How small the world is

Allan-Herbie

And funny how well our memory functions.. Today I was standing in my building, and in walks a guy and appoaches me. As he begins to talk I take notice that somthing seemed to be familiar about him. As he is inquiring as to whether Id be interested in leasing any of my parking space out, I interupt and tell him for some odd reason I find him familar. After a short akward silence, we both blurt out each others name. The last I saw this guy, I was 12. I just found it shocking that after 30yrs, two scrawny 12yr olds could instantly identify one another after 30yrs of aging, and atleast in my case no thought of the other since. We had gone to middle school together.

And before it starts, no gay jokes fruitcups.. His sister btw, is Jami Gertz, some of you my aged may remember her.

And funny how well our memory functions.. Today I was standing in my building, and in walks a guy and appoaches me. As he begins to talk I take notice that somthing seemed to be familiar about him. As he is inquiring as to whether Id be interested in leasing any of my parking space out, I interupt and tell him for some odd reason I find him familar. After a short akward silence, we both blurt out each others name. The last I saw this guy, I was 12. I just found it shocking that after 30yrs, two scrawny 12yr olds could instantly identify one another after 30yrs of aging, and atleast in my case no thought of the other since. We had gone to middle school together.

And before it starts, no gay jokes fruitcups.. His sister btw, is Jami Gertz, some of you my aged may remember her.

If his sister is Jamie gertz, I went to school with his cousin....

Where did you go to school?

UofA but she was from Chicago

Damn, that IS a small world, especially on the West Coast.

Amazing when things like that happen.

I once ran into my elementary school principal from Sandy, Utah while taking a piss in a restroom in Schwangau, Germany while visiting Neuschwanstein Castle.

couldn't believe it.

I also ran into a childhood friend while walking in downtown Manhattan years back. Just saw him crossing a street...yelled out his name. Sure enough it was him. He ran over,said hi..talked about the odds of seeing each other and then got back to our days.

It is a VERY small world.

I grew up in a town of 18,000 in Northen British columbia...

While on holiday London England, 15 hours away by plane, my parents and I bumped into a couple at a play who where clients of my dad...who by pure fluke were vacationing in london. (same time, same city, same play! what are the odds???)

A woman I know ran into a friend of hers she hasn't seen in 15 years, since college. They exchanged pleasantries and decided to exchange numbers.. turns out both married two different guys with the same unusual last name.

A woman I know ran into a friend of hers she hasn't seen in 15 years, since college. They exchanged pleasantries and decided to exchange numbers.. turns out both married two different guys with the same unusual last name.

Damn...first two sentences I thought this was going to be a lesbian story...last sentence left me feeling disappointed

So cool to read these stories, I use to live in Chicago area myself as a kid, man it would blow me away to run into old friends so long and far away.

Damn...first two sentences I thought this was going to be a lesbian story...last sentence left me feeling disappointed

A woman I know ran into a friend of hers she hasn't seen in 15 years, since college. They exchanged pleasantries and decided to exchange numbers.. turns out both married two different guys with the same unusual last name. are lesbians. 69.

Now please don't disappoint us, we need those "Rob and hot girl friends.jpg" attachements :)

A woman I know ran into a friend of hers she hasn't seen in 15 years, since college. They exchanged pleasantries and decided to exchange numbers.. turns out both married two different guys with the same unusual last name. are lesbians. 69.

Now please don't disappoint us, we need those "Rob and hot girl friends.jpg" attachements :)

I can't wait for the "Porter" version to come out. Thread might be called, "Ran into college friend and her lesbian lover - threesome ensued - need advice"

It'll probably involve at least one cop, one handgun, a hot car....and Porter will convert the ladies back to man-lovers who will stalk him endlessly....

Nice story Allan.

Took a class recently in Greenville, SC which is about 3 hours from here and one of the guys in there said his uncle lived in NYC.

Casually I ask where from, and sure enough we kept narrowing down from borough to neighborhood to streets and it turned out his uncle lives literally around the corner from my parent's house and knows my dad.

So it was weird thinking all of these years I lived there I never saw him, and I get acquainted in the middle of nowhere.

World is way too small indeed. The day will come when Allan runs into an online foe in person far, far away from a car event. :icon_mrgreen:

I once ran into my elementary school principal from Sandy, Utah while taking a piss in a restroom in Schwangau, Germany while visiting Neuschwanstein Castle.

couldn't believe it.

I also ran into a childhood friend while walking in downtown Manhattan years back. Just saw him crossing a street...yelled out his name. Sure enough it was him. He ran over,said hi..talked about the odds of seeing each other and then got back to our days.

It is a VERY small world.

These are crazy stories indeed!!

Interestingly enough, I also remember the face and name of my elementary school principle very well. It'd be a trip to run into him anywhere, let alone Germany. :lol2:

It happened to me today. Had a girl come to me looking for a job. So I was reading through her CV and see she has just arrived in London from my home town (in Australia). After a saw her referee, it turns out she was the PA to my high school home class teacher (he had left teaching 7 years ago).

Sydney, 2008 I hooked up with a chick from Peru that now lived in Hawaii on her last night in the city. I asked another tourist to take a snap of the both of us and he turned out to be the girls brother in law's brother, out there with his concubine hahaha!

Barcelona last month, we found out a client of my Dad's that we met, used to travel to a local town in England and deal with my uncle (Dad's older brother) some 40 years ago.

A few weeks ago I spotted a couple of people hanging around our gates at around midnight. Went to investigate as you do and they were from the local council's environmental agency investigating the light pollution from my asshole neighbours spotlights. After a minute or so of questions one of them and myself pointed at the other and said each others names exactly like Allan. We went to school together 12 years ago!

My fiance's cousin just got married and moved to Australia, same city and within 10 mins of me. The cousins new father-in-law used to be in school with my mum in Zimbabwe 50 years ago!

With today's ease of travel, you can jump on a plane within 30 mins and the fact that people are only a phone call, skype, email, txt or whatsapp away, the world really is a small place.

Last year I was sitting in the lobby of the local car wash when a smoking hot cheerleader I knew in high school (1983) walked in. Problem was now she is a huge fcuking cow.

Got out of there in a hurry. Nothing small about the world on that day :icon_mrgreen:

Last year I was sitting in the lobby of the local car wash when a smoking hot cheerleader I knew in high school (1983) walked in. Problem was now she is a huge fcuking cow.

Got out of there in a hurry. Nothing small about the world on that day :icon_mrgreen:

Hahaha brilliant!