I got to drive a Veyron!

VBUGKING

What is the context of your question?

Right now it appears as if you have a fetish for blind spots.

no fetish :-) only a big fan of the veyron and often angry at some magazines who try to find something to complain about it so would be glad to get a reply to my last posts

thanks a lot

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just one last question as you could be really help me a lot

Is there one car in your memory which is near the same with creating blind spots and so on. (maybe the Aventador?) As in germany many magazines complain about it and not sure if this is really something special in these type of cars.

Of all the questions you could ask, you ask this??? Strange

Wasn't talking to you. You own the black one for sale on your site? :)

BTW, how can you say a car that has lost almost 1/2 of it's value already is a collector's car?

Yes I do :) Lost half of their value by what figures......comparing what a 2006 Veyron is selling for compared to what a New Veyron is selling for OR comparing what a 2006 Veyron is selling for compared to what it cost new in 2006. Better check your numbers.

One of my favorite bands. Dimebag was a revolutionary Guitar player, horrible what happened to him. If that is what you are referring to.

Back to the car, the paddles are way too short also. There is a great use for the car though, The Gold Rush Rally.

The gold rush rally was a great use for the car, I have zero problem driving any of my cars if I own them and want to drive them. I bought the car to drive and enjoyed driving it on the Gold Rush Rally. It was a absolute blast! You mad I drove a Veyron and had fun?? LOL Guess what......it even got wet in the rain.......woooooooo

Not sure why you seem to be so negative in alot of your ~30 or so post. People dont care that you dont like the car, to each his own.......but when you start saying stuff is ludicrous because a cost or maintenance, when its all relative, and you happen to have several cars most people will never own....seems a little odd to me. If its your justification for not owning one its fine, but it comes across like your calling people that do like them, want one, or own one stupid.....

As far as your comments that its not a great drivers car......how far or long have you personally been in the drivers seat of a Veyron? Who did you quote insurance through? What personal experience do you have with the cars maintenance? Just curious..

Best of luck to you either way.

It's not a great drivers car, it's a big pig. It sounds like a big vacuum cleaner. Drove the LFA right after and would take the LFA hands down. The power is useless unless you are on the Autobahn.

Know Junus from Koenigsegg? He was there for part of the rally.

I would be more annoyed with the guy so interested in finding the perfect exotic with no blind spots than me. Easy, just buy a Porsche GT3, Turbo, or GT2, no blind spots.

It's not a great drivers car, it's a big pig. It sounds like a big vacuum cleaner. Drove the LFA right after and would take the LFA hands down. The power is useless unless you are on the Autobahn.

I would be more annoyed with the guy so interested in finding the perfect exotic with no blind spots than me. Easy, just buy a Porsche GT3, Turbo, or GT2, no blind spots.

ASSCLOWN

What annoys everyone is your arrogance regarding opinions that are subjective. You make statements to the effect of, "it's not for me so it sucks and you're wrong." You should realize that not everyone is looking for the same things as you and not everyone looks at their money the way you do. Everyone has a different financial situation.

Forget cars. I see people pay millions for mediocre paintings and that is insane to me, but I get it. It's what makes them happy.

That said, from your comments it is obvious that you get off on playing the heel. That would be great and useful to everyone if you had an interesting point of view and fresh prospective. Unfortunately, many people feel your talent is getting under people's skin because they find your posts to be ignorant.

You seem to have experience and some great taste (beautiful Murcie SV) and you could probably add a lot more here and get more respect if you rethink the way you approach your comments. just like the real world, respect is earned here, not gifted. I hope you do not take my comments the wrong way and view them as positive.

I get what you're saying with respect to driving purity.

Only problem is we'd have to hold other exotics to these high standards. Why own a Murcielago or even a 430 when you can own an Exige, Caterham 7, GT3 RS, Zanardi NSX, M3 CSL?

Everyone talks a big game when it comes to driving purity (myself too probably), but the panache aspect of owning exotics is the elephant in the room. :icon_mrgreen:

I get what you're saying with respect to driving purity.

