Upgrading Widebody GTT

Lambofan35

And on a regular tire. Toyo R888's will improve these times.

The Michelin Pilot sport cups seemed to be much better when its warm and sunny out, when its cold....they are not the best tire. Overall I'm happy with the tires on it especially since they are 20's but I'm still planning on running some custom 18x13's with R888's since I have the widebody and they should fit easily!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those are some awesome times, I wonder if mid 3's will be in the near future on 93 with these cars? But, either way that's insane times your getting and Kevin is right on the R888's the lambo's love them! :D

Fantastic build!!

Can't wait to see this platform in the high 2 sec range on race gas!!

What would also help is not having two people in the car and on an incline...:icon_mrgreen:

3.x sec car on pump all day! Awesome!! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Kisco. I never thought traction was iffy until this latest round of upgrades and now I actually left off the gas sometimes depending on road conditions.

Those are some awesome times, I wonder if mid 3's will be in the near future on 93 with these cars? But, either way that's insane times your getting and Kevin is right on the R888's the lambo's love them! :D

4.0 and anywhere around in the 4's is crazy fast for me considering the way it shifts now. Its little different when you have to left off the gas and go back in it (think like a manual) but now it holds boost really well and changes the sensation of the car moving.

Fantastic build!!

Can't wait to see this platform in the high 2 sec range on race gas!!

They are in the low 3's now on recorded paper...They may have already done a 2.XX at track if I had to take a wild guess.

When I try to breakdown a 8.3second 1/4 mile run, a lot of stuff happens fast during that run, lol.

UGR TT Gallardo 93 Octane VBOX Times

I recently sent my car back up to Underground Racing for another round of upgrades to make it the best possible car it can be on 93 octane. You see, I fell into love with the look and feel of the car so much so that I wanted to continue to improve the everyday driveability....yes I know I sound crazy talking about "Twin Turbo and reliability" in the same sentence but thats how I feel about the car. I drove it back from Charlotte, NC to South FL with no issues!

So after flying into UGR in Charlotte, NC and hanging out for a little bit and getting a grand tour of UGR, we went and got some VBOX times. Kevin and KC had already been on the road tuning the car before I got there but I asked Kevin to show me some of his 60-130mph skills so we went and got a couple runs that were pretty consistent with both of us in the car.

I wasn't worried about race gas so much so he focused on making my pump tune at 15psi the best it could be with some great mods and the same normal driveability of a regular Lamborghini. As of this point, Kevin says this is the FASTEST Gallardo 2004-2008 on 93 octane besides some of the LP560 and LP570 cars. Publicly, I believe the fastest 93 octane of the LP cars (HoustonT) is down to 3.87 on 93 octane anyhow with 1 person driving and we did a 4.06 with 2 people! How much time is an extra 200 pounds worth I wonder

93 Octane- Gallardo SE- Carbon Fiber complete wide body-Stage 3+ - on a .5% incline with DRIVER AND PASSENGER

4.06 seconds = 60mph-130mph VBOX

Nicks_4.06___GTT___wide_view.jpg

Mine's at UGR right now upgrading from stock to 225mph gears.

You have me tempted to fly out and drive mine back to West TX... :eusa_think:

They are in the low 3's now on recorded paper...They may have already done a 2.XX at track if I had to take a wild guess.

When I try to breakdown a 8.3second 1/4 mile run, a lot of stuff happens fast during that run, lol.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. 18xmph quarter has to be sub 3 second 60-130... :icon_mrgreen:

Mine's at UGR right now upgrading from stock to 225mph gears.

You have me tempted to fly out and drive mine back to West TX... :eusa_think:

Do it brother! I had a blast on the way home. I stopped in a couple places where friends lived and just hung out for a couple days. Most of the cars I've bought over the past 5 years, I try to make a memory out of by flying there and driving them home. I usually bring a girlfriend to keep things interesting, they seem to like the idea, lol.

This last girl thought we were flying in to pick up a mustang or something, she was a little surprised when she saw 50 cars all being Lambo's twin turboed. Her reaction was priceless!

This last girl thought we were flying in to pick up a mustang or something, she was a little surprised when she saw 50 cars all being Lambo's twin turboed. Her reaction was priceless!

Lol that's great, good idea!

Track day tomorrow? Keep us posted on that trap speed, Nick. GL on that 150 on 93...you can dooo it!!! =)

I just got a text from Nick.....I'll let him do the honors in disseminating the news from the track today..=)

Update from the track today:

Nice hot sunday around 80-85degree and high humidity...

On the way to the track, I stopped and got a full tank of 93 octane gasoline. I found a good road in "Mexico" and tried a roll from 45mph NO BRAKE boost and got a 4.02seconds 60-130mph----great way to start the day I thought!

Rolled off the line at the 1/4 mile track, I literally got a 2.7second 60foot and then gave it gas. 1st run was boost by gear staged up to 15psi, it went 148.5mph. Shifted into 5th around 140mph.

Hot lapped it without a break but maybe 2 minutes in the staging lanes...

Rolled off the line at the 1/4 mile track, I literally got a 2.7second 60foot and then gave it gas. 1st run was boost by gear staged up to 15psi, it went 150.3mph. Shifted into 5th around 144mph and hit a rev limiter a bit in 2 or 3rd shift.

This car has just been unbelievably reliable, and has lived up to the hype!

I decided that 150mph on pump gas in the 1/4 mile was enough. I checked and i can go 150mph on the dot in 4th gear so I think it could go up to 155mph on 93 octane and 15psi but I'm good for now :)

Here's some pictures from todays event. Verde Ithaca car is a Heffner car Fikse drove it a couple times, he can tell us more about that car. I'm not sure what kind of gas it was running or any other details.

All the Lambo's ran safely today and some of us got some go-kart tracking in!! Good event.

156869_571280902903363_1440220456_n.jpg

522447_571280712903382_1302762037_n.jpg

529221_571280782903375_2081314074_n.jpg

555739_571280762903377_1180023251_n.jpg

Picture of 4.02 60-130mph run

Nick_4.02_GTT_93_Octane_no_brake_boost.jpg

100mph-150mph= 3.54seconds, 93 octane UGR Stage 3+

So I guess I also did a decent 100-150mph time during the 4.02seconds 60-130mph run...I must have stayed on the gas a bit just to be safe, lol.

100_150mph_93_Octane_GTT_UGR.jpg

Nick, nice 100-150 numbers.

Did you run the Green Heffner LP560? Did Fikse run it at the track?

• 1 month later...

New tires came in today!!

335/30/18 TOYO R888

Waiting on HRE 18x13 center lug custom lightweight wheels to finish up in a couple weeks... :headbang:

Time for some race gas and videos holding traction and eating bikes like my idol Kisco, lol.

tires3.jpeg

tires2.jpeg

tires1.jpg

Very nice! Would also like to know how much HP that VI Sypder had. I saw on drag times it ran like 11.05 at 138 I think.

Very nice runs!

Very nice! Would also like to know how much HP that VI Sypder had. I saw on drag times it ran like 11.05 at 138 I think.

Very nice runs!

that VI spyder is badass!

i think around 1k hp

wide R888's! :)

the VI Spyder is a bolt on car, makes 800 whp on pump, I ran 11 flat @ 139 MPH in it, no LC.... weighed in at 3,892 pounds without driver....

the VI Spyder is a bolt on car, makes 800 whp on pump, I ran 11 flat @ 139 MPH in it, no LC.... weighed in at 3,892 pounds without driver....

That is awesome for that weight! Has anyone weighed a 570 at the track with out a driver? Dang that thing is heavy. My R8 coupe was 3625 with a quarter tank of gas and no driver.

here is one of the runs....

That is awesome for that weight! Has anyone weighed a 570 at the track with out a driver? Dang that thing is heavy. My R8 coupe was 3625 with a quarter tank of gas and no driver.

FikseGTS...You are the DRAG guy so when ever you post a number, everyone needs to understand that you will beat 99% of other people in the exact same scenario, lol! I remember the owner went much slower than you when he drove it, haha. He seemed like a cool guy and hopefully we can get more GTT cars together often.

I do recall seeing bright white tail exhaust tips on the VI Spyder though, maybe that was left over from tuning or something.