Bicycle Stuff

suzukidave

heres a link to some helmet cam footage of me getting my ass kicked last weekend. Top section gps was about 25mph most of the time, bottom section 30 mph

was that a screw that causes the flat?

I dont know anything about biking but wouldnt that course be better suited for a timed race?

it looks like before the flat you catch up to one guy but cant pass him so your just following behind till you get a flat.

Pretty cool footage. You were cooking there for a while...those cameras have a hard time picking up how technical the trails can be but you were flying right along. Sucks about the flat...did you have any sealant or was the hole too big? In any event, cool video!

Awesome video Dave. Knowing how well you ride a wheely I figured you would just pop up the front wheel and ride the whole course that way ;)

Sucks you had so much trouble but you were hung up on traffic most of the time anyway. Awesome vid man!

was that a screw that causes the flat?

I dont know anything about biking but wouldnt that course be better suited for a timed race?

it looks like before the flat you catch up to one guy but cant pass him so your just following behind till you get a flat.

You are racing over pretty sharp rocks, mostly pool ball to softball sized. The video doesnt really capture how rocky it is. The front tire got cut, plugged it the first time (running tubeless), then put a tube in it the 2nd time.

Its a strange kind of race, where they let everybody go together. Most of em are timed, and you go one at a time to avoid the bottlenecks.

You are racing over pretty sharp rocks, mostly pool ball to softball sized. The video doesnt really capture how rocky it is. The front tire got cut, plugged it the first time (running tubeless), then put a tube in it the 2nd time.

that makes more sense. In the video when you inspect the cut I seen something that was a different colour then the tire. I just thought it was a screw.

To a non mountian biker that video seems to show it pretty darn rocky. :)

Nice vid. Looks like dry conditions out west... any info on the trail?

I haven't been filming this year but I did make this video last summer.

I averaged around 24mph and hit a max of 31mph.

watch in HD!

Trail info:

Brown County State Park

Nashville, Indiana

Hesitation Point

cool vid....looks like a blast!

what kind of bike?

I have a ton of OG vintage bmx stuff im looking to unload if your PK needs some friends :)

What set up are you riding?...if you are up in Norcal sometime..we can do Downieville...fun times!

southern New Mexico. Cloudcroft to be exact. This particular race is in my local area. It was a Super D, 12 miles long. The bike I was riding is a Intense Uzzi, with a Totem 40mm fork. I also have a Intense M9 for the full downhill races

southern New Mexico. Cloudcroft to be exact. This particular race is in my local area. It was a Super D, 12 miles long. The bike I was riding is a Intense Uzzi, with a Totem 40mm fork. I also have a Intense M9 for the full downhill races

Nice rides!

There is nothing more frustrating than catching slower rides who refuse to let you by. Like hey buddy, if i caught you, you're already off my pace by 30 seconds, let it go.

Back in the Snow Summit days I lost a race by less than a second and was held up by a slower rider for quite some time, livid was a fcuking understatement. One of the main reasons I moved to semi-pro from expert, you don't get all the dildos that are horrifically off the pace but just wanted to ride the big course. If you're 30 seconds off the winner without crashing, you need to go back to Sport.

I don't ride MTB too much anymore. Thinking about taking my big boy license back. This is how I get down from two weeks ago...

Very cool vid Dave! That was an awesome trail, albeit very rocky. Mtb is one of my favorite sports for sure...the amount of adrenaline is almost unmatched by any other sports out there.