Performante Weight

DBK

So whats faster.... a 458 Ferrari or a Scuderia.....

Hold on, he's getting his mags out and will have the answer soon... :eusa_dance:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A 458. A very well respected F-Chat member who tracks his Scuderia often at Siebring and Daytona says though, the only difference is the launch, that the cars would be very equal from a rolling 30? Just what he says, not agreeing with him.

Hard for him to say this though, because his car is tuned, and has a full straight exhaust, so he is not comparing stock Scuderia with the 458. The 458 is not a light car either, and really depends on how it is spec'd, race seats or power Daytona's, and other options such as lift add or subract quite a bit of weight with the 458.

Mattyrae is going to be holding a seminar for our members later today on Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Friends And Influence People On Internet Car Boards"... :icon_mrgreen:

Eassssssssssssssssssssssy Tiger.

Best to slowly offer knowledgeable opinions to this group as a newbie here, work your way in by not being so aggressive at the start.

Later, once you're a known quantity you can feel free to go at it as you are currently. But until that point it's best to tread lightly. :icon_thumleft:

I actually have high honors in a Dale Carnegie class. Want me to bring it up to Seattle and have Tom take a picture of it for you?

Aggressive from the start? Call me a clown based on a magazine test, then you get what you deserve.

The only contributors here are the guy who posted his actual weight, and me who took the time to add some magazine test result links. All the rest are behaving like children, making comments without any facts, and most without even owning either car.

Well, I have had my issues with Rob in the past but in your case he may have had a legit motive based on how you have conducted yourself the short time you have been a member here. Hey but what do I know, like you said in the classified section, I'm just a moron. :icon_mrgreen:

Sorry, but you are, saying a 2011 Performante is worth 180k wholesale, LOL. Market for 2011's with low miles was 249k, now 243k. So dealers are making 60k on used Performante's with a trade in of 180k? If anyone takes 180k trade in value on a Performante, please, I will give you 185k. Must have gotten that number from Lamborghini Houston, LOL.

Guest MOSS

Mattyrae, you are a genuis! What have I done without your expertise in exotic cars all these years? So you have only run into 1 person that has satisfied your knowledge requirement on this board. That is remarkable! Hey Ferrari chat just called, they have an opening for a super genuis over there and they are willing to reopen your position. :icon_mrgreen:

You've driven both these things right? I'm not out of my mind am I? I honestly couldn't tell you which is faster between a 458 and a Perf up to say a little over 100. I'm sure the 458 is, but it's got to be by a fairly small margin if it's not enough to feel it from inside the car.

Interesting data from R&T: 570SL does same ET but traps higher than 458?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_sit...013afadd860.pdf

You've driven both these things right? I'm not out of my mind am I? I honestly couldn't tell you which is faster between a 458 and a Perf up to say a little over 100. I'm sure the 458 is, but it's got to be by a fairly small margin if it's not enough to feel it from inside the car.

Interesting data from R&T: 570SL does same ET but traps higher than 458?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_sit...013afadd860.pdf

Yes, but that test is for the coupe, which weighs almost 300 lbs. less than the Performante. That's why I spent so much time trying to find a way to equalize the performance of my Performante to the SL coupe. Would have had to add Capristo exhaust, change to 2wd (about 200 lbs. weight loss and increase of 21 bhp) I also inquired to every tuning company, and no one could give me dyno or even hp increases for an SL or Performante. Most of the gains shown on LP's are strictly moving LP550's or LP560's up to the tune of the 570's. Could probably actually get this done at a dealership by buying the techs some coffee and donuts?

Performante has quoted dry weight of 3270 lbs., at 562 bhp or 5.82 lbs / hp. The weight difference alone between the coupe and Performante equates to 300 / 5.82 or 51 hp. That is quite a bit. The Scuderia weighs even less, with only a 59 hp disadvantage, and a quicker shifting transmission, so I am guessing it would be a very close race.

I have driven the 458 twice, 8 laps at Exotic's racing, Scuderia 8 laps at Exotic's racing, plus 1500 miles in my own car, Aventador 8 laps at Exotic's racing, Performante for 400 miles during my brief ownership.

I actually have high honors in a Dale Carnegie class. Want me to bring it up to Seattle and have Tom take a picture of it for you?

Aggressive from the start? Call me a clown based on a magazine test, then you get what you deserve.

The only contributors here are the guy who posted his actual weight, and me who took the time to add some magazine test result links. All the rest are behaving like children, making comments without any facts, and most without even owning either car.

Easy chief. An actual weight compared with a magazine weight is apples and oranges. Needs to be same scale to be truly accurate, but, at the VERY least, an ACTUAL weight. And you can look at my signature to see my 'credentials'.

Easy chief. An actual weight compared with a magazine weight is apples and oranges. Needs to be same scale to be truly accurate, but, at the VERY least, an ACTUAL weight. And you can look at my signature to see my 'credentials'.

Don't have any problem with you.

Don't have any problem with you.

Cool. I'll have the Performante on the scales within 2 weeks and I'll see about snagging a Scud to compare. Shouldn't be too hard.

Cool. I'll have the Performante on the scales within 2 weeks and I'll see about snagging a Scud to compare. Shouldn't be too hard.

Would be cool to have 3 races, one from a roll, say 60-130 or 30-100 or so

1 from a standing start, no lauch control

1 from LC in both cars. To get the Scuderia into L mode, turn off all traction control, and pull the left paddle back until it flashed L.

