Flat Green Superleggera / Twin Turbo Project

gianca

dam, you could be heffners next competition shop in SOFL ;)

i can barely add tire pressure and you are taking apart Lambos lol

looking good and yes SP has some awesome deals!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SatPoint, I am just a big petrol head as Jeremy would put it, I do all of the work myself and out of my small garage...

Assman, Yes, I was told that Nabil was taking the car to Dubai so he had Heffner add the Motec but the car never made it to Dubai.

CGT-N-IT, this is just fun to me man, most times a big waste of money and time but I love it :)

Nice! Wish I would have had the chance buy your orange SL. Still haven't got around to listing my TTG lol.

Another dyno video of it:

wow, that is a lot of torque for the given HP....

Actually the paint is in really good condition as it was clear bra the whole front, rockers and rear bumper. I don't think I am going to upgrade anything to do with the Turbo system as the car makes a great deal of power as it is, see video and Dyno sheet below which was done on pump gas.

http://tunedbypsi.com/dyno-record.php?Twin...uperleggera-235

That was just the Dyno sheet that I was given by PSI home of the famous tuner, due to some mayor miss understandings they had the car there for months and they just did a run to make sure that the A/F ratio was OK but it is strange to me too; I am planning to trailer the car to the west coast once is ready to get it revised by Jason and make sure that everything is in order.

That was just the Dyno sheet that I was given by PSI home of the famous tuner, due to some mayor miss understandings they had the car there for months and they just did a run to make sure that the A/F ratio was OK but it is strange to me too; I am planning to trailer the car to the west coast once is ready to get it revised by Jason and make sure that everything is in order.

very smart. he will get it dead on!

Man you're definitely an inspiration ..... I admire the way you're just rolling up your sleeves, and getting after it!!!!

Which means you must have an interesting background.

Let's face it, an adventurous attitude will only carry you so far.

At some point, you're gonna need some serious skills to pull off what you're attempting.

I'm just curious, where did you aquire those skills???

Man you're definitely an inspiration ..... I admire the way you're just rolling up your sleeves, and getting after it!!!!

Which means you must have an interesting background.

Let's face it, an adventurous attitude will only carry you so far.

At some point, you're gonna need some serious skills to pull off what you're attempting.

I'm just curious, where did you aquire those skills???

He got his skills from hanging out in the parking lot at the performance shop where I use to work on cars at! He would ask questions and then just go do it in the parking lot, lol.

Well, I must confess that my skills have improved project after project; it seems that as they come I'm up to a tougher one. I have been around cars my whole life and hang out at many shops including the one where LamboFan35 used to work, this was many years ago but my memory tells me that he would not disclose much...

I really enjoy the before and after experience specially in cars...

wow, i would never be able to put everything back together lol

when is your eta?

I am in no hurry so it will be a few weeks, I just got the calipers back and splash guards today, the steering wheel should be here by the weekend and still have to finish with the radiators ducts on the front bumper as well as install the heat exchanger on the center so it gets fresher air.

I'm also going back and forward with Pepe on the wrap, stil don't know what color...

I have some good memories with that car from a long weekend in Miami with Sprite... it's a great car and looks like it ended up in a good home.

I figured I would drop in, since I was semi-mentioned in your post.

First, congratulations on the car and nice work on it thus far! It was always a good looking car, in need of a lot of TLC. Looks like it is finally getting that, and should make a fun car for you! Glad that ugly wrap came off.

The dyno graph torque curve looks to be skewed by an inaccurate rpm reading (Dynojet calculates HP directly from the roller speed, where the torque reading requires an accurate rpm input to be calculated).

To clear up any misconceptions that may exist over the car, since it was at the shop I lease space from so long. It was not my customer, and I never did any work on the car. The most I did was drive it around the block when it first arrived, and after that less than enjoyable experience I never touched it again. The owner (or broker, never quite figured out the real situation) wanted me to update the MoTeC to UGR spec and tune it but per my agreement with Underground Racing I told him the only way I could do that is if he updated the whole thing to a UGR package (it is the only way it would work anyway, the UGR setup is very much a complete "system"), which he couldn't afford. The car than sat forever, had an E-Gear line break, that was repaired. It then sat more. Then it was having clutch issues, and I think PSI took it to Lamborghini to get checked out but owner didn't want to put a new clutch in it (which I guess it needed) so it got some re-programming and then finally left. I know they put it on the dyno to verify air/fuel and it looked good. Not sure what the situation was between the actual original owner and the broker that ended up with it, but always seemed to be a weird situation and one I don't know much of the details about as it was not my job/customer/place to know.

Anyway, enough of that. Best wishes and good luck with the project! Hard to go wrong with a black SL!

Shouldnt the hp and torque curves cross at 5252rpm??????

Per John's post just above:

"The dyno graph torque curve looks to be skewed by an inaccurate rpm reading (Dynojet calculates HP directly from the roller speed, where the torque reading requires an accurate rpm input to be calculated). "

Since the Renown LP570-4 bumper is longer than the stock 04-08 I had to fabricate radiator ducting extensions to make sure that the air would be driven to the them. First I made some cardboard templates, cut them on ABS plastic, fit them and trim them into position, to then re-paint the fabricated panels and installed them on the car all with stainless steel hardware.

I designed them in two peaces, the ducts stay in the car screw into the OEM ducts and the two outer peaces that I will be attaching to the bumper with fiber glass; at the same time I took advantage to re-install the K40 Laser difusers and the Laser Pro Hammers built into the bumper.

DSCN2435.JPG

DSCN2437.JPG

DSCN2464.JPG

DSCN2482.JPG

DSCN2496.JPG

DSCN2494.JPG

DSCN2506.JPG

DSCN2510.JPG

I also got the calipers back from the paint shop and the steering wheels re-wrap in a combination of Acantara, Perforated Leather, Silver stitching and Silver stripe on the top center.

IMG_1650.JPG

DSCN2453.JPG

DSCN2448.JPG

DSCN2445.JPG

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG