• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't complain too much now...

It sure beats the Bentley SUV...

AND...

It, for better or for worse, would certainly help the sales of the Urus.

:icon_mrgreen:

Seriously... no!

fcuking Horrible, but they could have had anyone from this board design it, and it would sell millions of models. Too many soccer moms frothing at the vagina to get their hands on the latest and greatest. Im actually surprised the Evoque isn't doing better. Not the most amazing looking car in the world, but I expected more sales. I rarely see them in Miami.

fcuking Horrible, but they could have had anyone from this board design it, and it would sell millions of models. Too many soccer moms frothing at the vagina to get their hands on the latest and greatest. Im actually surprised the Evoque isn't doing better. Not the most amazing looking car in the world, but I expected more sales. I rarely see them in Miami.

Not sure how it is down there, but in Canada most LR dealers are sold out of the Evoque 5 door for 4-5 months... Resale on the used is incredibly strong.

I was really excited for the new Range Rover and even put my name down for an early delivery at several dealers. Makes me wish I'd kept the Ultimate that I had...

Speaking of, there's dealer chatter that RR will be offering an Ultimate spec for the new truck as a regular model... ME dictators rejoice :D

Makes me wish I'd kept the Ultimate that I had...

The $250,000 edition that had some iPads and the extra center console? I always wondered what person would spend slightly used Phantom money on a Range Rover...glad ive got the chance to now ask....WHY?!

The $250,000 edition that had some iPads and the extra center console? I always wondered what person would spend slightly used Phantom money on a Range Rover...glad ive got the chance to now ask....WHY?!

+1000

Im actually surprised the Evoque isn't doing better. Not the most amazing looking car in the world, but I expected more sales. I rarely see them in Miami.

The Evoque sales are high. Here's a news from yesterday

Jaguar Land Rover Starts 24 Hour Shift to Cope With Demand

For the first time in Halewood’s 50 year history, Jaguar Land Rover’s 4,500-strong Halewood workforce will now work around the clock to meet strong global demand for the Range Rover Evoque. Since its launch in July 2011, the Range Rover Evoque has been sold 88,000 times in more than 170 markets.

In March this year, Jaguar Land Rover announced that Halewood would move to 24 hour production, and launched a recruitment campaign to hire 1,000 new production operators, supervisors and engineers. These new recruits will manufacture both the Range Rover Evoque and updated Land Rover Freelander 2 models across three shifts, including a new night shift, which began at 21.30 this evening.

The Evoque sales are high. Here's a news from yesterday

Jaguar Land Rover Starts 24 Hour Shift to Cope With Demand

For the first time in Halewood’s 50 year history, Jaguar Land Rover’s 4,500-strong Halewood workforce will now work around the clock to meet strong global demand for the Range Rover Evoque. Since its launch in July 2011, the Range Rover Evoque has been sold 88,000 times in more than 170 markets.

In March this year, Jaguar Land Rover announced that Halewood would move to 24 hour production, and launched a recruitment campaign to hire 1,000 new production operators, supervisors and engineers. These new recruits will manufacture both the Range Rover Evoque and updated Land Rover Freelander 2 models across three shifts, including a new night shift, which began at 21.30 this evening.

Let me rephrase this then-In Miami, where I see 40-60 Full Size/Sport Range Rover Sports on my 85 mile round trip daily commute, I may see 2 Evoques. I think the thing that makes it a tough sell down here is-everyone is about image. So you have a loaded 2010 RR Sport SC for $55,000 with low miles, and you have a loaded Evoque selling for low-mid $50's. The CPO Warrantees are really good on RR's, so people are buying the used cars first down here.

Eh it's ok. I'm sure it will look better in person. I'm glad they redesigned some of it instead of basically the same thing every year.

Damn lack of tone over the internet...

I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek and say that even the retarded Ultimate seems not so bad now that the new design is official. Several are saying the typical RR depreciation might not be the case with this coming down the line.

As for why - I only did it to make money flipping it (which doesn't really answer your question, just passes the buck to who bought it from me... Really, I don't know why. Doesn't make any sense to me!).

For the sake of accuracy though, they weren't $250k; US trucks were $170, Canadian trucks were $192... Still obscene.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first batch of these are hitting US shores today for test drives. If you're looking to test drive one you should be able too by the end of the week.

I just got my wife a 2012 autobiography a couple weeks ago. Good SUV. I am still waiting for the Urus for myself and sticking with my H1 alpha. I went with the 2012 over the MY13 because for her I want reliable. With all the new bits it is more likely to have problems than the refined outgoing model. I agree that the 13 is ugly. Hopefully in 14 or 15 they will get the looks back on track and I can move her in to one of those (and myself in to a URUS *wishful thinking*).

It's growing on me...

PHOTO-GALLERY:-The-2013-Range-Rover-is-Showing-Its-Muscles-1617931830.jpg

2013-Range-Rover-56-630x471.jpg

:iamwithstupid:

That interior is boss. I would wait a year or too to fix some of the bugs, RR never gets everything right. Ford must be pissed, Tata bought RR/Jaguar for a bargain after billions in losses, a couple of years later they are profitable.

This is really going to piss off the 2003-2005 range rover owners, they no longer have the best looking range for half the price of a new one!