VBUGKING

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are a goof.

Have you driven one? Do you understand that after you go through 3 sets of tires you have to change out the wheels according to the factory. Know how much those wheels are?

Where in the world can you use that kind of power? I haven't had a ticket in over 5 years, but even with the SV, I know it is only a matter of time the way I drive it.

Unless it's a collector car that has a chance of appreciating, spending $1million on a car is ludicrous.

I actually enjoyed driving the LFA and taking a test drive with Paul the Lexus Rep. But even that car is over priced for the performance you get, but it sounds amazing.

Have you driven one? Do you understand that after you go through 3 sets of tires you have to change out the wheels according to the factory. Know how much those wheels are?

Where in the world can you use that kind of power? I haven't had a ticket in over 5 years, but even with the SV, I know it is only a matter of time the way I drive it.

Unless it's a collector car that has a chance of appreciating, spending $1million on a car is ludicrous.

Who cares? It's the POTENTIAL that's tantalizing. Other than a really generous runway or a private showing at the Ehra Lessien test track, chances are you're never going to crack 250mph (safely); but knowing that you CAN is what drives people to spend this type of money on a car, among other things (exclusivity, looks, attention to detail, etc...).

I actually enjoyed driving the LFA and taking a test drive with Paul the Lexus Rep. But even that car is over priced for the performance you get, but it sounds amazing.

Yes I have driven one, yes I own one and yes I have talked to multiple Bugatti owners and hear the real stories, maintenance cost, tire cost, tire wear, etc. Ive heard it first hand and by personal experience not by googling it on the internet. The truth gets very distorted when it comes to perception and reality. The stories I hear remind me of TMZ reporting Kanye West got his new $750k Lamborghini Aventador...and that was reported last week LOL......

Where in the world can you use the power on your SV or Scuderia really?? And the Veyron is a collector car.....what did you think it is? and my bet is it will appreciate. You have listed several exotics that you own......I have several personal ones myself......I bet you have your favorite and the others cars you own get shuffled around and parked and constantly need something here and something there just like my collection. You probably drive one alot more than the others and the cars in your collection arent really collector cars and will continue to drop, just like some of my stuff. I go through this same routine of owning multiples of the same thing with watches and other stuff........thats almost ludicrous in itself.......why not just have one super badass unfuckwithable car that chances are will appreciate over time? I kinda like that idea myself. :icon_thumleft:

Im going to start a thread in the airplane section comparing a Cessna 172 to the Gulfstream 5. LMAO...But they do both fly and have wings.

Mattyrae,

The Veyron is a collectors / status car. It is worth every cent if that is what you want.

All these cars are more money than the power is worth. Yeah, you can tt a Gallardo. And get more power at 1/8th the price of a Veyron. That is not what it is about. Or maybe it is to you. The Veyron is designed for that kind of performance totally stock. It is an animal that moved the goal line.

For my dollar, it is about how the cars looks and how it delivers the power. I like cars that feel like a stiff unforgiving race car, that also look sexy to me. It has to feel like a special experience when I pilot them. Like Lamborghini's, the Veyron offers a look and experience unlike any other car. If that is the look and experience that makes you feel like you are experiencing an emotion and feelings beyond your wildest dreams, that is what it is all about.

As Vboxking noted, it is probably not my thing. It is probably way more refined and technically smoother than what I go for. It doesn't make it less then the greatest car ever. It is all about what trips the owners trigger. Price is a personal thing. If it isn't a problem for you to own a beautiful Murice SV that 99.99999% of the world would think is insane, what is the difference in the million plus? It's all insane to most people.

Back to the Veyron. I hope you get one Aaron and I hope every time you drive the experience is priceless!

Who are you to say what is ludicrous for one person and not another? Spending 400 grand on an SV is a little ludicrous to most people. Having more than one sports car is a little ludicrous to most. In fact even having a sports car is excessive to most.

Point is, everyone plays at different levels. What might be excessive for you might be normal for another, and vise versa. This is a simple concept and given that you strike me as an intelligent man, many of your posts are surprising to me in how narrow-minded they are.

