Got stopped by a cop - wasn't doing anything illegal...

cake

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you and your husband swingers?

This is one of the things I love about LP....ya never know where it's gonna go next!

Thanks Porter!!! Have you considered writing fiction for a living?

Brian - no we are not..... I made the trip alone (hubby couldn't go)....

One night went to dinner with my friend and his GF and 6 of their friends. Had a great time. Someone asked how we met, and of course he said we met on the trans-sexual, cross-dressing swinger forum :eusa_naughty: :lol2:

In the end.. fcuk him .. What business does he have to waste your time cause he wants to look at a car.. Go to the car dealer if you wanna see it..

Yes I admit annoying as fcuk.

Only time I didnt mind I asked the cop outright how far the road was clear of cops and he actually told me. Driving down the I 81 to NYC.

Brrrrrrrroooooom.

A bit of a tangent, but so this is a regular occurrence, cops pulling over people who drive exotic cars?

I have certainly been stopped not for doing anything but to have them check the car out. Most guys are cool and they don't hold you up long or they might just pull up next to you. Still others, well.. you know how they are. you will get lovers.. and you will get HATERS. Wut you gonna do? :-D

FYI (you seem to know this but for everyone else) you don't have a duty to inform in pa while carrying! Hell, you can open carry while on foot with no license (pa is the best for firearm laws)

I can understand the car. Some places its considered an extension of your home. Here you can conceal in your car, but you must inform the officer if pulled over.

Can you conceal in PA w/ out a CCW, outside of a car?

I still don't understand the logic behind a state requiring a permit holder to declare a LEGAL weapon at a traffic stop. A law abiding citizen that is willing to declare a weapon at a traffic stop is the same person who is of absolutely no threat to the officer. It's the criminal who isn't carrying legally who is the threat...and the same person who is not going to "declare their weapon."

You also have too many officers who want to disarm a permit holder at the stop...which is the only thing dumber than actually declaring in the first place. Every time a loaded weapon is handled (i.e. - removed from holster and unloaded) there is the opportunity for negligent discharge. Especially, when the weapon is handled by someone who doesn't know the in's and out's of the particular firearm.

I've probably been pulled over a half a dozen times with a loaded weapon on me and not once have I even considered telling the officer. FYI - in MN we are not required to do so.

I can understand the car. Some places its considered an extension of your home. Here you can conceal in your car, but you must inform the officer if pulled over.

Can you conceal in PA w/ out a CCW, outside of a car?

No, you cannot.

I still don't understand the logic behind a state requiring a permit holder to declare a LEGAL weapon at a traffic stop. A law abiding citizen that is willing to declare a weapon at a traffic stop is the same person who is of absolutely no threat to the officer. It's the criminal who isn't carrying legally who is the threat...and the same person who is not going to "declare their weapon."

You also have too many officers who want to disarm a permit holder at the stop...which is the only thing dumber than actually declaring in the first place. Every time a loaded weapon is handled (i.e. - removed from holster and unloaded) there is the opportunity for negligent discharge. Especially, when the weapon is handled by someone who doesn't know the in's and out's of the particular firearm.

I've probably been pulled over a half a dozen times with a loaded weapon on me and not once have I even considered telling the officer. FYI - in MN we are not required to do so.

The reason for doing it, I'm sure, is that it becomes a charge the police can put on people and use leverage with should it be discovered. Not really the case with your upstanding citizen, but more likely to assist with the people you described.

Another reason is placement. Let's say that you need to go into the glove box for registration an dthat's where the gun is, an informed officer is going to be less over-reactive than a surprised one. Also, by telling the police you have one on you, you would, by your definition, jump into the law abiding category. That would most likely give you some creidbility points with the officer(s). I know they have always thanked me multiple times everytime I've told them.

I had been pulled over 3 times in a year driving one of my custom hot rods (a hearse actually) for a glowing blue light in the back. The lights were dim l.e.d.s from the amplifiers and was barely noticeable. I chalked it up to curiousity and played nice. (no ccw to deal with however). 2 out of the 3 times, several cop cars showed up to see my hot rod hearse. Always just given a warning and I was accomodating by giving a "tour" of the car to the ones that asked.

Long story short, I was showing off a little on the way back from a car show. Nothing crazy but a ticketable offense none the less (I spun the tires a little from a stoplight). Sure enough I get pulled over. As it turns out, it was one of the previous officers that remembered me from before. I suspect it was my good attitude from privous dealing that kept me from getting a ticket.

Not sure how I would have felt if I was female though.

Seems to me the logic is that it prevents an accidental shooting by avoiding "surprises".

Today I was at the track instructing two groups: in the morning a gov't subcontractor with folks going to Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. We taught them some road skills and other moves that might help if they get into a sticky situation. Amongst the instructors are two retired cops and an active duty cop.

I told them the story and asked if I should have declared my weapon. Basically - they all reacted the same. They were shocked that the cop suggested I let him drive in exchange for no ticket. Eyebrows shot up at that one (even though he was joking)! They also said to declare is a courtesy that is really appreciated - especially if when I go to get my license/reg they might see it. If they run the registration they can't cross check carry permits, but if they run your license it automatically tells them if you have CCP (in PA). Good to know!

They also suggested at night, turning on interior lights in addition to hands on the steering wheel as they approach. I knew about hands on the wheel. Never thought about turning on the light.

I've decided if there's a next time I will likely declare my weapon. Of all the resulting "evils" that could follow - it's the lesser.

Off topic - the afternoon group was YPO (young presidents org) - 7 guys. They all had nice DD but most wanted to use the track's cars except for two: a BMW M6 auto/paddles and an Audi R8 V10 stick. I REALLY liked the R8. GREAT car! M6 tranny had a lag in auto mode - it was annoying. In paddle shift mode much better. R8 was all around a great car.

Spent 11.5 hours at the track. Today was a GOOD day :)

Take my advice on this one.... TELL THEM... Required or not....

If you don't, and they see it, you're very likely to get a gun shoved in your face.... And when guns get shoved in peoples faces, they tend to go off in people's faces.

If you tell them up front, then they know you're one of the good guys up front.... They may ask you where it is, and tell you not to mess with it during the stop. But thats usually the extent of it...

hotties in lambo getting pulled over? surely this isn't your first :)

my gf got that also in her maserati.

it must be unnerving to say the least. it's another reason to get tinted window - privacy goes a long way.

This won't work, I got followed for a long time and in the end pulled for doing nothing, the excuse was that the cop thought my tint was a bit dark but eventually admited that was an excuse and just wanted to look at my car.

I had been pulled over 3 times in a year driving one of my custom hot rods (a hearse actually) for a glowing blue light in the back. The lights were dim l.e.d.s from the amplifiers and was barely noticeable. I chalked it up to curiousity and played nice. (no ccw to deal with however). 2 out of the 3 times, several cop cars showed up to see my hot rod hearse. Always just given a warning and I was accomodating by giving a "tour" of the car to the ones that asked.

Long story short, I was showing off a little on the way back from a car show. Nothing crazy but a ticketable offense none the less (I spun the tires a little from a stoplight). Sure enough I get pulled over. As it turns out, it was one of the previous officers that remembered me from before. I suspect it was my good attitude from privous dealing that kept me from getting a ticket.

Not sure how I would have felt if I was female though.

Cool!

Let's see some pictures of the hearse!!

Cool!

Let's see some pictures of the hearse!!

I sold it a few years ago. The guy who bought it from me made that youtube video right after he brought it home. The whining is a gear driven camshaft (just to sound different)

The paint was made to look like real granite. The subwoofers behind the theatrical flames are 24" in diameter. Not the best sound quality, but bass so low and loud it would wake the dead. (ok pun intended)

TopCarbon actually took a ride in it. I could tell it wasn't his cup of tea, but he was very polite about the whole thing.

The 2nd owner in AZ sold it to a guy in FL who kind of hacked it up (there are other vids with shitty neon lights and other crap).

Last I heard it was sold again to a guy in IL who is trying to get it back to the way I had originally built it.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Last night I took the Lambo to opening night at the car show. Over 2000 cars - it was packed.

I stayed several feet back most of the night. Everyone was very respectful and I enjoyed watching the smiles and hearing comments. Very few sought me out to ask questions.

One guy walks over to me and says - "That's your car - do you remember me?". I'm looking at him, but no.....don't remember him.

He says, "Think hard. A few nights back" (as several friends stand within earshot I think wow - THAT'S a loaded statement).

Then - I REMEMBER!! Officer Wolfe! - the guy who pulled me over a few weeks ago - hence this thread. He laughed, so did I.

Yeah, this guy sounds dodgy as fcuk

Officer Wolfe is a tad on the creepy side

Officer Wolfe is a tad on the creepy side

I agree. Gonna try and steer clear of him.