Performante Weight

DBK

Everything I've read advertises the dry weight at ~1,485 kilos/3,270 lbs. A gallon of fuel weighs about 7 lbs. The tank is about 21 gallons, so you're talking about 75 lbs of fuel half full. We need to add 75 and 3270 and see what we come up with. Carry the one, minus the 3, divide by 5...nope, that definitely does not equal 3,750. :lol: Even if it was full of fuel, it's still nowhere in the ballpark of 3,270 + 200.

It's not a big deal, I just find it funny. It's the same as the Aventador having a "curb weight" of 3,470 and then having it show up at 4,042 on a real scale.

You are forgetting the other fluids: Oil, Transmission, Differential, Coolant, Brake, and Windshield washer fluid.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny, even though I own both, you guys are simply pro-Lambo, yet not one has shown any test results for the Performante.

I have driven the same stretch in both cars, and marked spots on the freeway, the Scuderia hits a higher speed every time.

Until I see a time slip, or test, I will stick with my facts, and you guys stick to your biased opinions.

So we wont be seeing that video of you running them both I guess? You better stick with Playstation..

So we wont be seeing that video of you running them both I guess? You better stick with Playstation..

LOL, whatever, the Performante is in Lynnwood, Wa. right now. It is being traded on the Blue 670-4 SV. Feel free at your leisure to call Jonathan Cat's, he has met me and seen both cars, he has my Performante right now actually.

I am strictly a logic guy, there is a comparison with the Murcie, Viper, ZR1 and a SL65 Black Series, all of them are around 11.6-11.7 at 125 + MPH. There is a video on youtube of a rolling race between a Performante and a SL65 Black Series. The Black Series destroyed the Performante.

You are also forgetting the Scud's F1 Superfast transmission is miles ahead of the E-Gear, even in Corsa mode. That makes a difference in acceleration runs.

What do you own BTW?

Guest MOSS
LOL, whatever, the Performante is in Lynnwood, Wa. right now. It is being traded on the Blue 670-4 SV. Feel free at your leisure to call Jonathan Cat's, he has met me and seen both cars, he has my Performante right now actually.

I am strictly a logic guy, there is a comparison with the Murcie, Viper, ZR1 and a SL65 Black Series, all of them are around 11.6-11.7 at 125 + MPH. There is a video on youtube of a rolling race between a Performante and a SL65 Black Series. The Black Series destroyed the Performante.

You are also forgetting the Scud's F1 Superfast transmission is miles ahead of the E-Gear, even in Corsa mode. That makes a difference in acceleration runs.

What do you own BTW?

This is too funny. Especially the last question to Allan. I'm going to make another educated guess here, Mattyrae came from Ferrari-Chat. : )

I'm not saying anything about the performante, what I am saying is there is no way a scud will do low 11's....

I actually think Mattyrae's posts are logical and make sense...in theory.

I've never raced one against the other, so I don't know how they stack up, but from the numbers alone (assuming they are accurate), it does seem like the Scud would be faster. Now if it actually is or not, I don't know and I also know that numbers don't tell the whole story, but.....looking at them anyway....

Performante:

3800 lbs / 570 hp = 6.6 lbs/hp

Scuderia:

3200 lbs / 503 hp = 6.3 lbs/hp

That's not taking the much faster shifting tranny into consideration of the Scuderia.

It's too bad you never got a side by side video of both when you had them.

I have to agree with FikseGTS. I have driven several F430, SCUD variations including ones with more power and I would say a high 11 may be possible (maybe) but no where near a low 11. It doesn't have enough power.

I actually think Mattyrae's posts are logical and make sense...in theory.

I've never raced one against the other, so I don't know how they stack up, but from the numbers alone (assuming they are accurate), it does seem like the Scud would be faster. Now if it actually is or not, I don't know and I also know that numbers don't tell the whole story, but.....looking at them anyway....

Performante:

3800 lbs / 570 hp = 6.6 lbs/hp

Scuderia:

3200 lbs / 503 hp = 6.3 lbs/hp

That's not taking the much faster shifting tranny into consideration of the Scuderia.

It's too bad you never got a side by side video of both when you had them.

