Gallardo Aftermarket Exhaust Comparo Thread | Battle for the BEST SOUND

boochook

LP'ers, ok, I'm doing research as I search for my next G to learn more about the amazing sound that comes out of these beasts. From a stock perspective, I don't think it really represents the breed, but know some good Aftermarket Companies do sell some great set ups. I know I am interested, and not sure about others as I'm sure you all are very well versed and knowledgable as I learn more, what are the best set-ups around. Obviously, two main factors are to avoid any CEL issues/trips to the dealer and warranty void hassle. So that being the case, I thought I'd initiate a thread on this topic as in my initial search on LP didn't find a thread truly dedicated to the topic (one very close to it, but not exactly). So what are your initial thougts?

Here's how I've gathered the contenders, and if there are any missing, please let me know. I'm probably going to look at 04-07 range of Gallardo's for my price point.

Let's discuss Cost, Weight, Experience, any CEL/Mechanical Issues reported to date:

1.) Kreisseig - closest thing to F1 I've actually heard, is that without any high flow cats/cat delete (this one in particular sounds amazing....

).... this one is my personal favorite

2.) Fabspeed set up - has multiple set ups from 04-05 (maxflo only w/ secondary bypass valves but do they cause CEL issues), then 06-08 has Maxflo, Gallardo Sport and Gallardo SuperSport options and throw some race cats (not a cat delete which could cause issues)

3.) Capristo - Not 100% familiar with the specifics on these

4.) Tubi - I see some folks have mixed in Fabspeed Race Cats with this set up

5.) LOC Exhaust - which seems to sound familiar to the Kreisseig, however my understanding is LOC is now out of business so customer support and new exhaust system sales is not possible, again, unless I'm wrong

6.) Any I have missed or am sleeping on?

I hope you all find this thread will be helpful as I will and am looking forward to some feedback/experience.....

Berk

Larini muffler only. I get CEL but the sound is worth it. Heard LOC in person and it was only ok compared to Larini. Owner agreed.

Also it is 08 so they are more sensative to exhaust mods than 04-07.

SP makes a titanium one that is 65 pounds lighter than stock. I have it, the car rotates noticeably better, revs a little faster and you can feel the additional hp especially in the mid range.

No issues with CEL lights.

running Capristo on 560.

you missed RSC, Akrapovic and Quicksilver...im sure there are more and not sure if they all make pre LP models.

I forget at which year the car gets more sensitive to exhaust mods but I think 04-06 won't get any CEL.

Never had a CEL with the Fabspeed cat bypass.

I call the Kreissieg "The sound of happiness." It is like nothing else. Expensive for an exhaust, but the best money I could have ever spent on my Gallardo. I like it so much that the Kreissieg is the only reason I will not tt my Gallardo. If UGR could do it and retain my Kreissieg exhaust, I would send my car to them in a second. It does not work out with their system, so unfortunately my car will not be UGR G. I love Kreissieg that much.

That said, I spoke with Dave at Fabspeed and he seems to have a great operation and knowledge of exhaust tuning for the Lambo's. I would give him a call.

Fluid motorunion? Just stumbled on this tonight. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Sounds good in vid but may be too much in person.

LOC with Fabspeed Cat Bypass pipes. Great quality exhaust. You can get LOC at Lambo Stuff or the new LNB exhaust at Lambo Newport Beach

I've read the the cat bypass pipes with an after market exhaust and specifically the LOC made it a little louder but actually lowered the pitch instead of raising it. It of course shoots flames with the bypass pipes. I have an LOC on my '07 with stock cats and it's plenty loud already and I certainly don't want to lower the pitch because I enjoy the F1 higher pitch sound I get already. Anyone confirm or deny this?

Yeah, saw this a while ago. LOVE the sound, but I am that OBNOXIOUS. HAHA!!!

Fluid motorunion? Just stumbled on this tonight. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Sounds good in vid but may be too much in person.

SWEET MOTHER OF CHAOS!!!! PERFECT!!!!

LOC with Fabspeed Cat Bypass pipes. Great quality exhaust. You can get LOC at Lambo Stuff or the new LNB exhaust at Lambo Newport Beach

Ok, let's talk about 04/05 Gallardo's. What is the best set up with NO CEL issues? LOC Exhaust with stock cats? I'm looking for a high pitch F1 sound (not too crazy loud, but definitely noticeable). Virginia is pretty strict about emissions so I'm thinking cat bypass is OUT OF THE QUESTION, but I would have NO ISSUE with it. :-) Perhaps Sport Cats???

Thanks in advance guys....

berk, you will have to only worry about the visual. but money always talks... or you can do what i did and state my car was garaged in fredericksburg where its emissions exempt even while still a ffx county resident.. hope that helps. good luck on your search and try to get a late build 05 or 06 imo.

Alan - Thanks bud. I will definitely consider the late build 05/06's (curious as to why though if you can elaborate). As for the F-Burg, how did you do that? We can discuss offline of course. :)

berk, you will have to only worry about the visual. but money always talks... or you can do what i did and state my car was garaged in fredericksburg where its emissions exempt even while still a ffx county resident.. hope that helps. good luck on your search and try to get a late build 05 or 06 imo.

Ok, let's talk about 04/05 Gallardo's. What is the best set up with NO CEL issues? LOC Exhaust with stock cats? I'm looking for a high pitch F1 sound (not too crazy loud, but definitely noticeable). Virginia is pretty strict about emissions so I'm thinking cat bypass is OUT OF THE QUESTION, but I would have NO ISSUE with it. :-) Perhaps Sport Cats???

Thanks in advance guys....

i have an 05 with kreissieg. on highway driving, it does throw a CEL for O2 running lean. the CEL can be avoided if i put on quiet mode when going on the freeway. based on what i heard, this is a common problem. i do have a gruppe m intake too so it could be the combo of the mods causing cel.

base on what you are looking for, i recommend either LOC or Kreissieg. the difference is largely in price and manual switching of loud/quiet modes. both are fantastic designs and quality with LOC offering a deeper tone at idle. Ksg has a growl when accelerating. It sounds like it's going to attack and kill Lol...

As for cat replacement, I recommend you keeping the stock cats for emission, noise and cel concerns. with a high flow or catless setup, the sound does deepen a lot. at idle, the car will sound like a nascar, which is a big annoying imo and it attracts even more attention from 5-0. to me, not able to pass smog and having to do something illegal to keep the car operable is just not good. it's not like the car needs to be that loud. yes, there is a thing such as too loud :)

DJ - Thanks for the guidance!!! Exactly what I was looking to understand better. I would really like to figure out why you must be throwing a CEL, meaning is it the Gruppe M intake in combo with the exhaust? Now, what is the price difference b/w LOC and Kreissieg??

i have an 05 with kreissieg. on highway driving, it does throw a CEL for O2 running lean. the CEL can be avoided if i put on quiet mode when going on the freeway. based on what i heard, this is a common problem. i do have a gruppe m intake too so it could be the combo of the mods causing cel.

base on what you are looking for, i recommend either LOC or Kreissieg. the difference is largely in price and manual switching of loud/quiet modes. both are fantastic designs and quality with LOC offering a deeper tone at idle. Ksg has a growl when accelerating. It sounds like it's going to attack and kill Lol...

As for cat replacement, I recommend you keeping the stock cats for emission, noise and cel concerns. with a high flow or catless setup, the sound does deepen a lot. at idle, the car will sound like a nascar, which is a big annoying imo and it attracts even more attention from 5-0. to me, not able to pass smog and having to do something illegal to keep the car operable is just not good. it's not like the car needs to be that loud. yes, there is a thing such as too loud :)