And there was the Injection-prototype for sale as expected..

lambolp400s

I enjoyed the evolving story and thought it would be nice to hear more. But the thought never really crossed my mind that all of that would add up to a high-value car...just some interesting talking points for a Saturday morning. I'm not in the market for a 2V, but your points sound reasonable to me, grngry'.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this sum it up?

My take

- FI or FI prototype is not a feature that would redefine the price.

-

- Money + emotion = Sincerity in question.

- 2V FI is generally less desirable, but all Countachs are wonderful.

- The car could be priced under the influence (PUI) for informed buyers; i.e. Allan will assess someone's smoking habits within two posts if PUI is suspected.

I have to say this:

Factory prototype = Historical car => big big $$

FI prototpye = Milestone car => Commands a premium

It seems from various poost that most everyone think the car is somewhere between $100K and $140K at the very best. But again we are not the one thinking of shelling the money. I personally would by a DD for that price but I can see someone attracted to a milestone car for a small collection.

They should just blow it upp...

If I had more money I'd buy it. I like rescuing Lambo but really want his old LM002.

ALL Countach are great. Nothing wrong with a FI car, it's still a bad ass Countach. Most of us bozos couldn't tell a carbed car from a FI while driving it ;) (or would bother us while driving)

Guys,

Yes, I posted my prototype Countach for sale. Here is what is behind that. The car has worth while history and is an excellent example. If it doesn't sell, then the worst thing that happens is that I have a great Lamborghini to enjoy. Truth is that because of the value of the history, I would not consider a strait-up trade for basically any other Countach that isn't some special one off or part of Lamborghini history. Price was put accordingly.

That being said, I dearly LOVE Lamborghini and Countachs. I do enjoy the community both in the real world and here on this great forum. I look forward every moment I get to spend with Lambos in some form and am typing this after a great drive that I just took on a beautiful spring day.

See you guys on the road!

Casey

Casey,

I hope you get that price, I really do. I am the one who says that no Countach should be under $500,000.

BUT, you have rethink that price. It may be very difficult to get more money than a DownDraft and a LowBody and some lp400.

Look, I am member #37, been around a long time, know these guys and seen alot. Just sayin from experience with what collectors and regular guys look for and think are valuable.

With that said, look at what Patrick said.....nice milestone to add to a collection.

Though not a horrible thing to be stuck with it :)

Guys,

Yes, I posted my prototype Countach for sale. Here is what is behind that. The car has worth while history and is an excellent example. If it doesn't sell, then the worst thing that happens is that I have a great Lamborghini to enjoy. Truth is that because of the value of the history, I would not consider a strait-up trade for basically any other Countach that isn't some special one off or part of Lamborghini history. Price was put accordingly.

That being said, I dearly LOVE Lamborghini and Countachs. I do enjoy the community both in the real world and here on this great forum. I look forward every moment I get to spend with Lambos in some form and am typing this after a great drive that I just took on a beautiful spring day.

Casey

Love the silver

Guys,

Casey

Everyone has their price and you stated yours, if you get it all the more power to you. I just hope your not holding your breath. Here your dealing with the most educated and savviest of enthusiasts and buyers, you should expect a heavy dose of reality.

That's right!.

only woman owner, green Valentino signature, two times famous Lamborghi expert Emilio on board...

TWO millions and you can have the car! a small sign here, please... :icon_mrgreen:

So a woman bought it new, or was it a gift? Was she in the US or ?

So a woman bought it new, or was it a gift? Was she in the US or ?

i was told it was a birthday gift for her husband, and that hers name was Donna Liebrich.

The car was sold in may 1984 to SEA S.p.A. car dealer in Rome, Italy. It was built as European version (with official Lamborghini paper certifying that) and then imported in the USA by a guy named Elvidio Grande (there is still a metal plate on the car with the write "imported by Elvidio Grande" and sold, i think in Miami but i'm not sure, to this Donna Liebrich.

If anyone can help me to know if all this is true for sure, i will be very grateful.

ciao

1st off,IMO an injected 2v car is the most undesirable Countach,period This seller is following the lead of all these other .......... who are trying to get megabucks for there Countach's. 2nd, I was thinking about it the other day, DD or FI. the answer is simple in my mind, for about a 30% price reduction I bought a FI car. Same car except induction. Remove the US wieght adding devices, install a free flowing exaust & bingo....you are there. The only thing I like about a DD is the simplicity of the engine bay. Everything else says FI to me.

I was thinking about it the other day, DD or FI. the answer is simple in my mind, for about a 30% price reduction I bought a FI car. Same car except induction. Remove the US wieght adding devices, install a free flowing exaust & bingo....you are there.

I am not sure if this statement is 100% correct.

I believe the DD cars had a few more differences such as.

Cams and exhaust headers as opposed to the manifold style headers on the FI cars.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Cams and exhaust headers as opposed to the manifold style headers on the FI cars.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I was under the same impression.