I can't wait to get the Perf. on the scales to see if it's really that high and I'd also love to see a weight of a 'wet' Scud say 3200!

I can't wait to get the Perf. on the scales to see if it's really that high and I'd also love to see a weight of a 'wet' Scud say 3200!

Right. Keep in mind the numbers I used for the Performante are from the OP's post and the numbers I used for the Scud are from the internet. So my numbers could be way off base, who knows.

Right. Keep in mind the numbers I used for the Performante are from the OP's post and the numbers I used for the Scud are from the internet. So my numbers could be way off base, who knows.

I know. I'd bet a Scud weighs 3550 or so. I'll ask my friend who has one if he's ever had it properly weighed.

Guest MOSS

All I know is I drove a white super p on the track just recently and I loved it all the way around. It is the coolest looking thing as well.

This is too funny. Especially the last question to Allan. I'm going to make another educated guess here, Mattyrae came from Ferrari-Chat. : )

What difference does that make? There are tons of people that F-Chat has alienated. I own the cars, at least until I get the 670-4 SV. Go find something to do with your time, productive.

I ain't making this shit up! State certified scale, last certified the last week of April.

post-823-1337278442_thumb.jpg

I ain't making this shit up! State certified scale, last certified the last week of April.

I believe you, I just want to see multiple weights to get an idea. We'll have it on corner scales soon.

I have to agree with FikseGTS. I have driven several F430, SCUD variations including ones with more power and I would say a high 11 may be possible (maybe) but no where near a low 11. It doesn't have enough power.

All depends on whether LC is used. Also would depend on the road surface, heat in the tires, etc. etc.

I have given two tests, so take the higher test as the gospel, but still, it's 11.6 at 127. My car also has Capristo Headers, and RSC exhaust, so that would make some differnce, as would the paritally finished boot, whether I have accessories in the car, floor mats, 1/2 tank of gas, etc.

The Lamborghini factory quotes the coupe at like 3.2 or 3.4 0-100 kph. They quote the Performante at .005 to .007 higher.

All I can say is that the Performante, to me, feels negligibly slower than a 458, and definitely faster than a 430. It's really the only Gallardo I've ever got out of and not thought "needs more power" immediately.

Guest MOSS
What difference does that make? There are tons of people that F-Chat has alienated. I own the cars, at least until I get the 670-4 SV. Go find something to do with your time, productive.

I am surprised you were alienated from any site. You are such a friendly guy to have around and certainly have a silver tongue for winning friends. :lol2:

I am surprised you were alienated from any site. You are such a friendly guy to have around and certainly have a silver tongue for winning friends. :lol2:

So find a thread I don't post in? Yeah I am the only guy every banned by Ferrari chat. LOL, big deal, I will enjoy driving the SV way more than Rob L. will enjoy banning contributors, that don't enjoy being called out by people with little to no information.

All I can say is that the Performante, to me, feels negligibly slower than a 458, and definitely faster than a 430. It's really the only Gallardo I've ever got out of and not thought "needs more power" immediately.

Depends on how you define "negligibly?" To me, the car felt heavy. It sounds cool, very unique, but I have given 10+ of my guy friends rides, and none of them would chose the Performante over the Scuderia. I can seriously feel the difference in 1/2 second, one of the reasons I am upgrading.

Will be curious to how they feel when the SV arrives.

Guest MOSS
So find a thread I don't post in? Yeah I am the only guy every banned by Ferrari chat. LOL, big deal, I will enjoy driving the SV way more than Rob L. will enjoy banning contributors, that don't enjoy being called out by people with little to no information.

Well, I have had my issues with Rob in the past but in your case he may have had a legit motive based on how you have conducted yourself the short time you have been a member here. Hey but what do I know, like you said in the classified section, I'm just a moron. :icon_mrgreen:

Mattyrae is going to be holding a seminar for our members later today on Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Friends And Influence People On Internet Car Boards"... :icon_mrgreen:

Eassssssssssssssssssssssy Tiger.

Best to slowly offer knowledgeable opinions to this group as a newbie here, work your way in by not being so aggressive at the start.

Later, once you're a known quantity you can feel free to go at it as you are currently. But until that point it's best to tread lightly. :icon_thumleft: