like that for years, look at George Best. Every match I have watched has been lacking in real pace, technical ability and all round general zip. If they look slow on TV they are slow.

I can only speak about the Premiership as that is the only one I have seen live in stadiums but the pace is quick on TV but even quicker in real life.

MLs looks slow, tactically weak and allows attackers acres of space. It is improving but... I do not feel the need to watch many games.

Graveyard for players. Top up the retirement fund for top pros and it has been like that for years, look at George Best. Every match I have watched has been lacking in real pace, technical ability and all round general zip. If they look slow on TV they are slow.

I can only speak about the Premiership as that is the only one I have seen live in stadiums but the pace is quick on TV but even quicker in real life.

MLs looks slow, tactically weak and allows attackers acres of space. It is improving but... I do not feel the need to watch many games.

Agreed based on the Red Bulls Chelsea game. The Americans looked stiff and strategically unaware..where euro teams are more fluid and responsive. But you're telling me Giovinco can't play in Europe? That Gerrard can't get paid as much somewhere else? (and still in top 20 teams somewhere?) It has to be the American appeal, whatever it is, right? Weather? I don't get it.

Agreed based on the Red Bulls Chelsea game. The Americans looked stiff and strategically unaware..where euro teams are more fluid and responsive. But you're telling me Giovinco can't play in Europe? That Gerrard can't get paid as much somewhere else? (and still in top 20 teams somewhere?) It has to be the American appeal, whatever it is, right? Weather? I don't get it.

Giovinco.

I am being honest and not watched enough of him to comment. But the money pumped into the EPL is so vast that mid table teams can become attractive to top players. Some of the recent signings, eg Yohan Cabaye to Crystal Palace and a smattering of exciting players coming over from Spainish teams are expensive but quality. What the EPL has a recent issue with is robust Italian forwards. At 28 Giovinco has not been tested in a high pace high pressure frantic intensity match week in week out and that represents a gamble. You can get some guaranteed flair from Spain. Now factor in part ownership transfer rights why would you look at him?

If you were to look at his scoring stats in Serie A they are appalling.

Gerrard

He could still realistically get into a lot of sides at a top level, But week in week out? No. That is what drove him from Liverpool. The other factor is he did not want to play against Liverpool so a move away from Europe is required. That leaves Asian or America... which leads onto the last factor. The women in his life. You live in Liverpool, always have done. Do you play in China/Dubai for a tin pot league playing genius through balls to no one who understands that or... do you look at New York and LA. Tough one that.

• 2 weeks later...

Opening weekend.

Some interesting results and a lot of bad football by a lot of teams.

Utd win via an own goal in a shockingly bland game.

Chelsea draw.

Arsenal lose.

Liverpool struggled by Coutinho rescued the weekend with a stunning goal.