Only problem is we'd have to hold other exotics to these high standards. Why own a Murcielago or even a 430 when you can own an Exige, Caterham 7, GT3 RS, Zanardi NSX, M3 CSL?

Everyone talks a big game when it comes to driving purity (myself too probably), but the panache aspect of owning exotics is the elephant in the room. :icon_mrgreen:

Good points, for those that have not driven the Veyron yet, it is not easy to drive on and off boost. It reminds me kind of like the old 930, but times 1000. We were driving on mountain roads up in Seattle. Full throttle is just so strong, not easy deciding what % of throttle to use under lower speed corners. It is a rush like no other from 0-100 or 0-120. But like I said, unless you had a safe area to utilize that kind of power, the car is just too much.

Out of the cars listed above, I would def. take an RS over a normal 430.

The great thing about the U.S. is we can all voice our opinions, and that's all they are, our opinions based on our experiences and feelings. Some make comments without any experience.

Forget cars. I see people pay millions for mediocre paintings and that is insane to me, but I get it. It's what makes them happy.

Well said, Mattyrae needs to understand this. There is always a group of people who like certain things. If you go on a photography forum you will find loads of people chatting on and on about special edition cameras or whatever, while other people could care less about how many megapixels their camera has. To each his own.

VBOXKING, you should definitely get the Bugatti. I highly doubt it will depreciate due to the exclusivity and the fact that no more are being made. I saw go for it!

The great thing about the U.S. is we can all voice our opinions, and that's all they are, our opinions based on our experiences and feelings. Some make comments without any experience.

Your right, but what's the point in being so negative about it? You obviously aren't a big fan of the Veyron, that is clear. You even gave legitimate reasons why, but that should of been the extent of it. There is no need to continue going on and on if it is clear that VBOXKING likes it.

I would like to know where hes getting his info. Regardless of me owning one, it is one of the easiest exotics Ive driven (and Ive driven about everything)....except for maybe backing....lol. More comforable, more power, and better front clearance due to the short front than most out there. Insurance isnt even that bad. Vbox ask me what I was quoted for personal insurance and he confirmed with his carrier.....barely over what other exotics are.... @5k a year. And that was confirmed thru 2 seperate nonaffiliated insurance companies.

I understand peoples maintenance concern comments but thats relavent to the car and owners and consideing since the cars are collectible and rare justify some higher cost.

Im guessing no real life or very very little experience in a Veyron for Matty. Just some time spent googling on the internet.

I would like to know where hes getting his info. Regardless of me owning one, it is one of the easiest exotics Ive driven (and Ive driven about everything)....except for maybe backing....lol. More comforable, more power, and better front clearance due to the short front than most out there. Insurance isnt even that bad. Vbox ask me what I was quoted for personal insurance and he confirmed with his carrier.....barely over what other exotics are.... @5k a year. And that was confirmed thru 2 seperate nonaffiliated insurance companies.

I understand peoples maintenance concern comments but thats relavent to the car and owners and consideing since the cars are collectible and rare justify some higher cost.

Im guessing no real life or very very little experience in a Veyron for Matty. Just some time spent googling on the internet.

hi baky,

you and also vboxxing are the only veyron drivers i know so i would be very glad when you can help me with one question. Would you really complain the visibility in the veyron when using it in towns or is is quite easy as you get use to? I am not sure if the pillars caused such big problems in the veyron that it´s worse to use them in towns like other exotics.

thanks a lot

There is not a chance in the world of me buying a Veyron today tomorrow or next year BUT if I did I would most certainly take an OWNERS advice.

When it comes to knowledge on how a vehicle performs......Owner > Test Drive.

Then quit trying so fcuking hard to tell the guys who own them that their opinion is wrong. You've stated your side based on an afternoon drive, and you have multiple credible people/owners who feel differently. Even if he wants it just to use as a wheel chalk for his G5 who gives a fcuk?

