Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

The airport at Grossetto was so run down and abandoned, it was almost spooky. Like one of those movie scenes when something bad is going to happen and you are not quite sure where the hit is going to come from.

Luckily, there were 2 other assholes like us there were lost, so we felt a little better about the situation.

We got saved by some random employee of the airport that showed up out of the blue and started taking pictures of the cars. I thought it was a chick, but it was a very feminine looking dude with a mustache lol. Have to have my eyesight checked again.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha ha ha that was the weirdest dude I've ever seen in my life.

Remember when you told me to ask that woman for directions and you were pointing at the dude ?? I was like WTF??

yeah that motortrend video really shows the euphoria of the people watching!

btw: RagingBull; you have a really cool steering wheel. I like what you did to it. I took a pic, but I'm all over the place so can not upload it. Where did u get it amended?

yeah that motortrend video really shows the euphoria of the people watching!

btw: RagingBull; you have a really cool steering wheel. I like what you did to it. I took a pic, but I'm all over the place so can not upload it. Where did u get it amended?

Yeah! I spent a lot of time with Mike from Motortrend. He and I have texted a lot since the event. Great Guy and like all of us, he realizes and appreciates what he was part of.

Thank you Brother! MAcarbon did my steering wheel and their craftsmanship is second to none! They also did some other interior carbon fiber for the car too. I will post high quality pics when I get it back.

Some more random photos, sorry they aren't professional shots, iPhone quality :icon_mrgreen:

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1336.JPG

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1261.JPG

Haha Zack, you really had fun! We'll do a mini cruise when you get here in December, let's hope we won't end up in jail :icon_mrgreen:

anyone can tell what the baby blue one's color name in lambo's factory? I'm ordering my aventador roadster right now, but my dealer don't know whats that color call. :aiwebs_003: :aiwebs_003: 3d8322c0b71b11e2b23122000a1f98cf_7.jpg

I think it should be Blu Cepheus but how can your dealer not know the name?

That actual car is owned by a friend of mine, here's a pic I took under the hood:

1731138.jpg

Does anybody have any more pictures of the Jarama S Bob Wallace Special? As much as I enjoy the newer stuff, I find the old magnificent ones so much more interesting

Here's another pic: THE ENGINE!

c8bc1bd.jpg

This truly was an amazing event...

Words do not suffice to describe it.

Sure, you can organize a huge event and bring 350 supercars together, but this was SO much more than this...

This whole event was about the atmosphere surrounding it. People from all over the world, sharing the same passion, even from a different perspective and culture... Even the people from Japan were so open and heartily! If you've ever done business with them, you know how stiff they usually are !

It was great to meet so many people, and make a few new friends.

As Winckelmann put it "We like to be the bad boys".

That's what this event was: BAD BOYS!

They were great but like you we've only noticed them the second day, also we only got lost once, really, on our way to the Grossetto airport, my co-driver :icon_mrgreen: decided to call 1st right turn at a roundabout rather than follow VCR and take 2nd right, the 1st right put us on a highway, once on that road we had to go through a toll, they didn't want to let us make a U turn at the toll gates, the next opportunity for a turn around was approx 3 km down the road, by the time we got back we've lost the pack and we had a hard time finding the right airport, who knew such a small town had TWO airports :lol2:

That was the only time we were lost but it's all part of the fun.

I have go-pro footage of concubine using the arrows in some real fun ways lol in the hotels at night... just f'n stuck the go pros all around the hotel room. In Milan I hope they don't pass any of those "blue light" body fluid lights on our hotel room.....lol.... we went HAM loved that place! Best event ever!

I still have a Giant arrow at my house just incase she forgets to "go there" ...lol its a funny part of any evening

I was so pumped up from the journey I just had in my Aventador that I was more excited about the Aventador 50th Anniversary Roadster than the Veneno. I also had no idea that he knew I am one of the Veneno owners. Word traveled fast over there.... actually, everything traveled fast over there!

I was so pumped up from the journey I just had in my Aventador that I was more excited about the Aventador 50th Anniversary Roadster than the Veneno. I also had no idea that he knew I am one of the Veneno owners. Word traveled fast over there.... actually, everything traveled fast over there!

Your a stud Kris, but if I was you I would of bitch slapped him with my Italian shoe I was wearing

Your car looks amazing man, I especially love those matte titanium Diones! :eusa_dance:

Your a stud Kris, but if I was you I would of bitch slapped him with my Italian shoe I was wearing

:iamwithstupid:

RG that guy really put you on the spot :eusa_wall:

Thanks Fellas! My wife was cracking up. She said I seemed embarrassed about the Veneno! Anyone who knows me knows there isn't a shy or timid bone in me. The guy said he was interviewing the owners of a few cars. I thought we were just talking about the event and the cars we brought with us. He never mentioned the Veneno before we started rolling and I had no idea that he was going there. So, yes, he caught me off guard. Some people who interviewed me new about it and others didn't. All the other interviewers who knew asked me if I was ok talking about it first. I didn't mind, as you can see in the other interviews. But he went about it differently. I should have been ready! Oh well! :eek3dance:

Your car looks amazing man, I especially love those matte titanium Diones! :eusa_dance:

HAHA! Thanks Brother!! They got so dirty from all the driving they do look like they have a matte finish! lol

RB, you had one of the best wraps in the rally! Such an elegant yet flamboyant design! I love it!

Thank you!