On way to buy 2006 Gallardo right now

BrianLambo

Congrats on the car. I think im more sad to see it go then Kevin is. Ive had much seat time in that car!

and whatever you do, dont drive it all the way home with the lift up! :P

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Kevin! I appreciate it... On 70 W now!

Hey guys I just picked up the car. got pulled over in the first 10 minutes for not having a lic plate lol... the cop was nice...he took a look at the car then let me go on my way...

Check engine light 6 – 10 just came on... Thought we had that issue resolved, apparently not though..should I be concerned?

Don't worry about it, you can clear it by just driving the car or by turning the ignition key on and off at least five times. Sometimes this happens if the car has sat a long time in between uses. But you should be on 70E if going to FL.......unless going thru Cincy.

Thanks Scotty yes just curious... Taking 75 S back home... But crazy art is check engine light 1-5 jus came on also ! Both are currently on! Nothing to worry about???

Do you have test pipes in the car? You should not be driving unless you understand WHY the check engine light is one.

Most newer cars will throw the light on to tell you there is an issue that is most of the the time minor but you driving across country need to know if its a small thing or big thing. The car can't talk, it can only signal what its programmed for.

If it makes you feel any better, if you start to see the check engine light FLASH, then you need to stop immediately. Most newer OBD cars are setup to have different levels of check engine lights with the flashing being the most extreme.

If your with the guy with who Carlos is with right now, (which I would bet you) then I can take a look at your car when you get back in town. PMing you now to keep it off the boards.

Thanks Scotty yes just curious... Taking 75 S back home... But crazy art is check engine light 1-5 jus came on also ! Both are currently on! Nothing to worry about???

Happens to me all the time, ran it into Evans the first few times....told me he could reset it every time or just ride it out. I notice it happens a lot with the car sitting for a few weeks and with older gas. Fresh gas and a few restarts and it goes away.

If it makes you feel any better, if you start to see the check engine light FLASH, then you need to stop immediately. Most newer OBD cars are setup to have different levels of check engine lights with the flashing being the most extreme.

Flashing check engine light just means the code is happening RIGHT NOW.

Agreed Turbo50Mike, when its flashing it probably means its misfiring at that moment in time for most cars. If it just comes on it stays solid it could numerous different items or even a failed system check.

Wouldn't be a proper introduction to lambo ownership if it didn't catch on fire a cel didn't fire up on the first day of ownership.

Thanks Kevin it was great to meet you on Friday also. Good luck with that Murci search!

I'm back home in South Florida drove straight through. All in all it took about 21 hours with a few stops for food, gas, to stretch, etc. Got pulled over 4 times on the way back for license plate (it was in the back window because I didn't have screws to bolt it on) but all of the cops were cool and mainly just wanted to look at the car. Didn't get any tickets.

Haven't stopped driving the car since I got back to Florida on Saturday morning. About to head now to get registration handled. Thanks everybody I need my Lambo Owner title now!

Thanks guys just need to get these CEL's resolved they are driving me crazy. It's the same routine everytime first 6-10 comes on and about 20 minutes later 1-5 comes on. After a few restarts they reset but come right back after a day or so of driving. Can anyone help me diagnose this and resolve it? I know it's common but I know there's been a few that have fixed the problem. I would love to get this fixed also! Thanks in advance.

Can anyone help me diagnose this and resolve it?

Buy a $25 pepboys OBDII code reader and google the results. I wouldn't be comfortable driving around with mystery codes, especially when figuring out what's causing it is so easy.

Buy a $25 pepboys OBDII code reader and google the results. I wouldn't be comfortable driving around with mystery codes, especially when figuring out what's causing it is so easy.

Bought a $60 Pep Boys OBD II reader and it's the same common codes everyone is getting on 2006's which I knew already. It's P1426 and P0437. Just haven't found the solution yet.

Is there a reason you haven't taken it to the dealer?

Yes because I already know the codes and want to hear from others who have resolved the problem on what they did so I can point the dealer or shop in the right direction. Many have had the same CEL's and gotten them resolved specifically on 2006's.

Ive got some codes for you.... Tighten your gas cap... Your chin strap.... Your jock strap and your Depends, because you're in for a bumpy ride.

Ive got some codes for you.... Tighten your gas cap... Your chin strap.... Your jock strap and your Depends, because you're in for a bumpy ride.

:eusa_think: :icon_mrgreen: