Pick that one out of the net

capt_chaos

He was not my first choice for sure but there was a great article which stated why he was great for the role written My problem is that the press and some kneejerk fans are going to dig up "stories" of Van Gaal and Rodgers, youth, inexperience blah blah, but at least if LFC play like Swansea did then should be fun.

I was very impressed with the way Swansea took to playing against the top teams. Liverpool copying Swansea eh? That sounds good!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was very impressed with the way Swansea took to playing against the top teams. Liverpool copying Swansea eh? That sounds good!

Well Swansea passed their way out of trouble, triangles, ball retentions and short passes. Was impressive and it was a evolution of how Liverpool use to play... Will he get time to implement this is another question.

Carragher is buggered then as I bet practising in his back garden this afternoon alone he has lost 4 footballs over the neighbours fence.

Was not so long ago that Spurs fans were liking Rodgers as replacement for Harry, funny how these things turn out.

Carragher is buggered then as I bet practising in his back garden this afternoon alone he has lost 4 footballs over the neighbours fence.

Was not so long ago that Spurs fans were liking Rodgers as replacement for Harry, funny how these things turn out.

:lol2:

I thought it was the press that were touting Rodgers as a possible Redknap replacement at Spurs rather than the fans. Anyway, glad that didn't happen.

Hahaha, that gif made me lol :D

I haven't seen that before - I've been able to follow EPL only for the last two seasons.

Adebayor.gif

Rumours 'Arry has gone and Moyes moving in.

Edit sky now confirming he is to leave.

Not happy, that is not good news for Tottenham Hotspur. :(

Wondering what the real reason was? Wondering if Levy was annoyed with his constant flirting with the press or strong disagreement over the sale of players? I do know that Levy was annoyed at the teams wage budget being smashed repeatedly for old players.

Wondering what the real reason was? Wondering if Levy was annoyed with his constant flirting with the press or strong disagreement over the sale of players? I do know that Levy was annoyed at the teams wage budget being smashed repeatedly for old players.

Not sure we have all the facts yet, but the dip in form during the England Manager fiasco certainly seems to be part of it. The past two years has been fantastic but really fear for the future now. The BBC changed the story today to Harry being sacked now, not resigning.

I think as a result of 'Arry leaving we could see Modric and VDV also leaving too.

That is a worry, but even more of a worry is the risk of Gareth Bale wanting to bail out (I shouldn't be making jokes at this stressful time!). He is the best player at the club in my opinion and the quality of the team always suffers if he's not playing.

I thought Modric would be a greater loss.

Never been a massive fan of Bale in all honesty, yes he is quick and he does have moments but a lot of press hyperbole, like the press saying 'arry is the greatest manager when in actual fact between giving interviews through his car window and talking bollocks he has done nothing.

As an example, in 18 months King Kenny won more trophies than 'arry at Spurs in 4 years.

Bale did well in one Champion's league match and he is the saviour of Spur yet the way Modric plays and puts the ball around is far more impressive.

Levy is a proper business don though and I like how he does business. Watching Italy V Croatia now and if I said Slaven Bilić as Spurs manager...

I think he has taken Croatia as far he can and must be wondering about another step and the press are pushing for Moyes, Martinez I think, from the outside, the long term shrewd step would be Bilić.

• 3 weeks later...
AVB is in at Spurs. As is Gylfi Sigurdsson

Also Jan Vertonghen has signed for Tottenham after agreeing a transfer fee with Ajax. Don't know anything about him but he seems to be a good buy.

Tottenham V Liverpool 28 July.

So how do Spurs fans feel about significantly paying over the odds for Sig?

Ie he was happy play for x at Swansea, LFC were going to pay XX but Spurs are paying XXX.

So how do Spurs fans feel about significantly paying over the odds for Sig?

Ie he was happy play for x at Swansea, LFC were going to pay XX but Spurs are paying XXX.

I think Sigi is a good acquisition. Watched him play for Swansea a lot last season and he was quite good. Think he can improve at Spurs, and £8M isn't that bad. Looks like Modric will be leaving though and not sure how much King will be playing this year.

8m is the acquisition figure, we were happy to pay that. The problem is the personal terms. £££££

Modric is going though and quite possibly VDV

8m is the acquisition figure, we were happy to pay that. The problem is the personal terms. £££££

Modric is going though and quite possibly VDV

I don't know what the personal terms were. I don't think the £8M has been confirmed although it's probably fairly accurate.

Well my itk did not place a figure but he said eyebrows were raised when his agent said Spurs are offering ££££££ per week.

LFC said "good for you but we know this figure is current and that we are able to increase by 40k but that increase would not equal value to us, good luck".

Then the agent came back and tried to broker more on LFC's bid. There was a small budge but nothing major.

Strangely for this source he has deleted this info so it is not verbatim but he is normally spot on with his info.

Spurs must have thought the personal terms were worth the risk then. Not a bad deal when you look at how much Liverpool paid for Carroll, who appears to be on his way out. A Liverpool fan I know thinks there's more to come from Carroll but it may be too late at Liverpool. There's just no time at the big clubs any more, they want instant success.

Still not sure about the new Spurs manager though. Emmanuel Adebayor has now signed for Spurs so it looks like they have a good forward line-up with Sigi, Defoe and Saha as well.

Spurs must have thought the personal terms were worth the risk then. Not a bad deal when you look at how much Liverpool paid for Carroll, who appears to be on his way out. A Liverpool fan I know thinks there's more to come from Carroll but it may be too late at Liverpool. There's just no time at the big clubs any more, they want instant success.

Still not sure about the new Spurs manager though. Emmanuel Adebayor has now signed for Spurs so it looks like they have a good forward line-up with Sigi, Defoe and Saha as well.

Saha is out.

Saha is out.

Yeah, you're right, I've just gone back to the official Spurs website and they've announced it today. Surprising, I thought he did quite well when he did play.

I will see if I can root out some AVB assessments made by LFC fans when LFC were looking at him. Very interesting and he like Brendan will be great if they can get time to mould something.

Carroll, well I do think he has suddenly found something ticking and now they are literally moving the goal posts. Feel sorry for him in a way.

Here we go. BTW, I rate AVB and it was the people at CFC that messed him over and when you hear stories of what goes on and how people like Joe Cole say how going to other clubs was actually a major football culture shock it shows how much CFC have brought their titles.

Anyway, enjoy these break downs.

http://statactics.com/2012/05/17/why-andre...-for-liverpool/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/980872-...boas-wont-learn

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ember-2005.html

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2011/6/2...ctical-analysis