Lamborghini gets a new facility

Proving that the Volkswagen Group has a lot in store for Lamborghini in the future, the Italian supercar maker inaugurated a new design and small-series production facility housed in a multi-store building in the Sant’#### Bolognese area.

Lamborghini says that aside from the design and development of the firm's concept models, the building will also feature a “mini” assembly line on the second floor that has been set up to replicate the entire range of assembly steps performed on a standard production line.

"The miniature line will be used to carefully study the steps in assembling pre-series models, so that high standards of quality can be reached during subsequent industrial production," said the Italian automaker in a statement.

The same 'mini' line will be used to manufacture small series vehicles such as the Sesto Elemento that was introduced at the 2010 Paris Motor Show and which Lamborghini says 20 will be built with first deliveries in 2013.

According to the company, the new building is the first of its kind in Italy to earn a Class A energy certification (yearly energy consumption: ≤ 8 Kwh/m3).

During the inaugural ceremony, Lamborghini officials also announced that a part of the proceeds from the events celebrating the company's 50th anniversary in 2013 will be used to help rebuild cultural treasures and places of worship damaged by the earthquake that hit the Emilia region in May.

post-7252-1341608086_thumb.jpg

post-7252-1341608150_thumb.jpg

post-7252-1341608178_thumb.jpg

post-7252-1341608217_thumb.jpg

I could be wrong, but is that a red Urus he's sitting in?

That was my thought, you can clearly see the hinges for the rear doors.

I like the idea of a specialized smaller production assembly line, think of how many special addition Gallardos they can paint with it!

Good post. You get your name back.

LOL....Thanks Porter, your the man :icon_thumleft: ..I will try to contribute more than just youtube vid's from now on.