2011 M3 Sedan

kinnsella

just picked one up to shuttle the kids to and from day care...any suggestions?

It doesn't turn..suggestions please

LOL.

I think pikemike has a modded 3-series. PM him, he might know something.

Pike lives in Florida. They don't have curves there.

KW V3 or Clubsports. (I have them on mine and love them) A good friend of mine did the clubsports on his E90 and loves them too.

He's in SoCal and would give you a ride if interested.

More throttle?

I had plenty of throttle, actually more throttle seemed to make it worse. A buddy of mine who used to race professionally suggested upping the front tire pressures a bit or putting on a softer front sway bar or adjustable bigger bar in rear. Softer front shocks.

I had plenty of throttle, actually more throttle seemed to make it worse. A buddy of mine who used to race professionally suggested upping the front tire pressures a bit or putting on a softer front sway bar or adjustable bigger bar in rear. Softer front shocks.

I was thinking along the lines of adjusting the sway bars.

I'd imagine you don't want to mess with tire sizes, but pressures sound good.

Another thing I'm sure you can do is the alignment...camber/castor/toe in. I believe you can dial out all the understeer you want with just this alone.

I'm sure the BMW autocrossers and road racers already have the settings down.

The M3 really doesn't have a significant amount of understeer in stock form, although it has a little (not enough to complain about for street use IMO). Not sure exactly what you're looking for (track use, street use, etc.), but I would think a little more negative camber would do the trick. Otherwise you must have a tire problem or something.

KW V3 or Clubsports. (I have them on mine and love them) A good friend of mine did the clubsports on his E90 and loves them too.

He's in SoCal and would give you a ride if interested.

+1 on the Clubsports (I have them also), but they shouldn't be necessary to remedy any purported understeer problem.

but they shouldn't be necessary to remedy any purported understeer problem.

But the car is soooooo much better with them. :icon_thumleft:

But the car is soooooo much better with them. :icon_thumleft:

Well, sure. :icon_mrgreen: Lots more grip and control is always a good thing. But the question was about a car that "won't turn," and I'm kind of baffled by that as the car is a very good handling car in stock form, not a nose-heavy pig at all.

Well, sure. :icon_mrgreen: Lots more grip and control is always a good thing. But the question was about a car that "won't turn," and I'm kind of baffled by that as the car is a very good handling car in stock form, not a nose-heavy pig at all.

My first drive was down Tuna Canyon to pick up my daughter from daycare. Very tight single lane canyon road downhill. I didn't have the settings set correctly. My second drive up Las Flores was much better, not as tight all settings on 11. It's a very fast car, easier to drive quickly than my Gallardo. Still understeers, but better, it doesn't seem to respond to trail braking into a corner and applying a little throttle through the corner like my Gallardo does. When I do it in the Gallardo it rotates and feels like it is on rails. I guess it is all that weight up front. My last front engine sports car was a 98 E36 M3 so it's been a while, since then I've had have rear or mid engined cars.

It's a 2 year lease, a throw away car so at most I'll do is camber, air pressure, plates and sway bars. Just waiting for the replacement Gallardo. I was a die hard manual shifter...if the Audi/Lambo twin clutch is as good as the BMW, I am a convert. My current my lambo is for sale.

http://www.catsexotics.com/web/used/Lambor...ington/1154061/

M3 is the only car I have had to spend hour reading the manual to understand to tune it.

Sounds like you just need some more seat time to experiment a little. BTW I've had great luck with the Yoko AD08's on the two M3's I've had--great tires.