megachad

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The super sports are EPIC!!!!

But you cant get them in our sizes. You can only get PILOT SPORTS.

BTW, I was the guy shouting group buy... you owe me Whiteout...

But you cant get them in our sizes. You can only get PILOT SPORTS.

BTW, I was the guy shouting group buy... you owe me Whiteout...

What sizes are you talking about? I run Super Sports.

I haven't found an SS in 335/30R18. What are you running wigs?

The pilot sport is probably a better tire anyways. Lower treadwear and stickier. Just not as good for colder climates.

Another really good tire is actually the BFG tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...;wtpackage=true

Very inexpensive for the quality of tire. They last long and I have tracked these tires before. A little loud but still grippy and long lasting. These tires do however even mention their outer diameter to be different than the pirelli's. They would be just fine for RWD cars.

The pilot sport is probably a better tire anyways. Lower treadwear and stickier. Just not as good for colder climates.

Another really good tire is actually the BFG tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...;wtpackage=true

Very inexpensive for the quality of tire. They last long and I have tracked these tires before. A little loud but still grippy and long lasting. These tires do however even mention their outer diameter to be different than the pirelli's. They would be just fine for RWD cars.

However Whiteout. It does look like you are correct. There isn't a matching set in the 18" size for the Super Sport or the Pilot Sport.. Hmmm.

265/30 front, 345/30 rear

There is a 345/30 in 18 in the Super Sport? 4 real? WTF! Hmmm... might be time to do some investigating. I actually believe the 345 rear is better then the 335 on a 13 inch rim. It always looks like a 335 is being stretched on a 13 inch rim. Hell if I had my way we'd have a 355 option, which I think would be perfect. But I'd definitely take a 345 over 335 (yes I know its very small difference)

Would the 265's fit ok on the stock front wheels?

Yes, its well known to fit, HOWEVER, it can ONLY be used on RWD setups, as its NOT the right rolling radius for the AWD systems. However, interestingly eough a 285 is actually 99.99% the exact same rolling radium as our stock tire, BUT it wont fit on the rim. So you would need to widen the rim to use that effectively (I'm still thinking about doing that, just need to take some measurements this winter, and then send the rims out to get the appropriate size extension.

There is a 345/30 in 18 in the Super Sport? 4 real? WTF! Hmmm... might be time to do some investigating. I actually believe the 345 rear is better then the 335 on a 13 inch rim. It always looks like a 335 is being stretched on a 13 inch rim. Hell if I had my way we'd have a 355 option, which I think would be perfect. But I'd definitely take a 345 over 335 (yes I know its very small difference)

Uh no, there sure isn't... Tirerack concludes D-wiggs is full of shit. :)

My guess is he is talking 19's or 20's which yeah, thats no news flash, those have been around.

18 inch in a 345.. have yet to see.... Thanks for jerkin us Dwiggs. Next time put the last 2 digits when giving tire sized.

can you also do the onversion on an diablo 6.0?

I am pretty positive you can. Whiteout will know for sure.

can you also do the onversion on an diablo 6.0?

Yes. It's actually easier than on the Murci.

Yes, those are 19s all the way around and they stay within the TCS parameters!

Dammit.

• 2 months later...
I have some deletes available.

The front end does not float without the weight. I did 182mph, after converting to RWD and without lowering the car; it was very stable. Lowering the car after going RWD is very simple as well since the Murci comes from the factory with height adjustable coilovers. A nice perk, I didn't align my car after lowering it; the car tracks the same and does not have premature wear on the tires.

Pros:

Significantly faster

Better fuel mileage

Longer clutch life

Easier to drive at low speeds

Easier to get moving from a stop

More likely to launch/go WOT in 1st because there's no worry about killing the clutch

Drop 175lbs

Cons:

No longer good at driving in snow with summer tires.

TCS is more of a hinderance than help IMO. It will kick on in 4th gear. The car without TC isn't 'wild', but it will spin the tires in first gear if you go WOT, usually second will spin a little, and sometimes 3rd (cold out, wet, etc). I turn the TC off every time I get in the car. When there is tire spin, the car is very easy to control.

The biggest difference is the car doesn't understeer around turns anymore. It is more neutral with a tendency to oversteer, which makes sprited driving on windy roads more enjoyable. The car is very predictable in the turns. It doesn't bite like a Viper does when the tail end comes out; I just power through.

Nick

I'm making time this winter to do this.. is there a link to a write up?

What all do I need to buy to do it myself?

Thanks

-Doug

Thanks

-Doug

I had harrison imports in Bountiful do the labor on mine. They did a fantastic job and they know what they are doing. Especially now that they did mine. PM me if you want more info.

Thanks

-Doug

It can be done with hand tools. I suggest using an impact gun on the half shaft nuts though (I'm a wimp). The majority of the hardware is allen head bolts.

PM sent.