Aventador

topjay

Almost ready, got sent some pics, pretty excited as i delayed my original November delivery until now because of the weather here, it has been a long wait!!!

z1.JPG

z4.JPG

I also have one of these thanks to Rey at LNB, who was also great to deal with.

z3.JPG

carboceramic?

Carboceramici

When i get some nice proper pics i'll put them up, no one wants to see a wet car in a car park, wouldn't do it justice, so just something to wet the appetite.

Carboceramici

When i get some nice proper pics i'll put them up, no one wants to see a wet car in a car park, wouldn't do it justice, so just something to wet the appetite.

Congrats!!! I want to see it! You popping into town anytime soon?

Josh

Congrats!!! I want to see it! You popping into town anytime soon?

Josh

Yep i'll be around, we can sort something out.

Looking good bud, matching pair or are you ditching the G? :icon_thumleft:

Was going to keep it if it didn't sell easily, but sold it about six weeks ago, was an awesome car, loved it totally.

topjay.....

are you kidding me??....what better pics to take than when she is wet , with beads of sweat....I mean when beads of water are....

you know what I mean...well it all leads to :

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

Waiting this long hasn't helped the weather! Thought this was meant to be spring??

It's looking good. Looking forward to seeing it.

Some pics later but so far and while it is fresh:

First impressions

Suspension is a bit bouncy if it picks up motion it continues on with it rather than settle immediately and you can feel absolutely everything on the road to the n'th degree, not really a criticism though & bouncing seems to be improving with more miles. Its very, very stable at speed and brakes are great although a little grabby when cold, but may just need to wear in properly.

Haven't broken 6000rpm as per running in, but still shoots flames etc in tunnel which is pretty awesome to see.

Little jerky at low speed and 1st gear engage from stop is very soft, it is supposed to learn your driving style so should adapt though, so we shall see.

Sounds a little lumpy from a cold startup bit like pre 560 G and murci, not quite comfortable initially.

Exhaust is ok, hated it at first as so quiet, but in sport it is ok and probably enough for most people, in corsa it is much quieter than sport weirdly and annoyingly and in strada it might as well be electric.

Was a little overawed by it at first, but settling in nicely now that i know where everything is and how it works.

Its totally impractical compared to my G and very low, have to use front lift a lot, whearas the G i pretty much never needed it. I also keep hitting my head getting in.

Should be up to 450 miles by the end of the weekend and basically it is getting better and better the more miles that go on it, was a little unconvinced to start with but i think it just needs driving a lot, i think it may be the start of a love affair, the more i drive it the more i like it, you just have to give it a chance.

Impressions - People seem awed by it, my G brought all smiles, but people react differently to this, just total shock almost, its weird.

Cant wait to get throught the running in and properly unleash, feels much faster than the demo car already.

Most crazy thing is the way it delivers speed and power so effortlessly, if it didnt have a hard shift it would could be boring in that department, you can go very fast with no drama at all and low speeds just seem silly in it as it feels as if your not even moving.

So all in all a big thumbs up, but i think i need my 560 back as well as it to use in all situations as it was just so good at everything. Aventador is a true monster though, as a halo car should be but definately an event in itself to drive.

Will update as i get more miles in, my impressions have already changed significantly in the time i've had it, loving it so far.......tbc

Thanks for the impressions.

Are the wheels matte black? It's only a second Aventador I've seen with that option.

Suspension is a bit bouncy if it picks up motion it continues on with it rather than settle immediately and you can feel absolutely everything on the road to the n'th degree, not really a criticism though & bouncing seems to be improving with more miles. Its very, very stable at speed and brakes are great although a little grabby when cold, but may just need to wear in properly.

I noticed this too.