3D Televisions

Redlambo

I ended up getting a Panasonic 60" st60. Ran slides for 100hrs and calibrated with spears and munsil blu-ray. I'm completely blown away by the contrast and PQ. Plus I love the lighting uniformity (unlike the previous edge-lit LCD). I don't game, so this set fits me perfectly.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ended up getting a Panasonic 60" st60. Ran slides for 100hrs and calibrated with spears and munsil blu-ray. I'm completely blown away by the contrast and PQ. Plus I love the lighting uniformity (unlike the previous edge-lit LCD). I don't game, so this set fits me perfectly.

:icon_thumleft:

Remember to leave at least 6" behind (preferably 8"+) and 3" per side so it can dissipate heat properly. This will ensure its long service life.

• 1 month later...
Anyone own this? http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN75F7100AFXZA any thoughts on it, except that VCR hates it?

I looked at this one before buying the Sharp 90" last month and it did have a slightly better picture than the 90" in my opinion. Slightly deeper blacks and a better interpretation of reds.

But it wasn't enough to make me give up the size advantage, and a month later I'm very happy with the decision.

The Sammy 75 was very sharp though, no doubt about it.

I'm moving into a new apartment with the gf here soon and looking to upgrade my old ass 57" Mitsubishi DLP (from 2006) to a newer Panasonic plasma. Don't really care about 3D - looking at the S60 model in 60." I honestly even thought about downsizing to a 50", but then.... :lol2: I can't downsize! Either 60 or 65, I'm hoping to find a killer deal...

I picked up a Panasonic GT60 I think it was...not sure, it was the 60" plasma...I thought about getting LED, but I noticed that after 50", the LED strips are seriously visible when watching the TV and seeing the 'lines' go across bothered the hell out of me. I think larger than 50", plasma seems to be the best thing to do...Panasonic had the highest ratings, but I think they might be cancelling them..not sure. If I had to go LED, Samsung 8000 seemed to be the best.

One thing I did notice is component cables and lower aren't able to be hooked in at all..it's HDMI only. Also portable harddrives seem to have an issue plugging in, whether 2.5 or 3.5" so I'm trying to figure that out as well.

Plus the games are fun, and if you have an android, you can control the tv with your phone as well...incase you lose the remote.

Plus the games are fun, and if you have an android, you can control the tv with your phone as well...incase you lose the remote.

or an Iphone