supplements ?

q8ylambo

Optimum Hydrowhey, Speed Shot and OxyElite Pro or Synadrex pre-workout, casein before bed, CLA, Glutamine, BCAAs, etc etc. lol

FYI - OxyElite Pro has been recalled due to liver failure concerns. Tossing my supply now.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Synedrex is the new OxyElite. My wife loves it - it's too strong for me. Seriously.

I like Optimum Nutrition PRE for pre-workout now. Awesome.

Jack3d and some others similar banned in many countries because they contain DMAA which is amphetamine derivate and heart failures (death) etc are reported.

http://www.fda.gov/food/dietarysupplements...s/ucm346576.htm

Haven't tried them personally, little bit of caffeine/guarana is enough for me, trying to do without but in this very dark winter time it's hard to train without.

Jack3d and some others similar banned in many countries because they contain DMAA which is amphetamine derivate and heart failures (death) etc are reported.

http://www.fda.gov/food/dietarysupplements...s/ucm346576.htm

Haven't tried them personally, little bit of caffeine/guarana is enough for me, trying to do without but in this very dark winter time it's hard to train without.

My latest bottle, I disliked greatly compared to the previous batch. Come to find out, my new batch was on the recall list.

From Bulkpowders.co.uk: Lean Mass whey protein, creatine tablets.

Im about to try the PAGG tablets as recommended by Tim Ferriss' 4hr body.

• 4 months later...

Supplements:

CLA

Glucosamine

Multi vitamin(centrum performance)

Green tea

L-carnitine

Pre workout:

Currently taking bullnox androrush

Was taking nutra bio extreme nitric stack

Intra workout:

Scivation xtend BCAA's

• 2 weeks later...

I like the post about the gummy multi...hahaha..I actually love those for the days Im tired of pills. Who doesn't like gummis. lol..

I also like ON Gold Whey..But I have a bunch of different brands/types in pantry..Its for different times and if Im mixing anything with it. If you like chocolate (I'm not a huge chocolate fan) Beverly whey is AMAZING! Very good protein as well, little on the high side.

Other then the right food and being well hydrated. I take the normal vitas/minerals. I have been juicing more in the AM for get good stuff in my body, since I consume over 5k cals a day.

Pre-work out...Right now I switch back and forth between Hemo Rage black and Mutant Product.. They are good for what Im using the for. On top of pre-work out meal, timing is everything with PWO drinks.

Aloha,

Will

• 3 months later...

I'm looking for pre workout and liquid aminos recommendations. Vbox, David, what do you guys like now? What do you think of Pre Jym?

I've noticed also that my immune system can't handle working out more than 3 times a week. Anything to boost it?

I take vit c, zinc, lysine and fish oil daily.

Proteins I buy I make sure have glut in them but maybe add that too separately?

creatine makes me nauseous… I usually stick to high protein low carb. @42 trying to get abs again. Its very hard at this age.

creatine makes me nauseous… I usually stick to high protein low carb. @42 trying to get abs again. Its very hard at this age.

Don't believe the hype. I eat 300 to 350g of carbs per day and have abs. Macro % and timing, carb selection, and fat consumption/selection are far more important.

I'm looking for pre workout and liquid aminos recommendations. Vbox, David, what do you guys like now? What do you think of Pre Jym?

I've noticed also that my immune system can't handle working out more than 3 times a week. Anything to boost it?

I take vit c, zinc, lysine and fish oil daily.

Proteins I buy I make sure have glut in them but maybe add that too separately?

I use Optimum Nutrition PRE for pre-workout.

I don't take separate Glutamine or BCAA anymore, so all I get is what's in my ON gold standard whey or hydro whey.

What are your immune system symptoms?

This... This a thousand times for a pre workout. I was using cellucor C4 and i was taking 3 scoops before a workout. It was mild to say the least.

This stuff makes me feel like I could rip off an elephants head and use it as a soccer ball.

Last workout I had I went from typically doing 90 lbs dumbell flys for 10 reps to 120's on this stuff

Best pump ever.

UAKqZTx.jpg

Besides this stuff ( I try not to use it every time as I don't want my body getting use to the kick)

My favorite thing Before a workout is a tall black coffee. That'll get me going every time. :D

You do dumbbell flyes with 120s? Holy Christ man - what do you weigh?

Maybe I'm using the wrong term.. Press? I do it on Incline. Where I start the dumbbells on my knees, then left them to the side so my elbows are just below my chest and then up to the top to touch. 225lbs 6'5

I'm lifting chest tomorrow or Monday and will grab a vid :icon_thumleft:

Maybe I'm using the wrong term.. Press? I do it on Incline. Where I start the dumbbells on my knees, then left them to the side so my elbows are just below my chest and then up to the top to touch. 225lbs 6'5

Yeah that's a db press. I knew you were thinking of something else - I doubt even the guy you posted can do db flies with that weight..simply different muscles and how much tension they can handle. 120 press is nice though, especially on incline.

Im still taking the exact same stuff as before, but also added in Resveratrol daily, and now I use Anavite as my daily vitamin (which is 6 pills total).

I use Optimum Nutrition PRE for pre-workout.

I don't take separate Glutamine or BCAA anymore, so all I get is what's in my ON gold standard whey or hydro whey.

What are your immune system symptoms?

Do separate BCAA and glutamine make a big difference? I know with glut I don't think I noticed much, never took BCAAs.

120s on incline is strong. Nice work man.

If you want to see some real craziness check this guy out on Instagram. Brad Castleberry. 5'9 245lbs.

Claims to be the worlds strongest power lifter.

CURLS 120 lbs!

B6tY35C.jpg

Wonder what his Juice regimen is?? :lol2:

Thats some heavy curling

I'm just starting to take supplements. Took the advice of several close friends and also my local nutrition shop. My goal is weight loss, muscle gain, and overall well-being. Any tips/advice is welcome!

Pre/Intra: Scivation XTend (BCAA). Three scoops in a shaker before and during workout.

ON Gold Standard Whey: Two scoops after workout.