I got to drive a Veyron!

VBUGKING

Yes we get it. We've seen your YouTube videos. For you an exotic needs to have a towel on the passenger seat so that your daughter or wife doesn't leave ass prints. For you an exotic can never be launched because that's too hard on the clutch. They need to be driven very gently, because even though you've spent 400 grand on the vehicle, god forbid you'd ever need to spend another 10 on the clutch.

I've gotten so many complaints about you I could buy your next ball cap and t-shirt if I had a nickel for every complaint. Cool driving gloves btw. Those are a definite necessity when crawling around suburbia.

Last time I gave you a day. This time you get a week. Next time a month. Night night.

:turboalex: :aikido: :lol2:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi baky,

you and also vboxxing are the only veyron drivers i know so i would be very glad when you can help me with one question. Would you really complain the visibility in the veyron when using it in towns or is is quite easy as you get use to? I am not sure if the pillars caused such big problems in the veyron that it´s worse to use them in towns like other exotics.

thanks a lot

No I wouldnt complain at all. Easy to drive.

Im guessing no real life or very very little experience in a Veyron for Matty. Just some time spent googling on the internet.

You can verify with Tom Nault, owner of the V.I. SV in Seattle area I did in fact drive it. I would love to see you verify you actually own your Veyron, and that your bank or credit line don't own it.

Many of us got to drive it up by Snohomish Falls, first Butch Leitzinger drove for a bit, then pulled over, and let us drive.

5k / year is not pocket change for insurance, and it is not comparable to "other" exotics, unless you are talking about 1 million plus cars, then it would certainly be comparable.

Great. I just ask where you were getting your info and experiences from. Im so impressed you got to drive the factory demo car for a limited time while someone was holding your hand.

Verify I own my Veyron.......WOW. Im really at a loss for words but dont worry though Im doing just fine. Lucky thing I didnt say I have big balls........You would have wanted me to post a picture LMAO :icon_butt:

Well said, Mattyrae needs to understand this. There is always a group of people who like certain things. If you go on a photography forum you will find loads of people chatting on and on about special edition cameras or whatever, while other people could care less about how many megapixels their camera has. To each his own.

VBOXKING, you should definitely get the Bugatti. I highly doubt it will depreciate due to the exclusivity and the fact that no more are being made. I saw go for it!

Your right, but what's the point in being so negative about it? You obviously aren't a big fan of the Veyron, that is clear. You even gave legitimate reasons why, but that should of been the extent of it. There is no need to continue going on and on if it is clear that VBOXKING likes it.

Thanks for the nice comments and common sense statements.

Then quit trying so fcuking hard to tell the guys who own them that their opinion is wrong. You've stated your side based on an afternoon drive, and you have multiple credible people/owners who feel differently. Even if he wants it just to use as a wheel chalk for his G5 who gives a fcuk?

There is another member who stated flat out he has driven his Enzo to home depot to pick up bags of soil, just because he can.

:iamwithstupid:

Im guessing no real life or very very little experience in a Veyron for Matty. Just some time spent googling on the internet.

You can verify with Tom Nault, owner of the V.I. SV in Seattle area I did in fact drive it. I would love to see you verify you actually own your Veyron, and that your bank or credit line don't own it.

Many of us got to drive it up by Snohomish Falls, first Butch Leitzinger drove for a bit, then pulled over, and let us drive.

5k / year is not pocket change for insurance, and it is not comparable to "other" exotics, unless you are talking about 1 million plus cars, then it would certainly be comparable.

5k a year is a lot cheaper than I expected, and is only like 50% more than the Aventador was. Yes you can find cheaper if you go with some collector car type insurance, but this is through normal carriers

Matty

If ever you do get to read this...

Top gear is a entertainment show, rarely is some of it actually factual.

Bugatti declined to offer a car to the show first time around. The first Veyron they had on the show had no engine. The white one that went around the track came from a independent dealer a few miles from the airport where it is filmed. The owner bought it and then crashed/dinged the passenger footwell on a petrol pump and then it went onto the show

You can see that here when it leaves the line.

That time was far from diplomatically correct, they wanted to make a point to Bugatti.

Top Gear consistently screw results to favour their "opinion". Look out for the GT2 and LP560 test in which they claim the LP will ruin the GT2. In no kingdom will that ever happen. When you watch the drag race, the edits show the different staging. The GT2 in the lead then miles behind then level, then miles behind.

It is a far cry from being fair and consistent especially when there are a number of drivers that are the Stig.

I would love to see you verify you actually own your Veyron, and that your bank or credit line don't own it.

This is grounds for a ban for sure...

It's pretty much the only road test / lap test available. If you know of another please post.

Like I said, as far as accelation, the Veyron is mind blowing, never felt that kind of rush ever before, but for me, owning an exotic car must do more than just go fast in a straight line.

I also want the styling, the noise, the handling, the exclusivity. Veyron def. meets the exclusivity, has the bragging rights for top speed, even though it cannot for the most part ever be used, styling is in the eye of the beholder, but it misses out in other areas.

Curious to what Vboxking didn't like about the Aventador? Was it because he had an opportunity to recoup his investment, make money on it, but what didn't he like about the driving experience?

I drove the Aventador around Exotic's racing track for 8 laps, and didn't like it either.

Who cares how well the the Veyron handles, I went to the Bentley Driving School, and a super heavy Bentley handles far better than anyone will ever need on the street.

There were many reasons I sold my Aventador, one important reason being I didnt like the way the Aventador rode when just cruising around. It was ultra stiff and bouncy and didnt pass the "wife on facebook" test while we were cruising around town.

