Hungover - Post your remedy

Dr. Noisewater

Past couple of weekends I started popping an aspirin before bed and downing a couple bottles of water. Then I found out that's actually pretty fcuking bad for you so I stopped. :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I have a heavy night like Saturdays festivities a sauna, shower and a few aspirins arent going to do much for me. The lighter drinking days can be masked fairly well imho with the aspirin, Gatorade gallons of water and maybe some cardio or something.

I find also that if I am day drinking outside,like at a pool party or something it seems to take far less booze to create the same outcome. I prefer day parties much more then evenings these days.

That being said, bring on Vegas for Memorial Day!

Interesting...Lighter drinking days don't usually take a toll on me. If I just drink a little water, I'll be ok. If I drink hard though I try my best to drink as much water and then aspirin.

I don't do too much day drinking but I'm going to Vegas this weekend so I'll put it to test!

I drink a half water, half Gatorade mixture when I wake up and add 3 grams of Phenibut to a 32 oz bottle.

I found Phenibut for when I use to go through GHB withdrawals it instantly helped, but it also works well with alcohol withdrawals or hangover. Phenibut is no joke I feel better within 10 minutes.

http://www.amazon.com/Primaforce-Phenibut-...s/dp/B002JIO4Q2

- 800 ibuprofen and 1000 acetaminophen while drinking.

- 800 ibuprofen and 1000 acetaminophen when going to sleep - take with 20oz water.

- Another 800 ibuprof when I wake up to piss at 7am.

- Sleep for 6 hours no matter when I get to bed.

That's way too much tylenol, and I too would avoid mixing it with alcohol.

that's a lot of ibuprofen in a short time.

That's way too much tylenol, and I too would avoid mixing it with alcohol.

that's a lot of ibuprofen in a short time.

From what I know, the Rx dosage of ibuprofen (Motrin 800) when you get it from an MD is 800mg 3x a day - is this wrong? Coupled with acetominaphen, where the Rx dosage is 1000mg 4x per day. I've taken these at this level for 5-7 days at a time when injured to reduce pain and inflammation rapidly.

From what I know, the Rx dosage of ibuprofen (Motrin 800) when you get it from an MD is 800mg 3x a day - is this wrong? Coupled with acetominaphen, where the Rx dosage is 1000mg 4x per day. I've taken these at this level for 5-7 days at a time when injured to reduce pain and inflammation rapidly.

You are right, 800x 3 if taken 6-8 hours apart isn't that bad, though it is anti inflammatory dosage at that level over pain doseage.

The tylenol though, when coupled with alcohol, can put your liver at risk. The greater the risk depends on your individual physiology, but personally I avoid tylenol with alcohol.

Lol, good follow up to the what you drinking thread.

Here's some easy help.

1. Sober up before you sleep

2. Drink 8-12 oz of water between each drink.

3. Take 800 mg ibuprofen before sleeping.

:iamwithstupid:

Along with,

-Force yourself to take a 20-30 minute jog/run an hour after you wake up to get the blood flowing.

-Try avoiding sugary drinks as much as possible the night before.

-9731ox.jpg

Drink a few coconut water drinks throughout the day after your crazy night.

- 800 ibuprofen and 1000 acetaminophen while drinking.

- 800 ibuprofen and 1000 acetaminophen when going to sleep - take with 20oz water.

- Another 800 ibuprof when I wake up to piss at 7am.

- Sleep for 6 hours no matter when I get to bed.

DUDE. 1000mg of Acetaminophen mixed with alcohol will do horrible damage to your organs.

Hydrate, NSAID, lots of sleep, multi vitamin (gatorade maybe) and good food after.

I stopped with the NSAID while drinking. Casual drinker so if I HAVE to go all out, I'll just man up if nothing important is happening the next day. I hate the feeling so I try not to ever get out of hand.

Ok thats what I was wanting to hear. I just ordered my P-But from amazon. Ill test it out. 3 grams to 32oz of water? Any side effects or does it make you feel a certain way?

When I had the 100g tub around I would sometimes take 3-4 grams by itself and get a good vibe throughout my body and brain,

it kills anxiety, makes you more sociable, more confident as it kills the anxiety, and have an all around more positive outlook.

But with an alcohol hangover if you take 3 grams you feel about 95-99% back to normal. So if you use Phenibut only for when you are hungover you will not really "feel" anything from the Phenibut. There are plenty of times I would drink whatever I wanted mixing alcohol and beer with no fear of a hangover because I knew I had Phenibut for when I woke up.

You can drink with Phenibut to increase it's effects but that leads to an ever worse/terrible hangover in the morning for some people. I did this once and drinking with Phenibut "feels" good but in the morning it is not worth it.

A bodybuilder friend of mine recommended Phenibut to me and I swear by it. If you read up on in at all it actually crosses the blood brain barrier.

When I had the 100g tub around I would sometimes take 3-4 grams by itself and get a good vibe throughout my body and brain,

it kills anxiety, makes you more sociable, more confident as it kills the anxiety, and have an all around more positive outlook.

