I just ordered a R8 Spyder

TRANSAMERA

Cool, but are you sure you didn't want to wait for the facelift? I don't think it's just going to be the front/rear tail lights. I think the gearbox update is a given, as is the moderate power bump. Center console will also probably change to the little touchpad/dial thing. Also, rear bumper on the facelift will be circular like the GT I believe, but without the vertical cut-out things.

Yeah, that is very possible, but it is still 50K more for the new model and I want my car now. I will flip it after summer and buy an Aventador for next year..

About the taillights, go for it, they will look extra good on a black car, trust me! Cheap to!

time zone change!

:turboalex:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! Looking forward to see some pics & a review.

Thanks! :)

$50K more? I thought you were ordering new anyway. Did you get a killer deal on a new one or something?

Yeah, I got a nice deal on a barely used demo (owner of Audi dealership) :icon_thumleft: One of the perks of loosing 30K on a RS5 in 2 months....

Excellent, slow! I went back and forth between the R8 and 560 for so damn long that it started to hurt my brain, lol.

Enjoy in good bro and post pics ASAP!

• 2 weeks later...
So far I've ordered R8 GT taillights, supersprint exhaust, H&R springs and spacers, now if the frikkin car just would arrive..............

The ever so dreaded wait.......... :tyson:

Awesome!

They fucked it up.........

Exhaust has arrived, lowering springs and spacers as well as the R8 GT taillights but still no frikkin car :(

On the other hand, they gave me a pretty cool loaner, a R8 V10 coupe in red with silver blades which I must admit looks awesome! To bad it is manual though, I honestly can't believe how someone buys a manual exotic car, shit sucks...

Sick red r8! How much longer till your spyder comes in?

btw, what is that brick building? aparment/condos? where are you from?

Sick red r8! How much longer till your spyder comes in?

btw, what is that brick building? aparment/condos? where are you from?

They say tomorrow..... Haven't been this excited for a car since I got my Superleggera 3 years ago :icon_mrgreen:

First pic is outside my office, very nice building from the 18th century fully restored, second pic is my garage at home, I am from planet Earth.

They fucked it up.........

Exhaust has arrived, lowering springs and spacers as well as the R8 GT taillights but still no frikkin car :(

On the other hand, they gave me a pretty cool loaner, a R8 V10 coupe in red with silver blades which I must admit looks awesome! To bad it is manual though, I honestly can't believe how someone buys a manual exotic car, shit sucks...

I can't believe how someone buys an automated manual transmission in 2012, shit sucks...

I can't believe how someone buys an automated manual transmission in 2012, shit sucks...

I have a dualclutch car as well :icon_butt: :icon_butt: :icon_butt: This is the first time I drive a stickshift performance car since I got my SuperG in -08, it truly is CRAP to use daily..

;)

20490941.jpg

HAHAHAHA

Touche :icon_thumleft:

Yes. Big time.

Care to elaborate more....? I have been looking for a manual only in my car seatch. The auto flappy paddles that much better? Buddy took me out in his V8 R8 last night and the auto tranny seemed boring. Maybe you are just too old man!!! haha

Care to elaborate more....? I have been looking for a manual only in my car seatch. The auto flappy paddles that much better? Buddy took me out in his V8 R8 last night and the auto tranny seemed boring. Maybe you are just too old man!!! haha

Either that or his vagina gets in the way of his left leg trying to manipulate the clutch pedal.....

Sure a manual may suck for driving in stop and go traffic, but how you think its garbage for an exotic is blasphemy!

Either that or his vagina gets in the way of his left leg trying to manipulate the clutch pedal.....

Sure a manual may suck for driving in stop and go traffic, but how you think its garbage for an exotic is blasphemy!

A manual transmission is idiotic, all this "I want to feel connected to car BS" is so old and annoying.. Why shift yourself when you can have a superior and much much faster paddle to do it for you? Why kill your left leg in traffic and when cruising when you can kickback and let the car do it for you? Don't get me wrong, I love the dualclutch tech and I wish the G's and R8's had it but they don't but I still can't fathom why someone wants a slower shifting car and miss out on revmatching downshifts (and don't give me that you can do it yourself bullshit) that sounds so insane with a V10 behind you.

I just turned 30, I look like 25 and I party like a rockstar :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

The tranny in the V8 is not the same as in the V10. Think 06 Gallardo versus LP560.

Start searching for a R-Tronic, thank me later.