Top Gear consistently screw results to favour their "opinion". Look out for the GT2 and LP560 test in which they claim the LP will ruin the GT2. In no kingdom will that ever happen. When you watch the drag race, the edits show the different staging. The GT2 in the lead then miles behind then level, then miles behind.

It is a far cry from being fair and consistent especially when there are a number of drivers that are the Stig.

I do enjoy seeing what times the cars put down on the lap though.

No I wouldnt complain at all. Easy to drive.

Great. I just ask where you were getting your info and experiences from. Im so impressed you got to drive the factory demo car for a limited time while someone was holding your hand.

Verify I own my Veyron.......WOW. Im really at a loss for words but dont worry though Im doing just fine. Lucky thing I didnt say I have big balls........You would have wanted me to post a picture LMAO :icon_butt:

Lol @ the balls statement.

Bobby, I wish I could have videoed you backing out in the Veyron when you were leaving. I have never seen someones head bob and weave so much. The car is hard to see out of, and has some pretty bad blindspots (as do most exotics), no doubt about it.

Lol @ the balls statement.

Bobby, I wish I could have videoed you backing out in the Veyron when you were leaving. I have never seen someones head bob and weave so much. The car is hard to see out of, and has some pretty bad blindspots (as do most exotics), no doubt about it.

but as bobby owns a veyron it seems to be easy to drive it with the visibility problems as you get more and more practise. I suppose when he will use the car now he would not weave so much. I have never seen so many exotics in towns like the veyron so i think it´s easy to drive when you get practise with it but it´s only assumption.

Thanks for the nice comments and common sense statements.

:icon_thumleft: Any time, Mattyrae needed some common sense, and I was more than happy to share it with him. :icon_mrgreen:

hi baky,

you and also vboxxing are the only veyron drivers i know so i would be very glad when you can help me with one question. Would you really complain the visibility in the veyron when using it in towns or is is quite easy as you get use to? I am not sure if the pillars caused such big problems in the veyron that it´s worse to use them in towns like other exotics.

thanks a lot

Personally, my biggest concern with the Veyron is the cigarette lighter. Can someone please confirm if it is the type that pops up automatically or if you have to pull it out yourself once it gets hot...

...anyone???

Personally, my biggest concern with the Veyron is the cigarette lighter. Can someone please confirm if it is the type that pops up automatically or if you have to pull it out yourself once it gets hot...

...anyone???

:lol2:

I heard that the cig lighter is actually the same one out of an A4. Major turnoff for sure.

No shit, for that kind of money I want either a small nuclear device, or an amish guy to jump out of the glove box and start ferociously rubbing two sticks together. Either option needs to be fully functional while in a 1.5g turn and should play a pleasing tune as well. Though I hear the yearly maintenance on the amish is outrageous these days.

You just can't win :eusa_wall:

...anyone???

I dont think there is one......I cant find it......if someone knows where it it is please tell me. LOL

All I know is I was lucky enough to drive one several years back, was documented here on LP.. First went out with that rally driver guy forgot his name, then changed seats. This was before I got my GTT.. All I remember is that the car was soo incredibly easy to drive and go fast, that I felt my grandmother could do it.

Let fools like MattyRae try and compare tracktimes, if he had ANY knowledge, he would know a track prepped Honda will run circles around any of these cars. His Murci SV, is an archaic dinosaur which is closer to my Diablo, or any Diablo for that matter, then it is a Veyron.

The Veyron is KING, it will always be KING, it is this era's Countach, which in my opinion is the first Supercar.. This is the kind of car you buy, and keep inmo. As once you own it, everything else will pail in comparison for years to come.

From what Im told these cars are pretty much bullit proof. I always hear these tire arguements, and wheel arguements.. LOL, as I said before first and foremost I dont anyone here is going to be going 250MPH on a reg basis so no need to change the stockers, and as has already been done have HRE make you a set of custom wheels and run reg tires.. Problem solved..

Baky, you are a lucky man! Accichelli you are a lucky man to be faced with this decision.. Mattyrae... you are an idiot..

From a guy that doesn't own any exotic cars,watching people bicker over $500,000 & 1.5 mill cars.... LOL

wY7aD.gif

Sweet baby Jesus, who is that Rob?

There were many reasons I sold my Aventador, one important reason being I didnt like the way the Aventador rode when just cruising around. It was ultra stiff and bouncy and didnt pass the "wife on facebook" test while we were cruising around town.

Aaron - sounds like you had a fun and lengthy test drive. Nice!

One question - would the Veyron pass the "wife on facebook" test? The LP700 failed because you said you were mobbed everywhere you went. I imagine it would be the same in a Veyron. You even mentioned it got plenty of attention. It's more rare, so I'd think it will still draw more attention than you like (based on your previous comments about not enjoying all the attention in the Aventador).

Aaron - sounds like you had a fun and lengthy test drive. Nice!

One question - would the Veyron pass the "wife on facebook" test? The LP700 failed because you said you were mobbed everywhere you went. I imagine it would be the same in a Veyron. You even mentioned it got plenty of attention. It's more rare, so I'd think it will still draw more attention than you like (based on your previous comments about not enjoying all the attention in the Aventador).

Yeah, the attention in the Veyron was as bad or worse. It did pass the "wife on facebook" test much better than the Aventador. Also part of the appeal of the Veyron over the Aventador is that the car is likely going to hold its value or increase in value unlike the Aventador which will go down. If a car gets too much attention it sits in my garage a lot, and I dont drive it as much. I would much rather have a collectable in that situation instead of a depreciating asset. If I am enjoying a car to its fullest and driving it constantly (like my Ghost), then I have no problem with the depreciation.