I assume you know how to activate "thrust" mode on your Performante.

My fault for not racing the Performante when I had it, guess I didn't have a friend I trusted to drive one or the other, and there is only one Scuderia, and one Lambo in my area.

Guest MOSS

One of the great attributes about this board since its inception by Allan ( you probably recognize the name) is that loud mouth arrogant new members never get to stay too long.

One of the great attributes about this board since its inception by Allan ( you probably recognize the name) is that loud mouth arrogant new members never get to stay too long.

So do it!?

I have been a member of Lotus Chat for some time, never had a problem once. Been a member of 6speedonline, never had an issue once. Ferrarilife.com, never had a problem. Clubscuderia, never had a problem. another board, never an issue.

Then comes F-Chat, and guys like you here, hmmm, don't think it's me, might want to look in the mirror there bud, and if this is Allan's site, doesn't really work well to call people posting clowns, especially owners.

You sound like your a part time cop, aren't you late for your evening patrol around the school yard?

So do it!?

I have been a member of Lotus Chat for some time, never had a problem once. Been a member of 6speedonline, never had an issue once. Ferrarilife.com, never had a problem. Clubscuderia, never had a problem. another board, never an issue.

Then comes F-Chat, and guys like you here, hmmm, don't think it's me, might want to look in the mirror there bud, and if this is Allan's site, doesn't really work well to call people posting clowns, especially owners.

You sound like your a part time cop, aren't you late for your evening patrol around the school yard?

Perhaps its time to take a step back from the keyboard, go for a nice drive and relax..

LP users have a thick skin.

Perhaps its time to take a step back from the keyboard, go for a nice drive and relax..

LP users have a thick skin.

Would have probably been the same response on a Ferrari site if I posted I thought the Performante was faster than the Scuderia.

No worries, good idea.

Hey Clown... I just played my XBox... I chose the 458 and I raced not one, but two Scuderias.... The 458 kicked the crap out of both of them. When I speced the 458, I got the nose lift and reg electric seats.. I guess Xbox must be wrong..

Mattyrae,

I think you are putting a lot of trust in magazine times which is one of the issues here. Magazine times are sometimes never duplicated by real life owners, which is why some of the people on here are giving you a hard time. Take for example C&D that piloted the 560 to an 11.2@130. I am almost certain that the only way a stock 560 can hit these times is if it were pushed by a 100 mph tail wind.

Just like the LP560 has gotten some ridiculous fast times from the media, I feel the same way about the Scud going 11.2@127. I hardly doubt any real life owner can duplicate that or come close. I would love to be proven wrong though. I have a bone stock LP560 and I am willing to run a Scuderia. If the Scuderia is really a low 11 sec car that can travel at 127 mph by the end of the 1/4, then it should be able to put 3-4 car lengths on me.

Dwiggs, if you get a Scuderia on your hands and want to meet half way to see how these cars compare, let me know. A 150 mile trip to meet a forum member and beat up on a Scud could be worth it.. :icon_mrgreen:

Hey Clown... I just played my XBox... I chose the 458 and I raced not one, but two Scuderias.... The 458 kicked the crap out of both of them. When I speced the 458, I got the nose lift and reg electric seats.. I guess Xbox must be wrong..

:lol2:

Dwiggs, if you get a Scuderia on your hands and want to meet half way to see how these cars compare, let me know. A 150 mile trip to meet a forum member and beat up on a Scud could be worth it.. :icon_mrgreen:

I wouldn't need to go anywhere as M can drive the Performante we have!! :lol2:

But I appreciate the offer!

I wouldn't need to go anywhere as M can drive the Performante we have!! :lol2:

But I appreciate the offer!

:icon_mrgreen:

Mattyrae,

I think you are putting a lot of trust in magazine times which is one of the issues here. Magazine times are sometimes never duplicated by real life owners, which is why some of the people on here are giving you a hard time. Take for example C&D that piloted the 560 to an 11.2@130. I am almost certain that the only way a stock 560 can hit these times is if it were pushed by a 100 mph tail wind.

Just like the LP560 has gotten some ridiculous fast times from the media, I feel the same way about the Scud going 11.2@127. I hardly doubt any real life owner can duplicate that or come close. I would love to be proven wrong though. I have a bone stock LP560 and I am willing to run a Scuderia. If the Scuderia is really a low 11 sec car that can travel at 127 mph by the end of the 1/4, then it should be able to put 3-4 car lengths on me.

I gave two tests, 11.2 and 11.6. A 458 can hit 11 flat. I am assuming an LP560 Coupe weighs 100 lbs. less than a Performante, not the same test. Would like to see Scuderia vs. Performante. Both cars need to be set on Race mode, and Corsa Mode, as there is a significant difference in shift times between the modes.

I understand the real world really depends a ton on the driver, but I am just for fun sakes comparing the cars, as if they both had driver's with equal skills.

I gave two tests, 11.2 and 11.6. A 458 can hit 11 flat. I am assuming an LP560 Coupe weighs 100 lbs. less than a Performante, not the same test. Would like to see Scuderia vs. Performante. Both cars need to be set on Race mode, and Corsa Mode, as there is a significant difference in shift times between the modes.

I understand the real world really depends a ton on the driver, but I am just for fun sakes comparing the cars, as if they both had driver's with equal skills.

There is one reality here... A Scuderia is a pig...And a 458 isnt going 11 flat... On my Xbox, I tried MULTIPLE times, and best I got was [email protected]