Leaked photo of 2013 Range Rover

Nath4N

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just built a 2013 autobiography on the land rover configurator. You guys have to see the 14,500.00 exterior paint options, that chameleon paint from the fast and furious era is back! Can't believe these things can price out at 150k without much effort. 2011 autobiogs can be had for less than 100k. Wonder if the new body will hold value any better than the old.

I will end up with one.

I'm on my fourth Range Rover and the only one I had issues with was the full size. Glad they've done a refresh/rework on the aging design. Change is good but these guys aren't dumb they know not to mess too much with a familiar look. I don't think the styling is too radical or different from what we've got now. Agree with kinnsella that Tata has done some smart things with the line. The interior has the Evoque's hidden gear shift that rises from the console. Cool.

I will end up with one.

I'm on my fourth Range Rover and the only one I had issues with was the full size. Glad they've done a refresh/rework on the aging design. Change is good but these guys aren't dumb they know not to mess too much with a familiar look. I don't think the styling is too radical or different from what we've got now. Agree with kinnsella that Tata has done some smart things with the line. The interior has the Evoque's hidden gear shift that rises from the console. Cool.

Hands down, the coolest feature of the Evoque was the hidden gear shift that rises...taken from Jaguar, but whatever, it looked really cool. I see some Evoques on the road, much less than the Q5, makes me almost wish I went with one of them.

Just curious, with a car at that price, would people not expect the wood trim to be grain matched or is that something that is not expected?

The cars I drive have dash and consoles lined in linoleum or whatever is super cheap and can be cleaned with turpentine so I'm not familiar with what is expected. But I am in the woodworking industry and if our stuff isn't grain matched people go bat shit crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
wow, very nice!

Yes, however, the pics & the car is the current MY2012 which is still very nice but it's not the "new" MY2013 Range Rover.

And there is one small thing about the bespoke rear compartment: there is only one flip-out table. I.e. either it comes out and flips to the left; or it comes out and flips to the right --- only one table. So if both left & right rear passenger want their own table respectively, one of them will be disappointed. :icon_mrgreen:

• 8 months later...

Don't know if it's the distortion of the wide-angle lens or not but this Range Rover looks longer than usual --- is it the Long Wheel Base version of the new full-size Range Rover?

The camouflage wrap and that this is from the Nurburgring webcam may also say something.

webcam.jpg

Are the back seats in the big Range Rover more comfy than in the Sport?

I thought you could spec reclining captains chairs instead of the usual "bench" seat for the full size RR.

Are the back seats in the big Range Rover more comfy than in the Sport?

Without the slightest of doubt, yes.

I thought you could spec reclining captains chairs instead of the usual "bench" seat for the full size RR.

You could. Some markets offer massage function on the seats too.

Have to wait to see the real thing to decide but it does look a bit weird and disproportionate. And it's getting gargantuan!

nice to have 7 seats. don't understand how the new RR Sport will seat 7 but the big RR does not -not even an option.

but the report doesn't mention it. from the looks of it, the EWB is just to give more legroom for the rear passengers

I looked at the new AutoBiography yesterday.. Not impressed.. They want $30k markup (lol) so car was $169k.. The rear seats are pretty much same as Sport, zero legroom. Had high hopes, not impressed at all. Even at MSRP I would never buy it.