Yes I have driven one, yes I own one and yes I have talked to multiple Bugatti owners and hear the real stories, maintenance cost, tire cost, tire wear, etc. Ive heard it first hand and by personal experience not by googling it on the internet. The truth gets very distorted when it comes to perception and reality. The stories I hear remind me of TMZ reporting Kanye West got his new $750k Lamborghini Aventador...and that was reported last week LOL......

Where in the world can you use the power on your SV or Scuderia really?? And the Veyron is a collector car.....what did you think it is? and my bet is it will appreciate. You have listed several exotics that you own......I have several personal ones myself......I bet you have your favorite and the others cars you own get shuffled around and parked and constantly need something here and something there just like my collection. You probably drive one alot more than the others and the cars in your collection arent really collector cars and will continue to drop, just like some of my stuff. I go through this same routine of owning multiples of the same thing with watches and other stuff........thats almost ludicrous in itself.......why not just have one super badass unfuckwithable car that chances are will appreciate over time? I kinda like that idea myself. :icon_thumleft:

Im going to start a thread in the airplane section comparing a Cessna 172 to the Gulfstream 5. LMAO...But they do both fly and have wings.

Mattyrae,

The Veyron is a collectors / status car. It is worth every cent if that is what you want.

All these cars are more money than the power is worth. Yeah, you can tt a Gallardo. And get more power at 1/8th the price of a Veyron. That is not what it is about. Or maybe it is to you. The Veyron is designed for that kind of performance totally stock. It is an animal that moved the goal line.

For my dollar, it is about how the cars looks and how it delivers the power. I like cars that feel like a stiff unforgiving race car, that also look sexy to me. It has to feel like a special experience when I pilot them. Like Lamborghini's, the Veyron offers a look and experience unlike any other car. If that is the look and experience that makes you feel like you are experiencing an emotion and feelings beyond your wildest dreams, that is what it is all about.

As Vboxking noted, it is probably not my thing. It is probably way more refined and technically smoother than what I go for. It doesn't make it less then the greatest car ever. It is all about what trips the owners trigger. Price is a personal thing. If it isn't a problem for you to own a beautiful Murice SV that 99.99999% of the world would think is insane, what is the difference in the million plus? It's all insane to most people.

Back to the Veyron. I hope you get one Aaron and I hope every time you drive the experience is priceless!

Who are you to say what is ludicrous for one person and not another? Spending 400 grand on an SV is a little ludicrous to most people. Having more than one sports car is a little ludicrous to most. In fact even having a sports car is excessive to most.

Point is, everyone plays at different levels. What might be excessive for you might be normal for another, and vise versa. This is a simple concept and given that you strike me as an intelligent man, many of your posts are surprising to me in how narrow-minded they are.

:iamwithstupid:

These 3 guys speak the truth!

many of your posts are surprising to me in how narrow-minded they are.

I was thinking the same thing, and it's even more shocking in this arena from the owner of an SV.

Mattyrae - What makes you the grand jury on how one should spend their own money, and calculate the ludicrous-ness value in such spending?

Most people here buy what they like, because they can, and not always because it's the best monetary return on investment. Hell to most it's insane to own or charter a PJ to fly around the world/country. But to many being able to fly from Houston to NY, have a meeting, return home, sleep in your own bed that night and be back in the office the next day is worth the cost of admission. A cost which is more than some people make annually.

Hell there is a guy here in SoCal that has I belive 4 or 5 Veyrons (regular, GS, SS, etc). For no other reason that just because he likes them and fcuk, if you have the funds why the hell not. It very well could be less than the annual operating costs on his boat.

Let the man spend his money however he chooses FFS.

Wasn't talking to you. You own the black one for sale on your site? :)

BTW, how can you say a car that has lost almost 1/2 of it's value already is a collector's car?

Was it this Paul?

post-3902-1341399889.jpg

This Mattydude reminds me of Pantera, no really, he does.

One of my favorite bands. Dimebag was a revolutionary Guitar player, horrible what happened to him. If that is what you are referring to.

Back to the car, the paddles are way too short also. There is a great use for the car though, The Gold Rush Rally.

One of my favorite bands. Dimebag was a revolutionary Guitar player, horrible what happened to him. If that is what you are referring to.

You're trying to be smart, but what our friend Eyebrows was saying, is that you come across as a dimwit.

just one important question which would be very nice to know about people spending much time in the veyron.

In several magazines there are complaints about the huge A pillars which creat blind spots more than in other cars. Is this really true and a problem you would complain when using the car in cities with big traffic and a lot of people around the car to ogle the monster? I suppose bugatti improves the visibility for the veyron ss and grand sport by using smaller A pillars but not sure if this really improves a lot. On the other hand to create the smaller pillars they changed the stereo system and now using only 4 speakers instead of 6 from the burmester system so i suppose a lot of people complained the visibility?

thanks

You're trying to be smart, but what our friend Eyebrows was saying, is that you come across as a dimwit.

Like I fcuking care what you think. Because I don't think the Veyron is a great driver's car? It isn't, it's a high speed GT car. It doesn't hold it's value. It costs an arm and a leg to service, let alone insure. It is not the best looking exotic for the price. Guess that's why only 300-400 or however many have been made, have found homes.

I have never been one on any car forum to just say "congrats, and good luck in your search.". I speak my mind based on my experiences, if I help in a decision so be it. Helped a Lambo LP550 owner make the switch to a Scud the other day. He is very happy, and I even talked to him over the phone through his search.

just one important question which would be very nice to know about people spending much time in the veyron.

In several magazines there are complaints about the huge A pillars which creat blind spots more than in other cars. Is this really true and a problem you would complain when using the car in cities with big traffic and a lot of people around the car to ogle the monster? I suppose bugatti improves the visibility for the veyron ss and grand sport by using smaller A pillars but not sure if this really improves a lot. On the other hand to create the smaller pillars they changed the stereo system and now using only 4 speakers instead of 6 from the burmester system so i suppose a lot of people complained the visibility?

thanks

The A pillars are pretty high, but another issue if I remember right is the seating position, you sit pretty low, and kind of fall into the car a bit. So yes, switching lanes could be tough when turning to look over your shoulder. But most Exotics are similar in that way.

The A pillars are pretty high, but another issue if I remember right is the seating position, you sit pretty low, and kind of fall into the car a bit. So yes, switching lanes could be tough when turning to look over your shoulder. But most Exotics are similar in that way.

You do sit low, luckily I am 6'4" so its good for me. There are plenty of blind spots and the side mirrors are really small. Moving over to the right on a lane change, its tough to see if anyone is in your blind spot. On the left, no issues.

You do sit low, luckily I am 6'4" so its good for me. There are plenty of blind spots and the side mirrors are really small. Moving over to the right on a lane change, its tough to see if anyone is in your blind spot. On the left, no issues.

hi so would you really complain it or is it equal to other cars like lambos, ferraris and so on?

Like I fcuking care what you think. Because I don't think the Veyron is a great driver's car? It isn't, it's a high speed GT car. It doesn't hold it's value. It costs an arm and a leg to service, let alone insure. It is not the best looking exotic for the price. Guess that's why only 300-400 or however many have been made, have found homes.

I have never been one on any car forum to just say "congrats, and good luck in your search.". I speak my mind based on my experiences, if I help in a decision so be it. Helped a Lambo LP550 owner make the switch to a Scud the other day. He is very happy, and I even talked to him over the phone through his search.

I disagree, the Veyron is a great car, an engineering marvel, and is definitely worth the money for those who can afford it. It isn't bad to insure, only about 50% more than an Aventador. They made the amount they said they were going to make, and now they are done. The prices have rebounded and will continue to IMO.

do you think it´s easier to change lanes in a veyron SS

hi so would you really complain it or is it equal to other cars like lambos, ferraris and so on?

For me it was about equal to other flagship Lambos. I could see how someone shorter than me would not like how low the seat is.

For me it was about equal to other flagship Lambos. I could see how someone shorter than me would not like how low the seat is.

just one last question as you could be really help me a lot

Is there one car in your memory which is near the same with creating blind spots and so on. (maybe the Aventador?) As in germany many magazines complain about it and not sure if this is really something special in these type of cars.

just one last question as you could be really help me a lot

Is there one car in your memory which is near the same with creating blind spots and so on. (maybe the Aventador?) As in germany many magazines complain about it and not sure if this is really something special in these type of cars.

What is the context of your question?

Right now it appears as if you have a fetish for blind spots.