2012 TDF

blylek

Thought ID open this up. Looks like it will be an open ticket of a race. Anyone care to make any predictions? Looks like it will be a fun race to watch and although Its been a long time since a favorite has been picked to win it (AC or AS even) it seems like it can be anyone's race. Id like to see Evans do well again, even though he really didn't give us the "dramatic" attacks of the previous few years. Frank Schleck would also be fun to watch win, since he's not going to have to support his brother.

Sagan is amazing-first the chicken man then the running man. Am anxious to see what he has next. I'm also digging those Lemonhead-like helmets.

I pick Wiggins for the win. It is either him or Evans. I think that Evans has the upper hand having won the event before and being the defending champion. I have zero confidence in a Schleck winning it, even if Andy was racing and was healthy.

Oh great, it's that time of the year when everyone picks up biking for the summer and ride in the middle of the road causing traffic jams while dressed from head to toe in spandex with fake sponsors.

Sagan is amazing-first the chicken man then the running man. Am anxious to see what he has next. I'm also digging those Lemonhead-like helmets.

I met Sagan at Amgen this year...nice kid..big ego though! The mountains coming up will seperate the true contenders..

And i dont know if id like riding with a no vent helmet for a long distance..

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty interesting stage today, what with all of the tacks...kept thinking, what if they found the tacks on one of the riders, lol! Too bad someone screwed up what otherwise was a great race. Barring any unforeseen injuries, looks like wiggins has this sewn up as it doesn't look like Cadel has the motor this year. Could all change in the middle of the week with the mountain stages, but wiggins looks much stronger so far. Fromme v Wiggins would be a great race this year, but Fromme is playing the good teammate...Sky't team is riding a great Tour.

Anxious to see how Johan is going to try to sweep this positive test under the rug. Hopefully, this will finally be the end of Brunyel.

I have zero love for the Schleck brothers. Good riddance to both. My guy is going to win, they will likely not win the team prize as Cav and Eisel can't make it over the climbs as quickly. My favorite Cav is going to win on the Champs. Great tour for me all round!!!

I think this has been one of the worst tours I have followed. Cant really put my finger on why I feel this way, but I do.

Great major tours this year though. First Canadian to win the Giro, first Englishman to win the Tour.

Bravo!

I actually kind of feel the same way. Couple of things stand out. No Cavendish in the sprints as Sky would not support him. Several overall contenders taken out in crashes. Then, too many crashes. Then dogshit Schleck and his crap. No Contador to really put the screws to anyone. Anything you would like to add? I am sure you have a couple more.

Am I the only one that thinks Froome could have won the tour if he didn't keep getting told to wait for Wiggins?

I agree that the Tour hasn't had that much pull as usual. The stages have been fairly boring, no one really pushing it.

Tee Jay looks good for the US in the future but I agree this year's tour has been pretty boring. The most exciting stage to me so far has been the time trial :( Froome appears to have more in the tank when it counts than Wiggins, especially on the last climb of yesterday's stage. He needs to get onto a different team so we can see some fireworks again. Nobody has any more than anybody else this year and watching them ride side by side up the big mountain passes is not a thrill. When I saw Nibali attack on the last climb I was hopeful, but getting 30 meters gap and being pulled back is about what I've come to expect from this year. Hopefully the next crop of young guys has more to offer. Cadel and others suck as "favorites".

I think its somewhat boring this year because the two best riders are on the same team and they are not fighting each other. What made the tour with AC and LA great was the spector of betrayal and in-fighting amongst the team, plus Andy Schleck came out of no where to challenge them both. Fromme can't really attack Wiggins, if he did, I'm not sure Wiggins could have answered...but then again, they are functioning as a team and so who knows how it would have went down if Fromme were more selfish... This tour just lacks one additional legitimate threat to team Sky...lots of "what ifs" for me this tour.

From a British point of view, fantastic Tour de France. Wiggins, Froome and Cavendish all making history. Really enjoyed the last few days of the Tour.

Bravo to wiggins to not dropping the ball as a favorite .

Small victories Defoe France . Too bad they don't have anybody who could actually win it all.

One of the most disappointing bike races I have ever seen just occurred. Wonder how much Vino paid Uran for that "woops" moment.