What a Beautiful color Countach

Peter K

This such a nice color, probably on of the 3 best imo.

Tony's for sale on Ebay?

Eventhough I love the color(I think one of three), the interior I do not.

I think it will be hard to reach his price, or come close.

Is that a factory color? The interior is not factory, the additional stereo mods, chrome wheels, and crappy F/I system on that car are a definite detraction inmo.. Whats he asking for that car?

Is that a factory color? The interior is not factory, the additional stereo mods, chrome wheels, and crappy F/I system on that car are a definite detraction inmo.. Whats he asking for that car?

bin=139k

They are not chrome, they are polished. It's how the original owner bought the car new. Paint was a color change, the car was originally Nero/red. I didn't like it but next to the red and black, boy does it stand tall!

They are not chrome, they are polished. It's how the original owner bought the car new. Paint was a color change, the car was originally Nero/red. I didn't like it but next to the red and black, boy does it stand tall!

I didnt think it was a factory color. And by chrome I meant polished. Color does look nice, but like I said inmo NOTHING about this car justifies a price tag higher than what you can buy nice Countach QV's for..

I didnt think it was a factory color. And by chrome I meant polished. Color does look nice, but like I said inmo NOTHING about this car justifies a price tag higher than what you can buy nice Countach QV's for..

she looks so different when the sun hits her skin.

DSC_0160_2_1.jpg

So color change to non factory? Too bad but I'd live with it.

So color change to non factory? Too bad but I'd live with it.

I get the call and buy the car over the phone(no pic), I was wondering how this(Merlot) would look, then the truck opened up and the sun hit the side of her......I just smiled!

I could live with the color but not the interior or the crappy podge fi system.

Color is not bad, def not my first, or even 5th choice, but liveale.. How much you think it would cost redo the interior? That car pain in ass too if you want to change the front to euro look as hood is cutout.

i do not like this color and, above all, it's not an OEM color and it does not match at all with the interior color. This car need a repaint with its OEM Black color.

Of course it's just my opinion.

I Just appreciate the high price: this means Countach prices are going up!

ciao

Tony's for sale on Ebay?

Eventhough I love the color(I think one of three), the interior I do not.

I think it will be hard to reach his price, or come close.

the sale price of this car will set the new benchmark. this is supposed to be the "cheapest" model.

Lately, sale price has been flying high. If this sells above $135K then prices of Countaches will need to be adjusted well upwards.

Alan,

Dont know anymore if the older price still apply. There has been a series of purchases on the up side and frankly, that car is not off the ballpark of the reasonable.

Remember that a 5000S just sold for $175K after several cars also selling for high prices.

I doubt you can touch a 5000S today for $120K-$130K that is ready to go to a car show. If there is one, these car are snapped by overseas buyer.

the sale price of this car will set the new benchmark. this is supposed to be the "cheapest" model.

Lately, sale price has been flying high. If this sells above $135K then prices of Countaches will need to be adjusted well upwards.

What hurts the sale is the non eom color and interior.

Don't get me wrong, now that I have one, I hope the prices do go up

Alan,

Dont know anymore if the older price still apply. There has been a series of purchases on the up side and frankly, that car is not off the ballpark of the reasonable.

Remember that a 5000S just sold for $175K after several cars also selling for high prices.

I doubt you can touch a 5000S today for $120K-$130K that is ready to go to a car show. If there is one, these car are snapped by overseas buyer.

:icon_mrgreen:

If that car fetches near that amount I will be amazed. Just a few items I noticed (lack of attention to details ) Wiper hardware not masked prior to repaint. Repainted over all black chalking. Paint in wheel well. Paint on rear control arms. Exaust shield missing. Engine compartment needs lots of clean up and detail work. Dont get me wrong, as an owner myself, I hope he gets close to his number.

I would change interior to Senape.

Alan,

this let me hope that the day i will sell the car, i will not loose too much money... i spent 177 K euro and still counting: mint cars prices must grow up a bit more...

These toys are very expensive: how much did you pay fo the car and the restore (more or less) Jason?

I would change interior to Senape.

:iamwithstupid:

or change the exterior to black...

Thanks Mike for posting picture.

Could it be factory?

post-37-1340025208.jpg

Alan,

I think the problem you have stems from owners who want to see their cars values go up, people not taking into consideration that certain cars are unique and then in their minds applying these values to their own cars. Then you have sellers such as Tony, who are attempting to price these cars as high as possble, hoping for a Euro buyer to snap the car up for what they consider a bargain... Thats why most of these cars are not selling in the U.S.

This car is an example.. Seller attempts to point out this is a special car.. Unique interior, unique color, polished wheels (very rare lol) and awesome factory fuel injection known to be the worst performing of the entire Countach line. Looking at this car, you can tell interior needs redo, even if just to keep the way it is. Paint job is rough, engine compartment looks rough etc. Now in the Countach lineup, they are all of course great cars because they are a Countach, however as we did here before if they lined up one of each production line, this car or an Anniv would be the least desirable of the bunch... So how could you possibly justify paying 140k for this car, and adding atleast inmo 20K to fix the faults and still end up with one of the least desirable cars in the line with a color change. Especially when Aniiv cars in great shape are selling for 100-120K , Countach QVs F/I are also in that same range and MUCH better cars then the example we are speaking of.

Inmo, the prices of these cars really havent gone up all that much. Europeans are snapping up Carbed cars as they find the F/I cars undesirable, this has driven prices of these cars up, while F/I cars continue to be the black sheep