• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Flesh wound

Andy Carroll has gone to West Ham on loan, no purchase option, they cover all of his wages (!) and LFC get a million quid. Problem is, we are a bit short up front.

Flesh wound

Andy Carroll has gone to West Ham on loan, no purchase option, they cover all of his wages (!) and LFC get a million quid. Problem is, we are a bit short up front.

Yeah, but Liverpool covers all of the Sahin's wages (plus a fee for Real if I remember correctly, 6m euros?).

Cesar to QPR - pretty crazy. Dembele to Tottenham - very solid player. Suppossedly Lloris is very close to Tottenham too, heard good things about him. Adam Johnson to Sunderland - what a bargain for 10m. Berbatov to Fulham?

Yeah, but Liverpool covers all of the Sahin's wages (plus a fee for Real if I remember correctly, 6m euros?).

Cesar to QPR - pretty crazy. Dembele to Tottenham - very solid player. Suppossedly Lloris is very close to Tottenham too, heard good things about him. Adam Johnson to Sunderland - what a bargain for 10m. Berbatov to Fulham?

I had heard that there was a fee for Sahin but I doubt it is that high.

Cesar and Granero both at QPR is nuts. Then Cesar said they will win the league!!!

Dembele was formidable last season and started off well and I think a shrewd move by Levy again.

Loved Fiortina's reaction to Berba blowing them out for Fulham!

As for Johnson, I have a theory. That he is good for 25 minutes then reverts to immensely frustrating so the people that watch him on the highlight shows he looks good but there is a reason he did not start at City.

As I keep saying the buying fee is part of the package, the real cost to the club is the wages.

fcuking shocking day yesterday. The gloss has come off FSG for me. Poor management at the top.

Not a good start for Spurs either. I'm really concerned that all is not well between the manager and players. Can't understand the goalkeeper situation, Brad is playing extremely well so why get an apparently top French goalkeeper in?

lol, Hulk went to Zenit St Petersburg.

Have you guys watched the UEFA Supercup? Falcao is a beast! I'm sure Roman will get him in the winter.

Falcao was indecent, it was embarrassing. I wonder how long Di Matteo actually has left? Yeah he win the CL but his football has been bland.

Re Spurs, I think the manager needs time. I rate Levy and bloody hell could we do with someone like him at LFC but I always get the impression that there is a gap between Levy and the manager, with 'array I can understand but AVB is tactically switched on. I think he can pull it through though I still don't understand how they can fiscally operate like they do.

FSG - still a pile of donkey dung with his "open letter" today. I remember when people called it a statement not an open letter to the fans which addresses nothing.

No CEO, No stadium plans, no football management with sense, no hope.

lol, Hulk went to Zenit St Petersburg.

Have you guys watched the UEFA Supercup? Falcao is a beast! I'm sure Roman will get him in the winter.

They've apparently signed both Hulk and Witsel for a combined fee of 80m Euros. :shock: I had no idea Zenit had that much cash to splash.

Cap: Do you think the signings from last year were a waste of money? Carroll, Henderson, Adam, Downing?

Value was not a consideration, they needed to overhaul the squad but FSG were stupid. They said Kenny was not their long term solution so threw money at him and Comoli.

Then they bring in someone that has Spanish tika taka plans and oh those signings are no good now because they play a different style of game.

For characters that play the long game that was short sighted or full of crap statement.

Then they ship out players that got over a third of the goals last year and leave us with two strikers whilst still mentioning the champions league. I wanted these guys to be different but they Hicks and Gillett mk2.

Oh and when the fcuk are the financial fair play rules kicking in?

I think it's next year that they start, but, as I understand it, clubs dont need to comply immediately. They merely have to show that they are making steps towards breaking even. Otherwise, Chelsea and City would have no chance.

Either way, big spending City and Chelsea are going to need to pull off a miracle within 3-4 years in order to comply with the FFP.

They've apparently signed both Hulk and Witsel

From the two Benfica games I've seen Witsel seems like a decent player but here's why I'll always have a bad opinion about him.

here's Marcin Wasilewski - polish centre back. He's a bad mofo.

a28zh04k44o4s44gso84k4wscsk.600.jpg

Marcin meets Witsel

brutalnym_ataku_Axela_3523191.jpg

Kontuzja_Wasyla_Szok.jpg

OUCH!

Wayne-Rooney-Injury-Video-Manchester-3-2-Vs-Fulham-2012.jpg

Flesh wound

The horrific wound that has ruled Wayne Rooney out for a month came within a millimetre of puncturing the femoral artery in his thigh, the striker revealed on Friday.

Manchester United’s doctors told Rooney of the potentially fatal situation after he was carried off at Old Trafford two weeks ago when Fulham striker Hugo Rodallega’s studs sliced a six-inch gash down the inside of his right leg.

Left untreated, a patient will bleed to death within 10 minutes once the artery is punctured.

• 3 months later...

Anyone still watching the Premier League? :P

Interesting video from 1996 West Ham fans forum.

I really like Harry and I hope he can save QPR from relegation.

I hate Harry. Full of shit.

Check this video

Check the top comment.

And he is like that all the time, turns a story up for the media.

So for that reason I love watching this

• 1 month later...

Anyone see the LFC vs Zenit match last night. What a game. The stadium sound was incredible. Needed 4 goals after Carra's mess up which I could just see happening with that back spin on the ball and to get 3 against the Russian champions in the way we did was incredible.

What worries me about the this tika taka approach BR has put in is that yes there are periods of play which are sublime but no goals are coming from it. The goals scored are not from long strings of passes or attacking play.

Anyone see the LFC vs Zenit match last night. What a game. The stadium sound was incredible. Needed 4 goals after Carra's mess up which I could just see happening with that back spin on the ball and to get 3 against the Russian champions in the way we did was incredible.

What worries me about the this tika taka approach BR has put in is that yes there are periods of play which are sublime but no goals are coming from it. The goals scored are not from long strings of passes or attacking play.

Yupp, I watched Tottenham and then Liverpool. The first game was a bit ridiculous. Lyon could have easily ended it in the first half, intsead they try to defend the narrow lead for 70 minutes? Idiotic.

As for the Liverpool - Suarez is not going to win the trophy by himself. And my reaction to the rumours that Reina is going to replace Valdez at Barcelona - :lol2:

Agree, I see no point in them. Never see them provide the ref with useful info. I think most of them are just glorified stadium season ticket holders, I am for the goal line tech that is coming in for Brazil and dropping them.

RE Suarez. Well, the other night showed all of his game. Hard working game changing, twisting, turning, furiously wasteful and then he does that. Very frustrating and just wish he would drop that side of his game.

Re Pepe, I think he has dismissed that speculation. He has had a shocker of a season and got too complacent with his shirt.

If Suarez were to move on to another club and LFC were unable to replace him adequately, I think they will be in real trouble.

He's a very good player, so why does he need to stamp, dive etc ?

Another incredible performance by Bale. Looks like all the hype in the British media Capt mentioned is justified after all.

I really hope he'll end up in Madrid. I know he's a big fan of Cristiano. Having them both in one team would be awesome.