Paypal is a criminal organization

joebiz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paypal, schmaypal. Anybody here ever heard of "Gunpal"? Google that for a nightmare of all nightmares.

LOL! Holy cow, I totally forgot about the GunPal scam of a company!

Lol; I'm dealing with this right now - for $68.10! I've bought and sold under 100 items on eBay lifetime; always used PayPal; pay, get money, withdraw etc. Always small amounts. (100% feedback etc)

I sold something on Sunday, the buyer paid via Paypal; Paypal is holding my money for 21 days!

Some B.S. about my inactive/irregular bidding activity...

F Paypal

Kevin

Paypal is a neccessary evil as mentioned. I sure as hell don't sell anything on it worth much anymore. Anything worth over about $500 goes on Craigs List for cash. Odds are high the buyer will dispute, and Paypal will totally screw you. they will freeze your account or just seize it, the buyer get's to keep whatever you sold them AND they get their money back.

Buyer ALWAYS wins the disputes. SELLER gets screwed. There's NO protection. Don't believe the bullshit.

If I was smart I would just go get some crappy "throw down" checking account at a bank where I don't bank and dont link any account to it.

I once sold a car audio/video system via Paypal for $750. The "buyer" used a stolen credit card or something. Paypal ended up going into my checking account and taking the money out (I don't know who ended up with my money), AND the "Buyer" got my system. Paypal basically told me "too bad, it happens all the time".

Paypal can go suck it.

Are you only concerned about PayPal, or are you worried about credit cards as well? If you are ok with a credit card, you can pick up a card reader for your phone, like square card. I think they charge a percentage as a processing fee, but you could avoid PayPal and he could still "finance" with his card. Of course he can still dispute with his card company...

Credit card companies are regulated banking institutions. You will get a fair shake in a dispute no matter what side you're on. Paypal is just an unregulated middle man. They can do whatever they want, and have no problem screwing you and keeping money that is not theirs, nor is it owned to them.

I received 2 fake transaction emails that looked like a legit paypal email confirming a sending money transaction that never took place. If you get such a look alike email DO NOT OPEN anything through that email.

Yeah, I am out. He can pay cash or he can find another bike. The bike is 9 grand new, he is getting it for 5,550 with zero miles on it. I am not willing to risk it, not at all. Paypal is a fcuking scam of all scams that is perpetrated by eBay now that they own them. I'm done. Too good of a deal for the buyer and he is not flexible so he is going to be out. I don't care if he dings my eBay acct either as it is one I had set up to sell cars on the side, not worried about not completing a sale on a bicycle.

I wouldn't do it also. Since this guy doesn't have the money, he could pay with a paypal or another credit card check. All credit cards seem like they want to issue checks. Have him write one of those checks, let it clear for 2 weeks, and then send the bike. He gets to use his credit, and you are only getting a check that you make sure is good.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Retrieving this from dead and my account lol . I nowadays engineer racecar parts and sell them. I have used Paypal only, and have no user experience of anything else. Anyway when paypal takes over 6% off from invoice payment I have sent, I must look into alternatives. How fast are traditional bank transfers today? Any GOOD and TRIED alternatives for paypal? How much they take from transfer and how much from conversion?

All comments are respected and highly valuated. Thanks in advance!

On 10/4/2020 at 9:39 PM, rmtn said:

Retrieving this from dead and my account lol . I nowadays engineer racecar parts and sell them. I have used Paypal only, and have no user experience of anything else. Anyway when paypal takes over 6% off from invoice payment I have sent, I must look into alternatives. How fast are traditional bank transfers today? Any GOOD and TRIED alternatives for paypal? How much they take from transfer and how much from conversion?

All comments are respected and highly valuated. Thanks in advance!

Venmo is one I've seen a lot of people use. Otherwise wire transfer between banks are secure, may not be same day, but depends on what arrangements you set up with your bank I'd assume. 

PayPal randomly locked access on my account the other day.  Made me upload copy of DL to verify.  Took a few days to "clear" right in the middle of buying something on eBay.  I def prefer Venmo.

Ive been getting a lot of phishing emails claiming to be Paypal locking my accout.  I rarely use it so i just report them as phishing.