But with an alcohol hangover if you take 3 grams you feel about 95-99% back to normal. So if you use Phenibut only for when you are hungover you will not really "feel" anything from the Phenibut. There are plenty of times I would drink whatever I wanted mixing alcohol and beer with no fear of a hangover because I knew I had Phenibut for when I woke up.

You can drink with Phenibut to increase it's effects but that leads to an ever worse/terrible hangover in the morning for some people. I did this once and drinking with Phenibut "feels" good but in the morning it is not worth it.

A bodybuilder friend of mine recommended Phenibut to me and I swear by it. If you read up on in at all it actually crosses the blood brain barrier.

is there any down side to pheni? seems like a no brainer.

If you use it only here and there when sober, and a few times a week for a hangover......no there is no downside.

If you use it every day you will build a huge tolerance quickly (I used for two weeks straight once and I needed 10 grams to feel anything and when I ran out of Phenibut it felt like I was going through GHB withdrawals.)

So DON'T abuse it, treat it with respect and it will be there to cure your hangover's from a good night out.

A hangover is basically dehydration. U need to pound water prior to bed and take a multi-v...........in the morning a good steam works wonders (again watch with dehydration) and if all else fails a nice big greasy lunch (think McDonald's) never hurts.

LongIP---

I was reading that Pheni can make you super sick if you over do it from the beginning. I saw some interesting stuff about it here http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170737

I was thinking I would start small at 500mg-1 gram and see how it goes. From what I see 3-4 grams is an experienced dose. Let me know your thoughts so I approach it safely and without chucking up all day!

FYI- Im going to try it on the hangover days

A hangover is basically dehydration. U need to pound water prior to bed and take a multi-v...........in the morning a good steam works wonders (again watch with dehydration) and if all else fails a nice big greasy lunch (think McDonald's) never hurts.

The main cause of a hangover is when ethyl alcohol is converted to acetaldehyde. Sure there are many other things that can make it worse. Dehydration also occurs so drinking a lot of water helps relieve the dehydration as well as help your kidneys wash out all the bad stuff.

The main cause of a hangover is when ethyl alcohol is converted to acetaldehyde. Sure there are many other things that can make it worse. Dehydration also occurs so drinking a lot of water helps relieve the dehydration as well as help your kidneys wash out all the bad stuff.

Yeah, I definitely do not know the scientific part of it.....

LongIP---

I was reading that Pheni can make you super sick if you over do it from the beginning. I saw some interesting stuff about it here http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170737

I was thinking I would start small at 500mg-1 gram and see how it goes. From what I see 3-4 grams is an experienced dose. Let me know your thoughts so I approach it safely and without chucking up all day!

FYI- Im going to try it on the hangover days

Yeah they say a normal dose is 333mg to 1 gram, even the first time I used the stuff I did a teaspoon (about 3 grams) of the powder, but I was a heavy GHB user. Start small like a quarter of a tea spoon (about 750mg) and work your way up until you feel better. You can always take more, you can never take less........

I started using it because I was going through horrible GHB withdrawals which are essentially the same as an alcohol withdrawal.

After I was done using it for GHB withdrawals I had some left over and when I was hung over I was like "hey, let me try this stuff and see what it does" and I felt perfect and now I use it every time after I drink heavily the night before. A hangover is basically a minor alcohol withdrawal and the Phenibut gets your brain back to feeling normal, while the gatorade and water mixture gets your body back to normal.

I quit a GHB addiction with Phenibut, got a girlfriend to quit smoking because of the dopamine release with phenibut, and got an alcoholic friend to taper down and finally quit booze altogether with Phenibut. If used properly and not overdone Phenibut can be a life saver.....literally!!!

Weekend Phenibut experience: I had never taken phen before. Took 1 gram Fri night before going out with some friends. First impressions: takes awhile to kick in. In fact, never feels like it 'kicks in', just a gradual, subtle onset.. takes a few hours. Kinda gives you a relaxed, but talkative feeling. I also want to say I felt a little amped from it; somewhat gregarious. Was hanging out at a small local bar, throwing some darts & socializing. It was fun. I felt no apprehension about talking to anyone, and had a good time. Drank only 1 or 2 beers and 1 lemon drop, but I felt pretty buzzed. I think the phen compounded the alchol effects, because I felt more buzzed than I should from those drinks. Got home pretty early (1am), and did not feel tired at all, so I took a melatonin (5mg) to help me get sleepy. It worked as usual. Woke up feeling like shit. Sort of a hung over feeling, but mainly verrry tired & difficult to get up. I think the melatonin, alchol, and phen was not a good mixture. Went to the gym around 11am & felt better. I can say that the phen effects were still working the next day. I felt good, thinking clearly, felt motivated; actually got some productive work done that day. Sat evening, took another 1 gram. Went out to a bar agian, but honestly did not feel quite the same effects as the previous night. In fact, I did not even notice that I had taken any more phen that second night (not sure why). Had a pretty good night, but maybe I needed more to really feel it that second night. It was interesting & I will be trying it again this upcoming weekend.