Also had another thought @ this car. The factory did not have "prototypes" (at least to my knowledge) for every change, ie there is no DD proto. So if you are wanting a "factory proto" those cars would essentially be most closely related to the first production model after a change. So you might be able to get a better valuation if you had an average of percentage mark ups of first production run cars. There are a lot of other factors in play here, but I'm just kinda thinking outloud.

From what Ive seen, very good running DD cars dyno around 370rwhp, while F/I cars around 345rwhp. Simply removing the cats on a F/I car gets you right about the same power (which DD cars dont have cats anyways). The difference in performance lies in weight, not power. U.S. cars have the heavy front and back bumpers, and additional door supports.

I know that the highest dynoed Countach belongs to a member here. It dynoed right around 425rwhp with its motec engine management. Thats very close to what a stock Diablo 6.0 makes, and roughly 15rwhp more than a Diablo Sv with full exhaust.

I was under the same impression.

Also had another thought @ this car. The factory did not have "prototypes" (at least to my knowledge) for every change, ie there is no DD proto. So if you are wanting a "factory proto" those cars would essentially be most closely related to the first production model after a change. So you might be able to get a better valuation if you had an average of percentage mark ups of first production run cars. There are a lot of other factors in play here, but I'm just kinda thinking outloud.

This car is no prototype. The owner is merely hunting for a fool. A prototype is a one off, this car along with others where all simply a way to get by with using a hodgepodge of off the shelf items to create a jinky f/i system. The only thing special about this car, is its color. Owner thinks cause it was mentioned in a book or magazine that adds to value. Fact is, if you searched you could probably find just about every single Countach mentioned in a book or magazine. So if you want a f/i car, you buy a nice Qv.

Guys,

Casey

You are always welcome, but i do not love the ones who ask two or three times the car value, expecially if they know very well market prices.

And you know them...

here in Italy we have an euro version red QVDD really mint (the best i have seen in my life, no restore, just mint as new) with just 11000 km (7000 miles) from new, asking price 260 k USD. Its for sale since one year or more...

ciao

ciao

I agree Allan, take those quotation marks seriously! lol It would not necissarily be a first production run either, because none of these types were done at the factory to my knowledge. Just thought it was something more comparible than other true automobile prototypes.

But under that thinking, and I'm just throwing out numbers here... say an extra 20% for first produced and 10-15% for rare color combo. I think it is fair to say average selling price for a nice 2v injected is 75-85k? So not being a proto, but being a first co produced, with a rare color you could estimate fair market around 99-118k depending on condition etc.. Again just thinking outloud, but this seems reasonable to me at least and that would put it in a similar range as a 25th car which has advantages to some and disadvantages to others as well.

This is funny , back in Dec after he suggested the car maybe forsale I pmed him. Here was his response.. I love the REALISTIC ON PRICING part.. LOL

Do you want to sell it? if so how much are you asking?

Hello Allan,

I am open to selling the car.

I have not yet decided on a price as I wasn't going to advertise the car for a while.

I do know the Countach market rather well and this is indeed a worthy example for any serious enthusiast.

I am realistic about pricing and am easy to work with. If we come up with a number that suits us both, the car is yours.

This is funny , back in Dec after he suggested the car maybe forsale I pmed him. Here was his response.. I love the REALISTIC ON PRICING part.. LOL

Do you want to sell it? if so how much are you asking?

Hello Allan,

I am open to selling the car.

I have not yet decided on a price as I wasn't going to advertise the car for a while.

I do know the Countach market rather well and this is indeed a worthy example for any serious enthusiast.

I am realistic about pricing and am easy to work with. If we come up with a number that suits us both, the car is yours.

think if he had been not REALISTIC ON PRICING... may be he asked 3,5 millions... :D

here in Italy we have an euro version red QVDD really mint (the best i have seen in my life, no restore, just mint as new) with just 11000 km (7000 miles) from new, asking price 260 k USD. Its for sale since one year or more...

ciao

the car was owned by a friend of mine: it is almost perfect, really

it is for sale since over 3 years i think

he sold that one and a white DD QV later

think that the white one was EVEN BETTER!!! all books tools, everything!!

he was asking 120k for it ...superb deal, but it sold 2008 or so

so not when we were both in the market for one :(

Allan, please don't think that I am saying that I am an expert and that is what the car should be priced at. Just what makes sense to me.. and seems realistic...

I just don't understand how you can take a known car that would be easy to track down if one wanted (there are pics on the internet from the evans gathering a few years back), come on here asking for help to fix a few minor things about the car and talk up how great it is (we were with you when you acted like this was a dream come true, to OWN it) and then turn around a few months later and ask four times what a normal 2v injected would be. Kind of sounds like another that has been called out on the boards lately. Hopefully this is more of a case of I'd be willing to sell it for this, but otherwise I'd rather just keep it. Honestly I don't see the point but whatever.

Hey, where is that Wallace Twin Turbo Prototype? :icon_mrgreen: