I just ordered a R8 Spyder

TRANSAMERA

Hey guys,

Since I wont be in an Aventador this year I decided to get me, what I think, is the best all around exotic/sportscar on the planet - the V10 Spyder.

I will order exhaust from Hersh at RSC, I also ordered the GT taillights since they look so much nicer.

I want to see if anyone here have lowered their R8's and what you thought about it? Comfort/handling pros and cons?

I will also get a set of spacers since I like the new style rimZZZ I wont swap them out..

Car is black on black with black top and full CF interior, arriving in 2 weeks :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! It is definitely the best all around exotic car in my opinion as well.

Member Leadfoot just lowered his Spyder with H&R Springs. I'm sure he'll chime in.

I'm confused....why not a GTR??

Thread derailed!!

Just kidding :) Congrats! Sounds like a hot color combo. What is the finish on the wheels? Black as well?

Congrats J! You're going to love it. I'll post some pics of my car when I get it back tomorrow. I've only driven it about 40 mi on the springs, but it's not terribly different. Definitely rides firmer, closer to a 560, but no where as nervous (bumpy) as my Superleggeras were.

well done Transgender!

This. Such an awesome car, congrats on the purchase! Digging the sound of the options so far! Black exterior; I like it already :icon_super:

Are u going to get drunk and pissed next year when the updated one comes out?

This. Cant wait for the drunk rant and untimely trade-in to "punish" (lol) Audi. But for now congrats.

Congrats! It is definitely the best all around exotic car in my opinion as well.

Member Leadfoot just lowered his Spyder with H&R Springs. I'm sure he'll chime in.

I see now in your sig that you have one, awesome! No mods?

well done Transgender!

:turboalex:

I'm confused....why not a GTR??

Thread derailed!!

Just kidding :) Congrats! Sounds like a hot color combo. What is the finish on the wheels? Black as well?

GTR? What? :icon_oak: Wheels are dark on the inside and silver on the outside, new style rimZ are nice!

Congrats J! You're going to love it. I'll post some pics of my car when I get it back tomorrow. I've only driven it about 40 mi on the springs, but it's not terribly different. Definitely rides firmer, closer to a 560, but no where as nervous (bumpy) as my Superleggeras were.

Thank you Sir!

Please do post some pics of it! Is it the 30mm springs? No other mods? How do you like the stock exhaust, do I really need to switch it out in a Spyder? I swapped exhaust once on my first R8 V8 and ruined the entire car. It was a Quicksilver exhaust and it sound so loud it was totally obnoxius..

Are u going to get drunk and pissed next year when the updated one comes out?

This time I already know there will be a facelift so no, I don't think so, lol!

This. Such an awesome car, congrats on the purchase! Digging the sound of the options so far! Black exterior; I like it already :icon_super:

Thanks! I was against black (never owned a black car since they suck at keeping clean and hide the lines) but I think the V10 Spyder will look good in white!

POS :fgay:

the perfect girls car ;) lol

Comming from Mr. No Show......

Did you ever look at an R8 GT?

V10 spider is still a very cool car. Congrats!

Yeah, but I don't want to pay the 100K extra for it..

R8 GT is ugly

Congrats slowpoke, the spyder is the way to go!

Thanks!

So whose performate is parked next to you bee-em?

:eusa_shhh: :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats! That's a big move. Can't wait to see it!

Thanks Tony!

This. Cant wait for the drunk rant and untimely trade-in to "punish" (lol) Audi. But for now congrats.

Well, I want to add a disclaimer if they do more than rear/front lights and navi updates = then I will be PISSED....

Cool, but are you sure you didn't want to wait for the facelift? I don't think it's just going to be the front/rear tail lights. I think the gearbox update is a given, as is the moderate power bump. Center console will also probably change to the little touchpad/dial thing. Also, rear bumper on the facelift will be circular like the GT I believe, but without the vertical cut-out things.

Here are the pictures I saw on 6speed:

2013-audi-r8-facelift-spy-shots_100387592_l.jpg

2013-audi-r8-facelift-spy-shots_100387597_l.jpg

2013-audi-r8-spyder-facelift-spy-shots_100387214_l.jpg

Have you see a black R8 with the GT rear lights? I also thought about updating to the GT lights because they looked good, but then I thought they might only look good on the GT with the titanium mid-rear bumper color. I have the old V8 and I've been throwing around the idea of updating some of the looks to V10, but whenever I look at one of the first pictures I saw of a black R8, I think it looks too sweet and decide not to. The only thing I wish I could change are the materials of the plastic slats in the front/back to the V10 gloss plastic. It looks like the update my finally bring those along. Also the rear fog light because it doesn't come on US cars.

I see now in your sig that you have one, awesome! No mods?

:turboalex:

GTR? What? :icon_oak: Wheels are dark on the inside and silver on the outside, new style rimZ are nice!

Thank you Sir!

Please do post some pics of it! Is it the 30mm springs? No other mods? How do you like the stock exhaust, do I really need to switch it out in a Spyder? I swapped exhaust once on my first R8 V8 and ruined the entire car. It was a Quicksilver exhaust and it sound so loud it was totally obnoxius..

This time I already know there will be a facelift so no, I don't think so, lol!

Thanks! I was against black (never owned a black car since they suck at keeping clean and hide the lines) but I think the V10 Spyder will look good in white!

Comming from Mr. No Show......

coming from mr passed out at 11am outside at the fountainbleau :lol2: