Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

Yeah that's actually a pretty badass pic.

Initial reports indicate that Lamborghini has been doing a good job of helping those with vehicle problems.

I would expect nothing less of Italian hospitality, now had this been thru France every man for themselves.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a pink wrap on a gold car? I'd have to ask. If so and if the string LEDs were removed it might not look too bad.

To each his own is how I roll.

Don't know if it's a wrap.. Anyway sure, if there weren't those LEDs it would be nice!

From Top Gear with even more photos:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/lamborghi...taly-2013-05-08

post-3744-1368044272.jpg

You're probably aware of the debt you owe to Enzo Ferrari, but perhaps not in the way you expect.

Certainly, you owe him for services to automotive delicacy for his delicious and utterly beguiling 250 GT. But you also owe him because had Ferrucio Lamborghini not thought the workmanship on his 250 to be a bit rubbish, he never would have started a supercar company, and the world would never have borne witness to an Aventador. Or Reventon. Or Gallardo. Or Diablo. Or Countach. Or Miura.

Or so the legend goes, anyway. So praise be to Enzo Ferrari then, for helping spur on wealthy Italian industrialist Ferrucio - who was a British prisoner of war during WW2 and owned an air-conditioning company - to kick start one of the great Italian supercar manufacturers, thus giving teenage boys something to pin up on their bedroom walls.

This month, Lamborghini turns 50, and its throwing quite the party. To celebrate, the company has gathered up 350 Lamborghinis - owners and guests - for a grand tour across Italy, starting from Milan, through the Trebbia Valley to the Forte del Marmi, then from Rome to Bologna, passing through Orvieto, Arezzo, and San Giustino Valdarno. From Bologna, the tour will end at Sant '#### Bolognese, Lamborghini's birthplace and headquarters.

It'll be some line-up. The Gallardo makes up the bulk of the 350-strong parade (123 cars) - fitting, considering it's the company's most successful model ever - along with a fine splattering of Aventadors, but there's also much more: 36 Murcielagos, 21 Diablos (best roll-up your pastel blue suit sleeves), 17 Miuras, 15 Countachs, eight Espadas, six Urracos, five 400 GTs, three 350 GTs, two Jaramas and even an LM 002. Forgotten what the LM 002 is? Imagine a four-wheel-drive Lamborghini Cathedral, and you're probably there. Ferrucio did start off making tractors, don't forget.

"Since our founder Ferrucio Lamborghini first founded the company," says Lambo CEO Stephan Winkelmann, "a characteristic inherent in our DNA is to address the challenge and not overcome it, but to push boundaries to achieve something even more extraordinary."

Have a click through for pics from the launch, and head back to TopGear.com next week for the full story...

Today's drive was an absolute blast, following the cop on the bike it was insane he was riding like crazy in the city and we had to follow him, it was unreal, people were taking photos, screaming, cheering, it feels like Lamborghini notified everyone in Italy that we were coming, the streets were lined with enthusiasts.

What a blast, we are absolutely exhausted, tomorrow we starting at 7 AM, breakfast then all the roads leed to Rome :icon_mrgreen: , 400 km drive, I am really looking forward to it.

Seeing all those Lambos together it's amazing you simply can not describe the atmosphere, you must be here to experience it.

Lamborghini is doing a fantastic job, the venues, the dinning locations, the staff members at every major intersection or turn off, the police, etc etc they are all amazing, we feel blessed and privileged to be part of it and this is just the beginning.

Can't see the inside or under hood but it appears that they acted quick to get it extingushed. Do folks add fire suppresion systems to the older cars? I rather choke on Halon than watch a Miura burn down.

Yesterday in Milan i saw the owner of the miura doing something at the engine because the car had some problem to turn it on!

He tried several times to switch on the car!

Yesterday in Milan i saw the owner of the miura doing something at the engine because the car had some problem to turn it on!

He tried several times to switch on the car!

Owner likely knew as soon as he smelled smoke or felt the heat that whatever he was dicking with was the cause. Does the Miura have external electric fuel pumps?

Hopefully it wasn't damaged too extensively and no one was hurt. As I mentioned earlier, I think if I had one of the worlds first supercars or any supercar for that matter I would have some type of Halon or other chem/gas integral fire suppression system.

What a great event!

Looks like a pretty hard hit on the tailpipe of the other car. Is the fender skin torn and ripped or do I see bondo under there? Regardless... let's get it patched up prostyle and carry on!

Thanks to all for sharing

Just send to me! Ill post it!

I will when I get home now everything is in my iPhone and its impossible to post with the rubbish wifi available at the hotels.

Man I wish you were here, daddyo is killing me, we are having an absolute blast :lol2:

You will love the shot trust me, think old school gangster :icon_mrgreen:

I love Kris's wrap, completely changed the car!

Looks nice, I really like the silver metallic wrap he used, there is another Aventador there fully wrapped in the silver metallic with a similar texture :headbang:

There are some ridiculously good looking cars here, it's simply amazing, even the crazy colors and wrap combos people went for, they all fun and it's awesome to see the diversity but nobody can outdo the Japanese they are fricking awesome those guys know how to have fun :icon_thumleft:

anyone can tell what the baby blue one's color name in lambo's factory? I'm ordering my aventador roadster right now, but my dealer don't know whats that color call. :aiwebs_003: :aiwebs_003: 3d8322c0b71b11e2b23122000a1f98cf_7.jpg

I think it should be Blu Cepheus but how can your dealer not know the name?

I think it should be Blu Cepheus but how can your dealer not know the name?

:iamwithstupid:

anyone can tell what the baby blue one's color name in lambo's factory? I'm ordering my aventador roadster right now, but my dealer don't know whats that color call.

It's Blu Cepheus and you need a new dealer ASAP.

:iamwithstupid:

It's Blu Cepheus and you need a new dealer ASAP.

LOL i said your same thing :lol2: