I just ordered a R8 Spyder

TRANSAMERA

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White looks good, Leadfoot. I'm always a bit jealous of white V10 cars because they offer than nice contrast with the rear bumper which I can't get with my black car. Thought about wrapping it, but then I'd need to change the bumpers too. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle give how seldom I'm around to use it.

You got a pretty good price on the canards. While $800 is still expensive for something so small, it's a lot cheaper than I've seen the OEM stuff sell for. OEM GT parts are crazy expensive. I think the canards were like $2500.

Have you thought about changing the chrome grill to black? It's 50/50 I guess. Some like it, some don't. I'm more partial to the V8 black grill with chrome border.

I agree, the white does look good, Brian what car are you thinking about wrapping?

Jirre,

I drove the car about a month before I put the springs on. The ride was unbelievable before the springs--it's still very good after. I can only compare it now to the Superleggeras and Aventador, and though worlds better than those cars, not as "gliding" smooth as before. The roads in Atlanta are quite good, so I don't notice any difference on the main roads, but secondary roads are noticeable. I still love the look enough to compromise a little on the ride comfort. I just can't believe the handling capabilities of this car. Exit the highway at twice the speed you feel you should, set the car, stay constant on the gas, and the car just pulls around the corner without any drama whatsoever. No understeer push like the Lambos....

I got the Canards from a guy in Germany. He is on R8Talk and I paid $800 for them. I think he can make more if you are interested. Here is a pic of them on a black car (the Canards are gloss, not matte like on the GT...):

post-24272-1338472179_thumb.jpg

post-24272-1338472162.jpg

Love the Batman pic...

I need an Ironman shirt, here's my license plate...(from Iron Man II)

post-24272-1338472300_thumb.jpg

I just got home from a shorter cruise around town and this car still amazes me, it is like driving a Audi A4 but when you downshift and hear the Lambo roar and take roundabouts as fast as a Lambo you realize Audi really have managed to build the ultimate ride! I love this car!

The suspension feels wonderful, I am very split about lowering it, I know it will look much meaner but I don't know how I will cope without a front lift system and a stiffer ride.. To make it more interesting, my bodyshop have me booked Saturday for the job..... I will get drunk on Friday and make my desiscion then, I think that is the best thing to do, LOL!

Your car is probably the best V10 Spyder I have seen, pure perfection, I wouldn't change a thing! Let me think about the canards for a day or two?

Also, the license plate is pure WIN :)

I love your R8, the rear looks so brutal with the white/black.

Yeah, I miss that contrast on my black car, however, one could wrap/paint it grey and go GT style, we'll see..

Bravo!! LOL. You're the hero Gotham deserves! :lol2: :drunk:

I will rise on July 20th.

:lol2:

Awesome car, buddy, congratulations !

Thanks Hov, appreciate it!

White looks good, Leadfoot. I'm always a bit jealous of white V10 cars because they offer than nice contrast with the rear bumper which I can't get with my black car. Thought about wrapping it, but then I'd need to change the bumpers too. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle give how seldom I'm around to use it.

You got a pretty good price on the canards. While $800 is still expensive for something so small, it's a lot cheaper than I've seen the OEM stuff sell for. OEM GT parts are crazy expensive. I think the canards were like $2500.

Have you thought about changing the chrome grill to black? It's 50/50 I guess. Some like it, some don't. I'm more partial to the V8 black grill with chrome border.

Thanks for the compliment! I have thought of an optic grill. If a used one pops up I'll probably go for it. I'm powder coating the exhaust tips black when I put on the exhaust in the next 2 weeks or so. The OEM GT parts are insane. I had an exec at Audi NA offer to hook me up with a GT rear spoiler---$13K List !!!!! My special discount....$10K!! NO thanks. Found the slightly used ABT one in Qatar for $3K.

I agree, the white does look good, Brian what car are you thinking about wrapping?

I have a black V8 R8. The problem is that the V8 rear bumpers are all one piece, whereas the V10 have the gloss black center area/vanes. So while my car does have a black center that could contrast, IIRC, there are no perfect seams that you could stop the wrap at. If I change out the rear bumper then I have to change the front two as well since again the style of the black grill/vanes is different and it wouldn't match.

There are some benefits of having a V10 grill, such as the glossy black plastic which is easier to keep clean than the textured matte plastic on the V8, but I don't by any means dislike the V8 grill, it's just a lot of effort for the sake of the wrap.

Congrats Slowpoke. R8 is a great looking car and I am sure it rides just as good as it looks. Enjoy in good health (watch the liver..lol)

Congrats Slowpoke. R8 is a great looking car and I am sure it rides just as good as it looks. Enjoy in good health (watch the liver..lol)

Thanks Fadi, appreciate it! The liver got one helluva beating last night but I will keep it in mind :icon_mrgreen:

Still undecided about the damn lowering.... :eusa_think: :eusa_think: :eusa_think:

Thanks Fadi, appreciate it! The liver got one helluva beating last night but I will keep it in mind :icon_mrgreen:

Still undecided about the damn lowering.... :eusa_think: :eusa_think: :eusa_think:

I say no. Mine sits about perfect I think as is. But what do I know.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks kinda gay...

JK. Love it! Honestly not a fan of convertibles but this car pulls it off.

Thanks dude!

Car looks fantastic Jirre!

:turboalex:

Nice office! But do you really need a chimney that big?? :)

Hehe, old factories converted to offices, high ceilings and awesome location by the water :icon_thumleft:

• 1 month later...

Oh yes, I did exactly what you. Striped the car and went for a 1500km roadtrip just to see TDKR (and try to get laid as well of course)

Best car I have ever owned, it is flawless

post-9294-1342950296_thumb.jpg

post-9294-1342950305_thumb.jpg

post-9294-1342950311_thumb.jpg

LOL!

You're lucky you didn't choose the premiere in France, else you drove the whole distance for nothing.

How so? What happened in France?

So badass! Congrats on the amazing pick up. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine! :D

+1 !!!!!