There is another member who stated flat out he has driven his Enzo to home depot to pick up bags of soil, just because he can.

You can verify with Tom Nault, owner of the V.I. SV in Seattle area I did in fact drive it. I would love to see you verify you actually own your Veyron, and that your bank or credit line don't own it.

Many of us got to drive it up by Snohomish Falls, first Butch Leitzinger drove for a bit, then pulled over, and let us drive.

5k / year is not pocket change for insurance, and it is not comparable to "other" exotics, unless you are talking about 1 million plus cars, then it would certainly be comparable.

Then quit trying so fcuking hard to tell the guys who own them that their opinion is wrong. You've stated your side based on an afternoon drive, and you have multiple credible people/owners who feel differently. Even if he wants it just to use as a wheel chalk for his G5 who gives a fcuk?

There is another member who stated flat out he has driven his Enzo to home depot to pick up bags of soil, just because he can.

Exactly. Let's keep this civil. Not everyone has the same taste in cars. Do we need to go back to the 1st grade?

The Veyron is like the Concorde. Simple as that. My favorite car of all time, the McLaren F1 was the king of the road until the Bugatti came along. Now it wears the crown. Driving purity? Go older. Most new exotics are leaning towards drivability. We all know this- and it's the way it's going to be.

Hopefully this will show you how it handles? :

For me the high pitch wail of a V-12, even one with less hp, wins!

Even the 670-4 SV will lap that track in 1.19

Ok, we got it two pages ago, you don't like the V. Will you stop cunting up this thread with your unwanted opinions now.

Hopefully this will show you how it handles? :

Even the 670-4 SV will lap that track in 1.19

nnnnnnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggh.

I read some of your posts in this thread earlier today and I was going to give you some genuine credit for some of your points despite not been presented in a decent way.

You then went and blew it all away by using Top Gear as a factual reference point. Shame.

nnnnnnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggh.

I read some of your posts in this thread earlier today and I was going to give you some genuine credit for some of your points despite not been presented in a decent way.

You then went and blew it all away by using Top Gear as a factual reference point. Shame.

It's pretty much the only road test / lap test available. If you know of another please post.

Like I said, as far as accelation, the Veyron is mind blowing, never felt that kind of rush ever before, but for me, owning an exotic car must do more than just go fast in a straight line.

I also want the styling, the noise, the handling, the exclusivity. Veyron def. meets the exclusivity, has the bragging rights for top speed, even though it cannot for the most part ever be used, styling is in the eye of the beholder, but it misses out in other areas.

Curious to what Vboxking didn't like about the Aventador? Was it because he had an opportunity to recoup his investment, make money on it, but what didn't he like about the driving experience?

I drove the Aventador around Exotic's racing track for 8 laps, and didn't like it either.

It's pretty much the only road test / lap test available. If you know of another please post.

Like I said, as far as accelation, the Veyron is mind blowing, never felt that kind of rush ever before, but for me, owning an exotic car must do more than just go fast in a straight line.

I also want the styling, the noise, the handling, the exclusivity. Veyron def. meets the exclusivity, has the bragging rights for top speed, even though it cannot for the most part ever be used, styling is in the eye of the beholder, but it misses out in other areas.

Curious to what Vboxking didn't like about the Aventador? Was it because he had an opportunity to recoup his investment, make money on it, but what didn't he like about the driving experience?

I drove the Aventador around Exotic's racing track for 8 laps, and didn't like it either.

Yes we get it. We've seen your YouTube videos. For you an exotic needs to have a towel on the passenger seat so that your daughter or wife doesn't leave ass prints. For you an exotic can never be launched because that's too hard on the clutch. They need to be driven very gently, because even though you've spent 400 grand on the vehicle, god forbid you'd ever need to spend another 10 on the clutch.

I've gotten so many complaints about you I could buy your next ball cap and t-shirt if I had a nickel for every complaint. Cool driving gloves btw. Those are a definite necessity when crawling around suburbia.

Last time I gave you a day. This time you get a week. Next time a month. Night night.